Question regards the black lion trading company & for gold buyable Weaponskins

Before the recent living world patch the „Equinox“ weapon skins have been on a very high price. If I remember correctly:

Equinox Axe Skin: 105g/160gEquinox Sword Skin: 137g/170gEquinox Focus Skin: 77g/120g

I thought it would be a good investment to buy some of them and sell them again for the higher price (flipping). So Directly after the new living world patch dropped, I got all 3 weapon skins but I noticed in gw2efficiency that for an odd reason 7 or more pieces of each of the 3 Skins just got sold and the priced dropped dramatically to:

Equinox Axe Skin: 70g/70gEquinox Sword Skin: 73g/83gEquinox Focus Skin: 30g/38g

I can understand that there is a Risk in flipping items but I can’t understand how this could have happened. So my question is does someone know if ANet itself pumps items into the auction house? I don’t really see how this is made by a player because it would just mean to lose a lot of gold.

I am not a really rich player and due to the fact that right now i play mostly small scale wvw my gold generation is limited. Flipping items was a chance for me to also earn something but this just made me poor again and I’m a Bit speechless since I can now Beginn to save up again.

this is very small target market. Not all people collect these skins. Some buy only specific. Most not interested at all.Try speculate on this skins is bad idea. 90% you will lost gold.

only 20 want buy Equinox Axe Skin for price 50g+. My price 1g. If someone have this skin it useless for him. All what he can do drop for 0, or sell. Skin come and come.There is no any point expect try speculate to rise price up.

@lare.5129 said:this is very small target market. Not all people collect these skins. Some buy only specific. Most not interested at all.Try speculate on this skins is bad idea. 90% you will lost gold.

only 20 want buy Equinox Axe Skin for price 50g+. My price 1g. If someone have this skin it useless for him. All what he can do drop for 0, or sell. Skin come and come.There is no any point expect try speculate to rise price up.

I made already good gold with equinox. I’m not saying these are my only items I bid on but this was also not my question.

It’s about the fact that right after the patch more then 7 pices of each item got sold. If you go to gw2efficiency or gw2 TP you can see the graph and understand exactly what I mean.

@Senqu.8054 said:I made already good gold with equinox.it ok, now time to lose. You can't win always in this lottery. And not only you try play on it

It’s about the fact that right after the patch more then 7 pices of each item got sold.it can be done by one/few person. After patch some need gold to close some new achievements. Drop skins, get gold, be happy.

If you go to gw2efficiency or gw2 TP you can see the graph and understand exactly what I mean.yes see it 10 minutes ago.

@lare.5129 said:

@Senqu.8054 said:I made already good gold with equinox.it ok, now time to lose. You can't win always in this lottery. And not only you try play on it

It’s about the fact that right after the patch more then 7 pices of each item got sold.it can be done by one/few person. After patch some need gold to close some new achievements. Drop skins, get gold, be happy.

If you go to gw2efficiency or gw2 TP you can see the graph and understand exactly what I mean.yes see it 10 minutes ago.

So you want to tell me now that a player came to the conclusion right after the patch to sell more then 5 pieces of EVERY Equinox skin he magically had in his inventory. What you say just makes no sense at all. And since you also say that 90% of the time you lose just shows that you basically have no idea what you are talking about. Look at every graph of every weapon. The curve shape is nowhere near explained by this.

@lare.5129 said:I just say what it can depend from many factor. Only 20 ppl need it for price 50g+. About that graph we can think if so low items count ??

Yeah it can have many reasons if one single weapon skin would be effected. But it is the whole Equinox Skin Serie that has an odd and similar curve shape what makes me wonder. I can’t imagine a guy saved up to 80 skins to sell them at once. That would have been more then 4000g. But if it is like you say and one player just did that, then I’m interested because I want to know for what reason.

As far as I'm aware Anet doesn't add items to the Trading Post directly, if they want to change the availability or price of an item they add or remove sources for players to get it rather than simply spawning a bunch of items and chucking them up on the TP themselves.

Price changes just after an update aren't surprising however. Players return to the game and either buy or sell with no regard for previous prices or long-term investments because they just want to get the skin for their own use, or want to clear our space. This update also brought back several old black lion weapon sets which are available for tickets again. I can't check now but I think equinox weapons are one of the ones which has come back.

@Danikat.8537 said:As far as I'm aware Anet doesn't add items to the Trading Post directly, if they want to change the availability or price of an item they add or remove sources for players to get it rather than simply spawning a bunch of items and chucking them up on the TP themselves.

Price changes just after an update aren't surprising however. Players return to the game and either buy or sell with no regard for previous prices or long-term investments because they just want to get the skin for their own use, or want to clear our space. This update also brought back several old black lion weapon sets which are available for tickets again. I can't check now but I think equinox weapons are one of the ones which has come back.

This is something I can get behind. Thanks for the competent answer!

@Senqu.8054 said:

@"Danikat.8537" said:
As far as I'm aware Anet doesn't add items to the Trading Post directly
, if they want to change the availability or price of an item they add or remove sources for players to get it rather than simply spawning a bunch of items and chucking them up on the TP themselves.

Price changes just after an update aren't surprising however. Players return to the game and either buy or sell with no regard for previous prices or long-term investments because they just want to get the skin for their own use, or want to clear our space.
This update also brought back several old black lion weapon sets which are available for tickets again. I can't check now but I think equinox weapons are one of the ones which has come back.

This is something I can get behind. Thanks for the competent answer!

The War God's Weapon Collection and the Equinox Weapon Collection are available as uncommon and rare drops respectively for the duration of this chest.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/106458/game-update-notes-may-26-2020#latest