WvW Event - one week without arrow carts

Senji.2048

wvw game play is very old.. anet need to come up with interesting game play to be added to wvw.. there is a lot of people playing wvw hours and hours in there.. it is worth keeping this players engage. :) am not sure what type of game play.. its not gvg but something that can link to server score. make a week that server score win based on players deaths. matching system doesn't need to be who wins go up tier who lost go down.. it can be based on overall performance score. well it just a thought.. it is good if others give their ideas and their wish list.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:AC’s damage was greatly reduced over a year ago...

Coordinated groups can camp under several of them for minutes without people going down.

I mean, siege stinks, but if you are having that much difficulty with ACs....

I think lots of people suffer because they didn't play when the game first came out, and a single AC could melt rams and golems in a minute. If you were attacking something and were spotted, and that one person got on an AC, you might as well just bail. Now? ACs tickle at best, and do almost nothing to siege.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:AC’s damage was greatly reduced over a year ago...

Coordinated groups can camp under several of them for minutes without people going down.

I mean, siege stinks, but if you are having that much difficulty with ACs....

I think lots of people suffer because they didn't play when the game first came out, and a single AC could melt rams and golems in a minute. If you were attacking something and were spotted, and that one person got on an AC, you might as well just bail. Now? ACs tickle at best, and do almost nothing to siege.

No they hit for nothing when the game was released. Was about 8 months or even a year after release that they got their insane buff. Point is acs now dont matter to big blobs or decent size organised groups but they do screw over small havoc groups. Same with watchtower. Also screws over smaller groups of 5 or 10.

The power of defensive siege is also the reason guilds have turned to open field fights. No one wants to spend 30 mins sieging a tower just to have the defenders run away when you break in.

Remove all siege, keep oils cannons and rams only.

For the sake of having any WvW event at all, I vote "yes" for a WvW week event without ACs. (imho would be instantly replaced by catas for the event duration, but who cares ...)

ACs are not that strong anyway, any decent 10+ man group can dance under focused AC spam indefinitely. Dying to only AC damage without any other damage source (i.e. another 5 enemy players focusing dmg on you) is purely a learn-to-play issue.

If anyone is dying to AC damage, I recommend 4 basic steps:1) join voice communication (Teamspeak / Discord / whatever ...) on your server2) Join the commander's squad and follow him and his orders on voice communication3) dont play selfish, share your boons and healing abilities with your squadmates, it will help both them and you toook, I forgot 4) have a 80 lvl character with at least Exotic gear.. If you come into WvW with 60 lvl char with only Rare 40 lvl gear, you will most probably die before you will be able to complete even a single WvW event participation.Thats all - you will learn how game mechanics works along playing the game. After some time of playing, you should find yourself where you were doing mistakes with that dying to AC damages.

If you refuse to do these 4 basic steps, I still wish you good luck a having fun in WvW, but then dont come to whine at forum and spam QQ cryfest. WvW is unrelenting "learn or keep dying" game mode. If you die, its your problem . Hope to see you soon, my precious walking free-kill loot bag.

And thats it. teamplay is what matters in this game mode. Keep that in mind, and your chance of dying under AC fire will greatly decrease. Dont worry, many WvW guilds still recruiting complete newbies, if these new players show their wilingness to learn and are understanding teamplay is mandatory in WvW. Dont hesitate to ask in your WvW team chat for WvW guilds recruiting newbies. Ya know, ALL of us were newbies once. The only diference is that we had more time to improve.(Oh, and If you wanna only 1v1, dont enter WvW. Effectively solo roamng is hard to learn activity. Only for devoted fanatic tryhard enthusiasts :D )

I've got a better idea :

WvW Event : No Supply.If yu want a Gate down, yu better bring over 30 players ready to PvD.

Defenders also have no supply to repair with.Yaks carry no Supply, but Yaks count towards upgrading an objective which will refresh its walls.

@SWI.4127 said:It would be cool to see a week with no siege and no doors/walls. Yes you'd constantly lose objectives, but it would cut out a lot what I consider to be downtime (IMO. I know other people like the siege aspect).

For this feeling you could go to EoTM where no one is defending and play the k-train.

The key of course to surviving ACs is to stack tight to distribute damage, make it easier to insta-revive, and maximize healing and boon coverage.

So stack tight...no tighter...a little closer..closer...perfect. OK don't move. No, that spinning glowing sword that appeared over you is fine, don't worry, stay stacked!

My post wasn't about having problems surviving under AC fire. Sure, tank up, join squad, stay on tag and support allies. No problem even in siege capped keep or garry. My point was: if there were no ACs to deploy in a first place, maybe people would discover they have skills to use. Periodical No Arrow Cart Week might remind it. But pressing one button from atop roof is probably easier.

@Zok.4956 said:

@SWI.4127 said:It would be cool to see a week with no siege and no doors/walls. Yes you'd constantly lose objectives, but it would cut out a lot what I consider to be downtime (IMO. I know other people like the siege aspect).

For this feeling you could go to EoTM where no one is defending and play the k-train.

I'm more interested for the fights it would bring where people couldn't constantly run inside when things start to go wrong.

@Yasai.3549 said:I've got a better idea :

WvW Event : No Supply.If yu want a Gate down, yu better bring over 30 players ready to PvD.

Defenders also have no supply to repair with.Yaks carry no Supply, but Yaks count towards upgrading an objective which will refresh its walls.

I know you're being glib here, but just take a pause and think about what it would be like if players have to stack on the gate of every objective they attack, rather than using catas or even trebs against certain towers/keeps?

If you think mortar kit engys, tower rangers or burn guards are obnoxious now........