(Updraft) Is This Intended?

BigEvs.6971

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Widmo.3186 said:@"cmcary.4762"Dont delete my threads, answer instead and look what community thinks about updraft "adjust" :)

They like to keep ele player base in the dark a lot of the time its not your fault. Anet will often cut off skills effect with out giving any one a heads up for the ele class. There is a real negligence on anets end about the ele class i am not sure why.

As one of the ele's FEW USEFUL CC skills to break bar, this now just feels kitten.

Today @Deimos I need to be in air/air or fire/air to use this skill, which means 50% of time it is not there.

Even when I eventually get the right attuement, the moment I press UPDRAFT Saul has just finished his teleportation :'(

Pls make this skill a PVE split at least.

I went against it a couple times now, it's so freaking hilarious because there is 0% chance I'll ever get hit by it. Superspeed or swiftness means you can just walk out on reaction, EVEN on the laggy 150ms I play at.

What is this skill useful for? Just a random evade?

• 2 weeks later...

@Razor.6392 said:I went against it a couple times now, it's so freaking hilarious because there is 0% chance I'll ever get hit by it. Superspeed or swiftness means you can just walk out on reaction, EVEN on the laggy 150ms I play at.

The only way to make this cc happen is...to put other cc. Yes, this skills is that stupid. Otherwise the target needs to downed or handless.Thank you ANet :+1:

@Widmo.3186 said:

@Razor.6392 said:I went against it a couple times now, it's so freaking hilarious because there is 0% chance I'll ever get hit by it. Superspeed or swiftness means you can just walk out on reaction, EVEN on the laggy 150ms I play at.

The only way to make this cc happen is...to put other cc. Yes, this skills is that stupid. Otherwise the target needs to downed or handless.Thank you ANet :+1:

Most of the skill in this game are balanced off of the ideal that the target is headless. Its why most of ele skills that are Paoe got hit soo hard because mobs are dumber then rocks. For what ever reason it all carried over to pvp / wvw and was never updated with the split.

This skill is no more a crowd control skill now. They at least could have been writing a short note. How am i supposed to control the enemy if he easily can walk out of it? The way it works now the only useful thing to do with it is interrupting a rezz...

I’m having an extremely difficult time landing Updraft now. I used to use Air 4, into 5 and then chain it to Earth 4, then 5. But the chain fails at Air 5 because all you have to do is walk away from me. You don’t even have to dodge.

Sometimes I’d just use Earth 4, and if the target used a stun break, I’d quickly switch to Air 5, but once again, all they do is walk away.

So is it even worth using Updraft now? I don’t think I’ve landed it once since the change.

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:I’m having an extremely difficult time landing Updraft now. I used to use Air 4, into 5 and then chain it to Earth 4, then 5. But the chain fails at Air 5 because all you have to do is walk away from me. You don’t even have to dodge.

Sometimes I’d just use Earth 4, and if the target used a stun break, I’d quickly switch to Air 5, but once again, all they do is walk away.

So is it even worth using Updraft now? I don’t think I’ve landed it once since the change.

Just consider it a free evade + swiftness with some zoning potential. It can no longer be used offensively, not even with lightning flash.

This really is a terrible change. If you're fighting it there is a yellow circle that shows you where to walk out of or exactly when to dodge. Dodge when the small circle expands to meet the large one. It's as telegraphed as a raid boss circle attack. Not to mention the one second delay.

@Zuko.7132 said:This really is a terrible change. If you're fighting it there is a yellow circle that shows you where to walk out of or exactly when to dodge. Dodge when the small circle expands to meet the large one. It's as telegraphed as a raid boss circle attack. Not to mention the one second delay.

You don’t even have to waste a dodge on it. Simply walk away from the the elementalist.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently started a weaver and I was watching a January roaming stream and I said, wait, my ride the lightning + updraft combo almost always misses and I see the guy in the video knocking ppl almost instantly after the ride. Now I understand. This delay makes the skill almost useless as the only ones you can knock back are the ones giving rez to a downed enemy. It is too easy to avoid right now, just moving away, no dodge needed. Quite disappointing.

@Blackfish.7349 said:I recently started a weaver and I was watching a January roaming stream and I said, wait, my ride the lightning + updraft combo almost always misses and I see the guy in the video knocking ppl almost instantly after the ride. Now I understand. This delay makes the skill almost useless as the only ones you can knock back are the ones giving rez to a downed enemy. It is too easy to avoid right now, just moving away, no dodge needed. Quite disappointing.

No one complained about this either, ever. In the history of gw2. Goes to show how brainless are the balance devs.