Is the scaling scuffed?

zealex.9410

Why is everything so harmless and squishy in the new map? Everything just gets washed away by just a couple players it feels like.

Im not advocating for this to be like pre nerf hot (altho id love that) but if it was a bit closer to current day hot dificulty i think it would benefit the map considering the context.

@zealex.9410 said:Why is everything so harmless and squishy in the new map? Everything just gets washed away by just a couple players it feels like.

Im not advocating for this to be like pre nerf hot (altho id love that) but if it was a bit closer to current day hot dificulty i think it would benefit the map considering the context.

They're harder than HoT mobs. Of course everything is pretty dangerous if you get ganged up on. Just like everything gets killed fast when they get ganged up on. Amp up their difficulty and getting caught off guard will kill you fast. I won't want to play at all if that happens.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

@"zealex.9410" said:Why is everything so harmless and squishy in the new map? Everything just gets washed away by just a couple players it feels like.

They're harder than HoT mobs.In what way? I can't think of anything on that new map that hits like a mordrem sniper and at no moment did I feel like it was Central Camp in Verdant Brink at night time. Not even close.While I wouldn't say "harmless" I would certainly agree with @"zealex.9410" 's characterization of "squishy"

I thought the mobs were pretty tanky and strong for a living story map. I actually had to bring out my Hammer to CC some of them because they would have blown me up... I'm just talking about doing stuff solo though, not taking part in a meta or anything. They're alright. I like the snipers.

Ran thru map on reaper = facerollRan thru map on mesmer (core btw): single enemies = faceroll, groups = slightly less faceroll but still kindaRan thru map on weaver = dying to retal and 0 telegraph detonate turrets (which randomly does more dmg than everything else which hit like wet noodles)

Upscale enemies = same deal except they got 3-4x more hp, leeroying into groups aren’t so worth anymore (but lol @ ele who already struggles on non-upscales)

dw, I already question why I take my ele into OW in the first place, so if you think it’s not hard enough, I’ll just stop running it at all :smile:

edit: retal is actually rare (but it exists somewhere) but also add in 0 telegraph whirlwind attack + turrets that hit harder than the mobs themselves

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@"zealex.9410" said:Why is everything so harmless and squishy in the new map? Everything just gets washed away by just a couple players it feels like.

They're harder than HoT mobs.In what way? I can't think of anything on that new map that hits like a mordrem sniper and at no moment did I feel like it was Central Camp in Verdant Brink at night time. Not even close.While I wouldn't say "harmless" I would certainly agree with @"zealex.9410" 's characterization of "squishy"

The Charr duelists can hit pretty hard, so does the Enginiers with their turrets + CC

@Felipe.1807 said:

The Charr duelists can hit pretty hard, so does the Enginiers with their turrets + CC

Indeed, they can have up to almost 3 k spammable auto attack, and the turret will hit you twice for some reason...

I don't know guys....

I've run through this map completing it and doing events on 6 different toons and builds at this point. I've made sure that I wasn't rolling with a zerg and was jumping into groups to really get a sense of the mobs and how hard they hit.Power Weaver, Power Spellbreaker, Condi Soulbeast, Power Renegade, Power Reaper, and WP's OW Power Tempest build all took a solid go at it.The only build that had even a little problem (and not much) was the Tempest build and I'm actually going to chalk that up to the fact I was running Assassin's gear rather than the Marauder Gear I usually favor on my Power Builds and the fact I was less familiar with the play style.The Renegade build I used is actually Commander's Armor and Diviner's weapons and trinkets.While I saw the occasional stun and a bit of Knockback during the events where the Char are using siege, there wasn't anything that required more than a single stunbreak on my bar or single application of Stability.

I'm just going to reiterate my original agreement with @zealex.9410 . The mobs feel undertuned to me.Anyone still struggling, feel free to send me a message in game and I would be glad to take a look at what you are running build/gear wise and see where the problem may be.

@mindcircus.1506 said:I don't know guys....

I've run through this map completing it and doing events on 6 different toons and builds at this point. I've made sure that I wasn't rolling with a zerg and was jumping into groups to really get a sense of the mobs and how hard they hit.Power Weaver, Power Spellbreaker, Condi Soulbeast, Power Renegade, Power Reaper, and WP's OW Power Tempest build all took a solid go at it.The only build that had even a little problem (and not much) was the Tempest build and I'm actually going to chalk that up to the fact I was running Assassin's gear rather than the Marauder Gear I usually favor on my Power Builds and the fact I was less familiar with the play style.The Renegade build I used is actually Commander's Armor and Diviner's weapons and trinkets.While I saw the occasional stun and a bit of Knockback during the events where the Char are using siege, there wasn't anything that required more than a single stunbreak on my bar or single application of Stability.

I'm just going to reiterate my original agreement with @zealex.9410 . The mobs feel undertuned to me.Anyone still struggling, feel free to send me a message in game and I would be glad to take a look at what you are running build/gear wise and see where the problem may be.

Solo they are no threat at all, there are less and they are of normal level. The problem starts with scaling if you have a large group of players with you. The mobs will go up to level 84 here, with enormous amount of health and pretty good damage that comes with it. You also have players not interested in the capture and go away when the structures and such are damaged or somewhere else there are bombers or balloons. afaik the mobs that spawned dont instantly scale back.. :/

@aspirine.6852 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:I don't know guys....

Solo they are no threat at all, there are less and they are of normal level. The problem starts with scaling if you have a large group of players with you. The mobs will go up to level 84 here, with enormous amount of health and pretty good damage that comes with it. You also have players not interested in the capture and go away when the structures and such are damaged or somewhere else there are bombers or balloons. afaik the mobs that spawned dont instantly scale back.. :/Ran into plenty of this. Still absolutely not a problem.This is straight up L2P.

No you havent. It takes forever to kill a lvl 84 elite with your spellbreaker :D Let alone condi soulbeast lol. Reaper is probably the most useful class in this situation.

Solo play they melt, zerg play they melt, when is the map properly balanced?