I just saw a new revolutionary zerg busting tactic

@"Junkpile.7439" said:Well at least good old days there were some competition and guilds didn't outnumber pugs like these days. B)

Yea, but fighting uplevel pugs in green gear in 14/14/14 trait spreads isn't too impressive either.

I was able to 1vX people as an uplevel thief; I'm pretty sure I can't do that anymore. If only if I had recorded it with some crappy music over it I would have enjoyed some fame.

However, I guess there is no reason to argue. We both agree that if anyone tells a non-Gw2 player "I'm in a top WvW guild and that means something!", they would most likely be laughed out of the room anyways. One would likely get more respect if they showed off their Pokemon collection.

espots

Sadly, ppl always want to tail the dragon these days, and thus cause a yolo clash of herds of sheep instead.

maybe there are more tips other than that. just scour the archives..

anyway, Sacrx.6721 of Red Guard and the first ever Ultimate Dominator in both of the server combined even commented on that thread, but not that srs. But it's notable coz Red Guard of EU server was the most epic then and top NA guilds back then was not even in their level, imho. They even transferred server at times to challenge and GvG the top NA guilds.

and just youtube their videos (i hope there's still some) and listen how he commanded, lelz.

They got polished up on tactics in beta and dominated before most people even finished leveling and gearing. They've been gone for 20x as long as they played... It's long since time to stop idolizing sacrx, he's using the same tactic right now to grab an early lead in Camelot Unchained but this time it's backfired lol.Tl;dr: sacrx is king of a game that will never launch.

compared to the most Ultimate Dominators now who got the title by going to Obsidian Sanctum, tagging hits vs the other server's blob and that blob mass suicided by jumping from high ground repeatedly and which that they obviously paid, Sacrx.6721 got his title legitly.

and y so bitter when i just stated the facts. you doing that is like you saying that the pioneers of the internet don't matter now.

lelz.

Having Ultimate Dominator is a mathematical eventuality.I downplay his method of playing games because it's idiotic. Red Guard played the game A LOT before it launched. When it was buggy, when it was terribly balanced, when it wasn't ready for consumption... Just to get a head start. So they got to be veterans in a land filled with newbies and impressed people like you. But they were also bored and quit before the game had been live for a year and basically missed
everything
.And for what? So the uninformed can toot their horns in a game they will never see again because they're off to get gud at the next half-made game.

yeah i give you that. Red Guard quit prematurely. But it's not undeniable when they were in the field, they were the best and thinking otherwise, again, is sign of bitterness.

they are not in the game anymore and you're still bitter? why?

Bitter is your word.

They won some early gvg's. They had a massive head start. They quit before the general population caught up.

Those are three facts I throw out as a public service when I see them brought up because there's still lots of players that treat them like legends. It's been seven years since they played, enough already. They'd be the noobs if they came back now.

Blah

Son, I was in Tempest Wolves (ranked #1na) at the time. I literally GvG'd Red Guard. I might be the only person on this board besides my wife who did.

I tell you how it was

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:whatever your stance is, RG did some things that few others pulled off. I don't care if they were uplevels, 20v80 is impressive.

See that's another thing entirely. The 5 player AoE cap was only for damage early on. If you stacked a bunch of healers in one spot they were unkillable. At the time few knew that, fewer still understood the full implications of what that did to gameplay. The people that did know it at barely 2 months into the game had been in the beta. RG was so early on that most people were still waiting to unlock their elite skill and dressed in blues and yellos

• Like 1

RG quitting on top is the equivalent of Megan Rapinoe beating on all the other elite women's soccer clubs that can't even afford to provide their teams with proper zapatas or a proper training facility. but hey, US womens team make dank vids.

Sadly, ppl always want to tail the dragon these days, and thus cause a yolo clash of herds of sheep instead.

anyway, Sacrx.6721 of Red Guard and the first ever Ultimate Dominator in both of the server combined even commented on that thread, but not that srs. But it's notable coz Red Guard of EU server was the most epic then and top NA guilds back then was not even in their level, imho. They even transferred server at times to challenge and GvG the top NA guilds.

and just youtube their videos (i hope there's still some) and listen how he commanded, lelz.

They got polished up on tactics in beta and dominated before most people even finished leveling and gearing. They've been gone for 20x as long as they played... It's long since time to stop idolizing sacrx, he's using the same tactic right now to grab an early lead in Camelot Unchained but this time it's backfired lol.Tl;dr: sacrx is king of a game that will never launch.

compared to the most Ultimate Dominators now who got the title by going to Obsidian Sanctum, tagging hits vs the other server's blob and that blob mass suicided by jumping from high ground repeatedly and which that they obviously paid, Sacrx.6721 got his title legitly.

and y so bitter when i just stated the facts. you doing that is like you saying that the pioneers of the internet don't matter now.

lelz.

Having Ultimate Dominator is a mathematical eventuality.I downplay his method of playing games because it's idiotic. Red Guard played the game A LOT before it launched. When it was buggy, when it was terribly balanced, when it wasn't ready for consumption... Just to get a head start. So they got to be veterans in a land filled with newbies and impressed people like you. But they were also bored and quit before the game had been live for a year and basically missed
everything
.And for what? So the uninformed can toot their horns in a game they will never see again because they're off to get gud at the next half-made game.

yeah i give you that. Red Guard quit prematurely. But it's not undeniable when they were in the field, they were the best and thinking otherwise, again, is sign of bitterness.

they are not in the game anymore and you're still bitter? why?

Bitter is your word.

They won some early gvg's. They had a massive head start. They quit before the general population caught up.

Those are three facts I throw out as a public service when I see them brought up because there's still lots of players that treat them like legends. It's been seven years since they played, enough already. They'd be the noobs if they came back now.

Blah

Son, I was in Tempest Wolves (ranked #1na) at the time. I literally GvG'd Red Guard. I might be the only person on this board besides my wife who did.

I
tell
you
how it was

i watched the Video made when Sacrx became the first Ever Ultimate Dominator and the notable NA guild can be said that played during the time when RG played is War Machine WvW team. WM got bored went to the Lowest ranked server, Kaineng and fucking carry tanked that server to the top so fast. they wanted to be the 1st place but they just got 2nd-3rd i think and they decided to transfer to Blackgate after that feat.

but sorry, never heard of Tempest Wolves being bad ass in group fighting.

the NA guilds that were epic when the 2nd wave of EU great was Team Aggression is Aggression, Night Shift and Everything Purple.

so ye.

@LetoII.3782 said:

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:whatever your stance is, RG did some things that few others pulled off. I don't care if they were uplevels, 20v80 is impressive.

See that's another thing entirely. The 5 player AoE cap was
only
for damage early on. If you stacked a bunch of healers in one spot they were unkillable. At the time few knew that, fewer still understood the full implications of what that did to gameplay. The people that did know it at barely 2 months into the game had been in the beta. RG was so early on that most people were still waiting to unlock their elite skill and dressed in blues and yellos

unlock their and dressed in blues and yellos? have you even heard of maturity? or fast learning? or just being epic?

you are using your lack of experience to fucking say that, "RG went to WvW from day one and i was still grinding pve so they still suck"? do you mean that RG were all alone during the first day of Release in WvWvW maps and everyone is PvEing? i trust the videos that i watched when all the WvWvW pwning and GvGing were Youtube Televised.

and how did Even Sacrx become Ultimate Dominator? i heard you have to pwn players to get that.

and was he even Diamond Legend when he did that? did that title exist before even? if yes, it exists and he is not that when he got Ultimate Dominator, how?

lelz.

War Machine was a Korean guild and they most definitely didn't bring kaining to t1. That's a downright silly claim. They transfered there to protest WvW only having 2 maps. I remember Jang Gun making that post well.

And not knowing who TW was, then, kinda proves my point. You weren't there. They transfered to NA to fight us.

Are you doing this intentionally xD

@LetoII.3782 said:War Machine was a Korean guild and they most definitely didn't bring kaining to t1. That's a downright silly claim. They transfered there to protest WvW only having 2 maps. I remember Jang Gun making that post well.

And not knowing who TW was, then, kinda proves my point. You weren't there. They transfered to NA to fight us.

Are you doing this intentionally xD

Never heard of any Tempest Wolves in GW1. I came from GW1 so i trailed who came from there. The Guilds that i mentioned are either from GW1 or who’s the hype in game during those early times. Maybe i saw your guild in some of the gvg vids that i saw but it was not poignant in my memory. Well actually i saw tempest wolves play in tarnished coast and hang out in their zerg when kazo pulled me there and that’s like a year or 2 ago.

About war machine, theyre from gw1 and they were big there but trailing 2nd from the last pride. Yeah, maybe youre right. But definately they got to tier two, from tier7 or 6 or 8? I forgot.

AndDon’t tell me youre indo? Lelz.

No, Indo got banned from the forums in the first month of the game and ever since lol. I came over from Warhammer Online with him, stayed through the hardcore scene at the start, then decided playing in a big clump like RG (and most everyone else after they figured it out) might be most powerful, but wasn't especially fun.

Yes, Kaineng was bottom rank, but I think climbing annoyed Jang.. They went there to disrupt the ppt competition. But, as transfers were free and NA figured out very early that off hours play > primetime lots of people followed. Victim of his own success.

You never heard of TW on eu because we focused on the ppt game early. I'm not even sure how we ended up on top of the power rankings other than being the strongest map holders in t1 and people still cared about that, then. When GvG started taking off the guild schismed, the constituents were never as strong, Indo kept the ppt players.

@LetoII.3782 said:

@HAsAsIN.6724 said:looks like something similar from one type here..

^^ love the amoeba deflection :3

I wasn't even aware CU was even playable lol.Last I heard they were still having major server issues and the game itself was in development hell.

@DeceiverX.8361 said:

@HAsAsIN.6724 said:looks like something similar from one type here..

^^ love the amoeba deflection :3

I wasn't even aware CU was even playable lol.Last I heard they were still having major server issues and the game itself was in development hell.Was watching a video on it the other day, apparently the server is now so stable it can be up for several days! Promising MMO.

@"HAsAsIN.6724" said:looks like something similar from one type here..

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Ian-Boyd-on-WvWvWing-in-Guild-Wars-2/page/1#post1963445

anyway,

Guild Wars release date: August 28, 2012The linked post date posted: May 4, 2013

~ 9 months differential..

and how many years since 2013 up to now?

~ 7 years

And we still see group formation now that was last seen in 2012.

And that is b-b-b-b-balling..

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:the OP show how small the understanding of this format is. if this works, it's only bc ppl are literally blind and/or it lags so much that u won't possible hit the cleanse button.

So, basically 90% of all public squads? :#

On a more serious note:

• Entangle is not a pure immobilization effect. It's actual vines which need to get destroyed. Cleanse won't help (but minor damage will).
  • if a squad moves forward, a big amount of the damage from the backlines will also be used on the main enemy blob, while melees and melee support will engage, reducing amount of cleanse for anyone not in range (for example, backline players who just got entangled)
  • with 5 burn guards stacking burn, your time to react until first tick, and that first tick will almost guaranteed immediately down you, is around 1 second at best. Latest by the 2nd tick you will be downed no matter on which class unless you provide yourself resistance

The obvious counter to:

• cleanse
  • remove vines which immobilize to get out of burn fields
  • pressure enemy in backline

Is not as easy as it might seem on first glance, given the fight going on. Especially if this coordinated and the squad is distracted by the remaining enemy squad.

want to bust a zerg? when both face off, and your nearing a push, have someone teleport into their mid/back line with traps, blocks, invuln, ccthey'll all turn to chase 1 harmless troll, and your zerg runs them over as they've lost coordination, focus, and cooldowns

@anduriell.6280 said:

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:It was a group of around 10.They used mostly Immob Rangers + Burn Guards.

They hid among their own mega blob first.And when both sides started to engaged, they went group invis and attacked the enemy blob's rear.Rangers dropped their immobs and Guards dropped their burning swords.It was so effective at trapping large groups of pugs on a mega blob's tail.And they repeatedly did it chunking down a mega blob section by section.

Very impressed.I didn't see the guild tag clearly because of all the lag/blobs but I think it might have been Eins or Brrr.

I am not impressed: Entangle has a CD of 60s(45s traited). That's too long to be able to be effective even in the case those targets do have any cleanse left.Even using Druid with LB#5 + Lunar impact (for ancient seeds) is not very effective in a world were Scourges/Tempests clean conditions by the hundreds.

Well, Druid using Primal Echoes with a Sigil of Hydromancy on the Staff can put Ancient seeds on 5 people at once, run Staff/Staff and you can do that every 10s and you have the chill cover.