Story prediction

Zoid.2568

I think that Jormag and Bangar will win the coming war and overtake Tyria. We will escape and seek shelter within the Tengu walls and the Tengu will become our new allies, then we finally can escape to Cantha, gain their trust and they will aid us in taking Tyria back from Jormag and Bangar.

What do you think about my prediction?

@Mortifera.6138 said:How would they win when we have an immortal elder dragon with the energy of a god on our side?

We don't know their power and the size of their army and they probably have an ace up their sleeve as well. The story would be boring if we just win all the time, there has to be a pushback and an enemy greater than we can handle at some point. Perhaps Grenth is an accomplice of theirs and Grenth is the mastermind behind all the destruction? Just a thought.

I hope your right. Better then a predictable we will put Jormag down at the end of the season. A tactical retreat to make a comeback later. Don't see a full takeover of all tyria, but a certain occupation in Charr and Norn territory would be a interesting plot. They could use the current event system they used in the past, regretably this hasnt happened at all after 3 episodes (4 when counting the prologue). We are still fighting Joko forces in core maps, for no reason anymore.

@particlepinata.9865 said:I hope your right. Better then a predictable we will put Jormag down at the end of the season. A tactical retreat to make a comeback later. Don't see a full takeover of all tyria, but a certain occupation in Charr and Norn territory would be a interesting plot. They could use the current event system they used in the past, regretably this hasnt happened at all after 3 episodes (4 when counting the prologue). We are still fighting Joko forces in core maps, for no reason anymore.

Yes exactly, the story needs something like this and it makes alot of sense.

I don't think we'll fight Jormag at the end of IBS.

My pure BS story of how it will go:

We'll fight Bangar, win, Jormag will be like "Well, that plan didn't work, guess I'll head back north again and chill a bit".

Meanwhile we try but can't follow, because the Ice / Corruption is too strong there, so we'll need to find a way to use Jormags weakness against him.

While we were fighting Bangar and his Icy bois, Primordus moved from Ring of Fire towards Cantha (Just like he did from Frostgorge to Draconis Mons), because the thawing Jade Sea is slowly but surely releasing magic and Primordus wants a piece of that.We find out that the Deep Sea Dragon is currently also close to that location and to our surprise he isn't actually evil. He's trying to hold his minions (which are evil because they succumbed to magic-overdose torment like Kralk) back from the surface, the minions that scared off Largos, Quaggans, Krait etc. back in the past.

We help DSD with some of his minions, with the power of Aquadragon we're able to somehow beat Primordus or lay him dormant in an aqua prison that continually puts him to sleep with DSD as his jailor.

In the fight with Primordus Aurene ate away some of his magic fire essence and became a living "Taimi's modified Omadd's Machine 2.0", so that we can finally start up the fight against Jormag again.

@"Raknar.4735" said:I don't think we'll fight Jormag at the end of IBS.

We'll fight Bangar, win, Jormag will be like "Well, that plan didn't work, guess I'll head back north again and chill a bit".

Meanwhile we try but can't follow, because the Ice / Corruption is too strong there, so we'll need to find a way to use Jormags weakness against him.

While we were fighting Bangar and his Icy bois, Primordus moved from Ring of Fire towards Cantha (Just like he did from Frostgorge to Draconis Mons), because the thawing Jade Sea is slowly but surely releasing magic and Primordus wants a piece of that.We find out that the Deep Sea Dragon is currently also close to that location and to our surprise he isn't actually evil. He's trying to hold his minions (which are evil because they succumbed to magic-overdose torment like Kralk) back from the surface, the minions that scared off Largos, Quaggans, Krait etc. back in the past.

We help DSD with some of his minions, with the power of Aquadragon we're able to somehow beat Primordus or lay him dormant in an aqua prison that continually puts him to sleep with DSD as his jailor.

In the fight with Primordus Aurene ate away some of his magic fire essence and became a living "Taimi's modified Omadd's Machine 2.0", so that we can finally start up the fight against Jormag again.

That sounds like a really boring story, at least to me and other mature people. Though I think that story would work for children.

@Zoid.2568 said:

@"Raknar.4735" said:I don't think we'll fight Jormag at the end of IBS.

That sounds like a really boring story, at least to me and other mature people. Though I think that story would work for children.

Well, it‘s a prediction of how the story will go, not how I want it to go.

I do however fail to see how losing to Bangar and Jormag, them taking over Tyria, and then regrouping in Cantha together with the Tengu just to fight Bangar again is more mature and less boring. It’s just Kralk 2.0 / another Claw Island- losing the first battle just to win the next one. There are plenty of children stories that go like your prediction, ATLA comes to mind, just replace the Fire Nation with the Frost Legion (Even though ATLA would count as a children‘s story, it is still very good!).

Also, aside from seeking shelter there‘s no reason to go to Cantha in your prediction. There shouldn‘t be a lot of Tengu left there, since the Canthans became extremely xenophobic, canceled the Tengu treaties and drove many species out of Cantha. So why seek shelter in Cantha then, if we could flee to any other landmass to seek aid, especially since our forces aren‘t humans for the most part and therefore not welcome?

I agree with the idea we will defeat Bangar but not Jormag. Jormag will stay in the shadows, continue whispering but not a direct fight. More of an uneasy truce.

We will end up with Rytlock in charge of Blood Legion. He will stay with his people.

Braham will grow up, become a Wolf Shaman and stay with his people.

@Perihen the Thawk.9527 said:

@"Mortifera.6138" said:How would they win when we have an immortal elder dragon with the energy of a god on our side?

How would
we
win when we can't kill Jormag without destroying the world?

That juicy LORE people forgot about. ;) We can't kill Jormag, Primordus or Bubbles without Aurene being present to absorb, balance and relay it.

We could also kill Jormag (Aurene handles the energy part) and then the "mother" and other forces at play they have hinted at descend on Tyria whatever those things are.

hard to believe we would lose and they would actually take ocer Tyria, how would that even work? most maps wouldn't make sense anymore, even if it is frozen in time.also we just lost to Kralk a few months ago. i doubt they'll use that story again so soon.

@SlitheSlivier.1908 said:What about Ryland? Think he will die? That's the real question!

If I was a gambling man, I'd bet on Icebrood ending with Rytlock becoming the new Blood Imperator, and thus having to settle down behind a desk, and Ryland deciding to join up with us as penance for everything he did under Bangar, and taking Rytlock's place in the adventuring party.

@HotDelirium.7984 said:

@"Mortifera.6138" said:How would they win when we have an immortal elder dragon with the energy of a god on our side?

How would
we

That juicy LORE people forgot about. ;) We can't kill Jormag, Primordus or Bubbles without Aurene being present to absorb, balance and relay it.

We could also kill Jormag (Aurene handles the energy part) and then the "mother" and other forces at play they have hinted at descend on Tyria whatever those things are.

As far as we know, Aurene can't do the work of multiple dragons. No one has claimed such. She is a suitable (and stable) replacement for Kralkatorric, but that is as far as we can rely on her.

@PseudoNewb.5468 said:

How would
we

As far as we know, Aurene can't do the work of multiple dragons. No one has claimed such. She is a suitable (and stable) replacement for Kralkatorric, but that is as far as we can rely on her.

I am sure they will address that in future releases because its not clear if Aurene is the one solution. Glint's plan has suggested that this might be the case because if we can't kill any more elder dragons how do then plot-wise deal with the others? Enslave/Diminish/Knock out etc?