what is the best WvW dps in game for zerging these days ?

Taobella.6597

Glass Staff Weaver

! For pure DPS in a variety of situations, use glass staff weaver. Don't tank up with marauders, go full zerk and be smart about how you position yourself, heal when you nearly die to retaliation which will happen a lot, use dodges/lightning flash/burning retreat effectively. If you do this, the 13k healpool is really not so bad, and the damage is near-unbeatable (occasionally a power DPS scrapper may win in melee fights).!! I don't want to type this preemptive rebuttal but since it's usually inevitable in these threads: people will argue that other dps classes are objectively better for the utility they provide, or cleanses/boonstrips/boons etc, this is a valid argument but it misses the point. When you go for pure DPS your goal is to accumulate downs and break high-sustain groups down enough that downs CAN be generated by you and/or other people, where-as with 80% of the dps and some boons/cleanse/strip etc, sure you're doing multiple jobs but the enemy is not dying because their raw sustain is simply too high if they're comped right. Plus, weaver has plenty of CCs and I use them all the time in my rotations. You can even get a couple cleanses in if you have time for it, WHILE doing #1 dps in squad.

You can use marauder gear if you don't need to be top damage and just want to survive more often.

Build:http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAYZlFw8YUsI2JOcLbvNA-zVRYBRV5tYoQFSTFRghQFZitXgA2AvFrOjA-w

Start at 9:37 for gameplay

@"SoulSlavocracy.4902" said:Glass Staff Weaver

! For pure DPS in a variety of situations, use glass staff weaver. Don't tank up with marauders, go full zerk and be smart about how you position yourself, heal when you nearly die to retaliation which will happen a lot, use dodges/lightning flash/burning retreat effectively. If you do this, the 13k healpool is really not so bad, and the damage is near-unbeatable (occasionally a power DPS scrapper may win in melee fights).!! I don't want to type this preemptive rebuttal but since it's usually inevitable in these threads: people will argue that other dps classes are objectively better for the utility they provide, or cleanses/boonstrips/boons etc, this is a valid argument but it misses the point. When you go for pure DPS your goal is to accumulate downs and break high-sustain groups down enough that downs CAN be generated by you and/or other people, where-as with 80% of the dps and some boons/cleanse/strip etc, sure you're doing multiple jobs but the enemy is not dying because their raw sustain is simply too high if they're comped right. Plus, weaver has plenty of CCs and I use them all the time in my rotations. You can even get a couple cleanses in if you have time for it, WHILE doing #1 dps in squad.

You can use marauder gear if you don't need to be top damage and just want to survive more often.

Build:

Start at 9:37 for gameplay

It seems great risk come with great rewards Weaver is a rare sight on the battlefield since this cursed meta , most play Scourge/reap or Burnguard or even Rev to get near same efficiency but with far greater survival and group assistance skills... i do miss my elementalist and hated weaver brain wrecking rotations and gameplay... I always said Weaver is the probably hardest class in WvW zerg to play( and staying alive) and the 1% of the elite weaver players are the most dangerous by far . You nearly made me go back to weaver with that Vid :P. Looks very very tasty.

@Taobella.6597 said:i just curious if it was not ele Lol

Weaver is kinda fallen out of the meta atm, good weavers can still do a shit ton of damage, but rev is current meta for gvg and zerging. Burn guard is still where it's always been, has good dmg, but not enough burst to really count for anything against groups with some semblance of good support. You can make the argument that a burn guard will get top dmg and a couple can be useful in a zerg for constant pressure (same argument can be made with immob SB, a couple are good, but they're not meta in the sense you can stack them like Heralds or Scourges), but when push comes to shove, you'll never produce enough burst unless fighting a bad group.

@V Winter.5371 said:

Weaver is kinda fallen out of the meta atm, good weavers can still do a kitten ton of damage, but rev is current meta for gvg and zerging. Burn guard is still where it's always been, has good dmg, but not enough
burst
to really count for anything against groups with some semblance of good support. You can make the argument that a burn guard will get top dmg and a couple
can
be useful in a zerg for constant pressure (same argument can be made with immob SB, a couple are good, but they're not meta in the sense you can stack them like Heralds or Scourges), but when push comes to shove, you'll never produce enough burst unless fighting a bad group.

For Rev ? what weapons are they running just curious if you have a build to link or a video i would love to see it :).

@Taobella.6597 said:

Weaver is kinda fallen out of the meta atm, good weavers can still do a kitten ton of damage, but rev is current meta for gvg and zerging. Burn guard is still where it's always been, has good dmg, but not enough
burst
to really count for anything against groups with some semblance of good support. You can make the argument that a burn guard will get top dmg and a couple
can
be useful in a zerg for constant pressure (same argument can be made with immob SB, a couple are good, but they're not meta in the sense you can stack them like Heralds or Scourges), but when push comes to shove, you'll never produce enough burst unless fighting a bad group.

For Rev ? what weapons are they running just curious if you have a build to link or a video i would love to see it :).

https://www.vabbi.eu/builds/revenant.html