Luccia

Corraidhin.3986

I was exploring the new map yesterday and having a really good time on a very active event loop and meta. Learning what the events were and what order people took these events in. When the post-meta(after the tank fight near Wolf Crossing) happened I noticed we were fighting some sort of gatekeepers for caches of loot. Then, out of the corner of my eye I catch a glimpse of a name and face I recognised. I have not done the best job at keeping up with the story, but for some unexplainable reason (there may be no reason as far as I know) one of my very warband members was now an enemy, and a member of the dominion guarding said loot caches.

I know it's silly to get attached to characters in stories, but when one of them has a story in which you have helped them back on their feet and gave them a place. Suddenly being forced to be enemies and kill them for no reason or rhyme was just flabergasting. I have always felt the names of bosses and champions (that were named of course) were just random npcs designed for their very specific purpose. So I really want to know why Luccia? why the one you recruit from the brink of being forgotten and left as a scrapper? She was an inventor with a backstory interesting enough to be revisited at a later point. That never happened. Now she is just a mindless champ to be fought over and over in every cycle of the new meta.

I just wanted to vent my frustration without spamming mapchat or anything of the sort. Just want to say I really hate that meta now. You can keep the loot.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Um...we fight our 'friends' from the last episode throughout the Episode.

If you watch the latest Guild Chat, it's explained...and very intentionally reactionary.

OP is talking about a npc you recruit in charr personal story level 1-30.

I'm aware of that. Does it make a difference where in a story the 'friend' comes from?

The point the Devs make is that we are now fighting our friends in this civil war.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Um...we fight our 'friends' from the last episode throughout the Episode.

If you watch the latest Guild Chat, it's explained...and very intentionally reactionary.

OP is talking about a npc you recruit in charr personal story level 1-30.

I'm aware of that. Does it make a difference where in a story the 'friend' comes from?

The point is the Devs make is that we are now fighting our friends in this civil war.

Yeah that's the point in general, civil wars are especially horrible because it's brother against brother and friend against friend.

If you’re feeling something then the writers are doing a good job. That feeling can be positive or negative.

It’s war and a civil war at that. People grow, change, have their own world view. Bangar is wrong but is every single Charr that joins the Dominion wrong?

We see in Forging Steel how the Steel warband thinks and feels. Some have their doubts, others see no issue. If they are acting and thinking like real people we will have an emotional response because we can relate and connect. It doesn’t matter they are giant bipedal felines. They act and feel like we do.

@"rrusse.7058" said:If you’re feeling something then the writers are doing a good job. That feeling can be positive or negative.Are you saying that the upset people felt at the end of Game of Thrones means that the writers did a good job? That the original endings of Mass Effect 3 were well written?

Getting a reaction isn't good if the reaction is due to how badly something is written. I think this is one of those times.

If I play the story on most of my characters, they don't know the NPC and it doesn't matter who they are. But if I'm playing on a charr? One of them matters a LOT, and ... it's wrong.

How is it wrong? It tells us that the Commander, once the leader of that warband and close friend to all of the members ... never went back. Never visited them again, never told them about Aurene, never told them of all the stuff they've been through. Because that's the ONLY WAY that they could believe that Bangar's right, and that Aurene is a weapon we command. We just turned our back on them and never looked back.

It's even worse if you're Blood Legion. The NPC there was someone that saw her warband sell out to Flame for the promise of power, and Bangar's basically doing Flame Legion v2.0, just replace "Titans" with "Jormag".

I like the idea of using some NPCs that mean something to us, I really do. But not when it tells us that our Commander (if charr) abandoned their friends once they had something else to focus on. I'm currently suffering from GW2 burnout and I keep reading the threads in the hopes of finding something to respark my interest in playing again, but this? This makes me feel less connected to my characters, because the Commander that would do this, and the charr I was playing are clearly not the same person.