Portal !!

Don Vega Van Kain.9842

Yes. Well Thief portal just got nerfed in PvP, but in WvW it is vastly superior to Mesmer portal, except when you want to port a whole zerg, at which point you need several people with portal anyway. Preparation lasts 60 seconds and the cool down starts when you activate the first portal unlike Mesmer portal, and it grants stealth. Mesmer portal can port more people and goes both ways, but those advantages are very situational.

Yea sadly really no joke or rant. Mesmer no longer any role or niche. Anything that started out as a Mesmer thing can be done better by other classes that also have better DPS and utility in general. I'm talking about Quickness, Slow, Portal, Alacrity, Moa, and even CC, specifically.

@Moradorin.6217 said:Yea sadly really no joke or rant. Mesmer no longer any role or niche. Anything that started out as a Mesmer thing can be done better by other classes that also have better DPS and utility in general. I'm talking about Quickness, Slow, Portal, Alacrity, Moa, and even CC, specifically.

Pretty much this.They take away all mesmers things to other class.They even give better boonclear to SB and nec.While other class didn't have crapping IA to rely on or that much bugged skills (mean I didn't even count the amount of time Illusionary Leap or Mirage Thrust are wasted because of crapping bug. Imagine a rev with deathstrike or a gard with symbol of blades who fail every 3 uses because the opponent is ... moving....).

More or less.

Mesmer is a class of double standards. Anything good and effective mesmer can’t have because “illusions”, and illusions in and of itself is a double standard to other (better) defensive mechanics, and stream lined/strait forward (better) effective damage methods.

@viquing.8254 said:

@Moradorin.6217 said:Yea sadly really no joke or rant. Mesmer no longer any role or niche. Anything that started out as a Mesmer thing can be done better by other classes that also have better DPS and utility in general. I'm talking about Quickness, Slow, Portal, Alacrity, Moa, and even CC, specifically.

Pretty much this.They take away all mesmers things to other class.They even give better boonclear to SB and nec.While other class didn't have crapping IA to rely on or that much bugged skills (mean I didn't even count the amount of time Illusionary Leap or Mirage Thrust are wasted because of crapping bug. Imagine a rev with deathstrike or a gard with symbol of blades who fail every 3 uses because the opponent is ... moving....).

they don't even have to be moving, mirage thrust even fails on hotm golems sometimes ;(