Simple DPS Metre

@Fueki.4753 said:

@TPMN.1483 said:If a group DPS is low - how do you fix it?Even if the DPS is low, yet the group still manages the content and is enjoying said content, does something need to be fixed?I don't think so.

If your dps is low and the group succeeded it means you were carried by other players of the party/squad that did the necessary damage to succeed. Eventually, you will be in a group with players that can achieve the same numbers as you and the content will fail miserably meaning no enjoyment for everyone. So there is something that needs to be fixed if your dps is horrible, you can't really rely on others all time, your luck might run out.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@TPMN.1483 said:If a group DPS is low - how do you fix it?Even if the DPS is low, yet the group still manages the content and is enjoying said content, does something need to be fixed?I don't think so.

If your dps is low and the group succeeded it means you were carried by other players of the party/squad that did the necessary damage to succeed. Eventually, you will be in a group with players that can achieve the same numbers as you and the content will fail miserably meaning no enjoyment for everyone. So there is something that needs to be fixed if your dps is horrible, you can't really rely on others all time, your luck might run out.

TPMN.1483 referred to low group DPS.That implies everyone did low DPS and noone carried anyone else.

@Fueki.4753 said:That implies everyone did low DPS and noone carried anyone else.

That's not how averaging works. If the group as a whole did low DPS it might well mean 5 players did very little DPS and the other 5 did good/above average DPS. Or 8 players did no DPS at all and 2 players did amazing DPS and carried them. How do you conclude from the group as a whole doing low DPS, that everyone in the group did low DPS? And my point still stands in that situation, even if the group succeeded in THAT run, that doesn't mean the same player will succeed on all their future groups. It will depend if they were the ones that did the carrying or the ones that got carried.

Edit: the question then becomes: if next time my group consists of myself and 4 of my clones (party) or 9 of my clones (squad) would the content succeed? If the answer is yes then there is no issue whatsoever. If the answer is no, then depending on how bad it was, there might be a problem. Ignorance is bliss and all that.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:That implies everyone did low DPS and noone carried anyone else.

That's not how averaging works. If the group as a whole did low DPS it might well mean 5 players did very little DPS and the other 5 did good/above average DPS. Or 8 players did no DPS at all and 2 players did amazing DPS and carried them. How do you conclude from the group as a whole doing low DPS, that everyone in the group did low DPS? And my point still stands in that situation, even if the group succeeded in THAT run, that doesn't mean the same player will succeed on all their future groups. It will depend if they were the ones that did the carrying or the ones that got carried.

Edit: the question then becomes: if next time my group consists of myself and 4 of my clones (party) or 9 of my clones (squad) would the content succeed? If the answer is yes then there is no issue whatsoever. If the answer is no, then depending on how bad it was, there might be a problem. Ignorance is bliss and all that.

This is the correct way to gauge if someone was carried. This also extends beyond dps and can applied to mechanics as well. If everyone got teleported by vg blues the same number of times I did, would I still clear the boss? Chances are if you were kicked the answer is no.

@Fueki.4753 said:

TPMN.1483 referred to low
group
DPS.That implies everyone did low DPS and noone carried anyone else.

Unlikely there will be any conflict for a success. If there's one, I can only think of there's a conflict of interest/expectations (the group failed to achieve certain criteria. Eg. Gold/Silver/Bronze which usually doesn't matter/maybe certain events to nit-pick).

This also extends beyond dps and can applied to mechanics as well. If everyone got teleported by vg blues

Take this example. If the group succeeded, unlikely there will be any conflict or the group doesn't mind going with it. Teleport can be seen visually, DPS will be reflected as a result together with the number of times teleported. If teleport is the problem, try to minimize, keep it low (or better; not repeat it) and things will turn out fine.