Game Crash & Disconnection Issues [merged]

For a while now I've been getting constant disconnects and they always show the same error code (when one is shown). At first I thought it was just the game but when I looked around the old forums it was listed as being a packet loss error. Sometimes, not all or even half, I am sometimes (not every time) getting kicked from TS3/Vent/Discord when I have them running. Since I was getting these disconnects from TS3/Vent/Discord simultaneously I contacted my ISP and they installed a signal boost on my line. That helped for a little bit but now the occurrence of the error is more frequent but the disconnect from VOIP are not as often as it was. Anyone have any ideas for a fix to this issue?

Things I've noticed with this error:

1) A lot of the time it happens when I'm using teleport abilities in game such as blink or shadow step.2) While they do happen in combat, I also will get disconnected while standing still in a guild hall or other location, including home instance with no one else in the instance or in my party3) A number of times I've gotten disconnected after harvesting a node in a home instance or guild hall. I harvest the node but the items are not put in my inventory. I am given a "search" prompt and cannot pick up the items and shortly disconnect. Tool charges (when using non-infinite tools) is marked off.

I have done the following steps so far:

1) As I said, I have contacted my ISP and after some investigation they put a booster on my line. I have cable internet.

2) I ran a repair on the game client.

Any help ill be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Bunter.3795 said:Thanks for the comment, I'll try the suggestion though this does happen on all four of my accounts. Two of my accounts have dramatically shorter friends lists than the others.

ok, my suggestion come from my experience, my account is from 2012 and the lists has grown with the years; I tried everything even the reinstallation of the game and the OS; in my case I went straight to empty completely the blocklist( yeah kinda sux I know), and the friendlist is now very minimal( the scroll doesn't appear, before it was like a guild roster).

I had constantly disconnections with code 7, and whle playing I had some very unwanted lag spikes; after the optimization I did as explained, its being a week now without a single lag spike and a single disconnection. (I know my ISP is not acting very good, packetloss, but its the sum of all things and something related to the latest patch that pushed to the edge and the problem appears, ofc in my case)

@Mocambo.8462 said:

ok, my suggestion come from my experience, my account is from 2012 and the lists has grown with the years; I tried everything even the reinstallation of the game and the OS; in my case I went straight to empty completely the blocklist( yeah kinda sux I know), and the friendlist is now very minimal( the scroll doesn't appear, before it was like a guild roster).

I had constantly disconnections with code 7, and whle playing I had some very unwanted lag spikes; after the optimization I did as explained, its being a week now without a single lag spike and a single disconnection. (I know my ISP is not acting very good, packetloss, but its the sum of all things and something related to the latest patch that pushed to the edge and the problem appears, ofc in my case)

I tried your suggestion and completely emptied my block list on one of my accounts and brought my friends list down to just 8 listings. I still got disconnects with the same error code on that account. Thanks for trying.

@Bunter.3795 said:

@Mocambo.8462 said:

I tried your suggestion and completely emptied my block list on one of my accounts and brought my friends list down to just 8 listings. I still got disconnects with the same error code on that account. Thanks for trying.

I would also check the current power scheme used in windows, should be on performace, if its not a clean installation of windows the scheme could be corrupted but there is a restore to default button. (the scheme in use after the update to windows creator update was causing DPC latency, you could recognize the problem while watching a movie in streaming and the video will be desyncronized from the audio)

I had also the audio configuration(the GW2 audio panel) tuned to have the miniminal stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had it twice in the last few hours.. seems to run fine for a few days then boom.

I have been having some weird pings in game, yet nothing outside of it.. when I say weird I mean jumping from like 40ms upto 12kms without a disconnects, then suddenly ping and average zip to 0ms and a few seconds later client connection issue hits back.When it happens logging back in becomes tedious to say the least.. horrendous delays with login server, but once again nothing outside of game is affected, nada.

I've been having this issue recently, nothing I tried has seemed to help. I'm in contact with support to hopefully figure something out. The lag is so bad I can't even play for more than a few minutes before getting frustrated at waiting 10 seconds for an action to take place. Any difficult combat is out of the question as well.

I have been having this problem off and on since the launch of PoF. I reduced my settings to Low and that did improve things a bit. I have no other connection difficulties with other programs. The situation got worse once Halloween launched. Today has been especially bad when trying to get into harvest guild halls in both HoT and PoF instances.