Can I run gw2 on a virtual machine in 2020?.

I want play on windows on a virtual machine made in linux and not specifically on linux.I think there could be a problem because I heard that cheaters use this method.But I just want play in a secure way on a virtual machine.So I thought it could be a problem.

I hear that if you give your virtual driver full control over the graphics card, virtual emulators will manage to give you 99%+ of Windows's performance.

however, as far as I know, this means 1. You need a second card in your setup, and 2. You cannot change the setting without a reboot. So you'd be reserving the strong video card for your virtual environment and nothing else (if one is going to reboot to toggle said use of the card, then may as well just install windows in a separate partition).

As for how safe it is... I play GW2 in Linux + wine since years ago and I've been fine so far. I have no idea if others have had issues using virtualization instead (since nowadays, a well patched wine gives GW2 performance comparable to native, I wonder if anybody would go the virtualization path instead).