What do you think about implementing PvP gear system into WvW rather than PvE gear system we have?

Ahnlok.3897

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:That would terminate my game play in an instant. No ifs ands or buts...

Just curious, why? Why would this change stop you from playing the game?

The idea wouldn't impact me personally so I don't exactly care that much either way, but it just seems that it gives an unnecessary edge to long-term players over anyone new trying to get into the game or mode itself.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:That would terminate my game play in an instant. No ifs ands or buts...

Just curious, why? Why would this change stop you from playing the game?

The idea wouldn't impact me personally so I don't exactly care that much either way, but it just seems that it gives an unnecessary edge to long-term players over anyone new trying to get into the game or mode itself.

I have 3 sets of gear/builds, for example, for one of my classes. I switch sets depending on what's happening in wvw at the time. I also tweak specializations and so on... If it was "one amulet to control them all" type of situation it would completely stop my type of game play. I do NOT play spvp... I don't like the amulet setup and don't like that game mode. WvW might be a type of pvp but it's nowhere near the same.

Gearing is already insanely accessible and customizable besides some anomalies like TB/minstrel but they have their budget counterparts that aren't even necessarily worse. Ascended Armor is the only part that is problematic, but it's also the least relevant when it comes to stats. Stat selectable trinkets are everywhere.

They've already done something similar by scaling everything down anyways and some people are already unhappy.

There are many people out there such as myself who ONLY play WvW as their main mode, who "might" pve here and there just to do a meta for a chance of an infusion or who do it for legendaries, but they mainly only stick to WvW, so.... Causing WvW to have the same combat system as PvP meaning selected amulet stats which are pre-made, and only certain runes and sigils would more less kill the game mode. I would 100% quit the game since all I do is WvW and I know many others who would quit as well. People get gear for pve reasons and even WvW reasons so you're basically saying all the time we took out to get our gear, to come up with stat mixtures for our builds would be completely taken away from us after all the work we put in. People who love the PvP stat system, that's great ! But... just stick to PvP, don't try to combine the different modes to be the same as one another.

@"TaraAshlynn.9746" said:There are many people out there such as myself who ONLY play WvW as their main mode, who "might" pve here and there just to do a meta for a chance of an infusion or who do it for legendaries, but they mainly only stick to WvW, so.... Causing WvW to have the same combat system as PvP meaning selected amulet stats which are pre-made, and only certain runes and sigils would more less kill the game mode. I would 100% quit the game since all I do is WvW and I know many others who would quit as well. People get gear for pve reasons and even WvW reasons so you're basically saying all the time we took out to get our gear, to come up with stat mixtures for our builds would be completely taken away from us after all the work we put in. People who love the PvP stat system, that's great ! But... just stick to PvP, don't try to combine the different modes to be the same as one another.

Correction: It would not be taken away from you, as the amulet system would add these stat combinations in there for you. What it would 'take away' is your advantage of people who refuse to pve to get those scrub stats.

@mulzi.8273 said:

@"TaraAshlynn.9746" said:There are many people out there such as myself who ONLY play WvW as their main mode, who "might" pve here and there just to do a meta for a chance of an infusion or who do it for legendaries, but they mainly only stick to WvW, so.... Causing WvW to have the same combat system as PvP meaning selected amulet stats which are pre-made, and only certain runes and sigils would more less kill the game mode. I would 100% quit the game since all I do is WvW and I know many others who would quit as well. People get gear for pve reasons and even WvW reasons so you're basically saying all the time we took out to get our gear, to come up with stat mixtures for our builds would be completely taken away from us after all the work we put in. People who love the PvP stat system, that's great ! But... just stick to PvP, don't try to combine the different modes to be the same as one another.

Correction: It would not be taken away from you, as the amulet system would add these stat combinations in there for you. What it would 'take away' is your advantage of people who refuse to pve to get those scrub stats.

Amulets cant combine grieving with trailblazer with cele, so of cause it will be taken away from me.... and I have never done pve for my ascending gear so basically I refused pve for the stats too. It’s not hard to earn 300g for a full ascending armor. Some classes have to get a new one every balance patch ;D

@Taobella.6597 said:once you add fix gear to a game mode there is no longer any build theory. there just the best build an that it.

That makes no sense. A, there is always going to be a best build (lets not act like there isnt one for each class in WvW right now), and B how would it at all reduce build theory? If anything it would enhance it as players are not priced out of swapping their builds around and can experiment more.

@XenesisII.1540 said:

@Comus.7365 said:not sure why people find the idea so offensive. from what i remember in spvp you pick your weapons and the stats you desire for your build and you're ready to go.in what way does that become a negative? i even saw someone say it would be bad for build diversity. how?

The pvp stat amulets are locked into specific combinations, people in WvW like to use multiple different stats combinations on seperate gear pieces and min/max them for more build variety. It's more fun than just picking 1 trinket with all stats imo. So the build diversity thing is mostly about reducing the amount of player input on your stats. Double if they decide to remove pve runes/sigils and opt to use the pvp ones.

There's a case to be made for ease of entry for new players but imo it's too late to change to something like the amulet system now that people have invested all their time and gold into obtaining gear/infusions for wvw. Also anet is working on the legendary armory/template thing which basically accomplishes the same as long as you spend the gold to obtain full legendary gear. I don't see them launching that and then going to pvp system.

But yeah this topic has been brought up dozens of times and always goes the same direction, nowhere.

I think some people are over reacting because they think the system would just be a full copy of the pvp system, basically what's available for stats and runes and sigils, leaving out some stuff like bunker stats (which some people want removed anyways so that would be a plus for them).

I think they would implement the system switchable like pvp but with full slots and not just an amulet, while keeping all the pve stats available, even as broken as some combinations might be. It's something in the back of anets minds anyways, to maybe get something of a hybrid system, to make it easier to switch and test builds. Raymond mentioned just leaving it to legendaries doesn't feel right.

But they know players don't want a full on pvp system in place.

then, what would be the purpose of legendary?if I can start off deleting gear from my character with full legendary, and he's left standing naked, shows how naked/empty the game would be.

@avey.4201 said:

@Comus.7365 said:not sure why people find the idea so offensive. from what i remember in spvp you pick your weapons and the stats you desire for your build and you're ready to go.in what way does that become a negative? i even saw someone say it would be bad for build diversity. how?

The pvp stat amulets are locked into specific combinations, people in WvW like to use multiple different stats combinations on seperate gear pieces and min/max them for more build variety. It's more fun than just picking 1 trinket with all stats imo. So the build diversity thing is mostly about reducing the amount of player input on your stats. Double if they decide to remove pve runes/sigils and opt to use the pvp ones.

There's a case to be made for ease of entry for new players but imo it's too late to change to something like the amulet system now that people have invested all their time and gold into obtaining gear/infusions for wvw. Also anet is working on the legendary armory/template thing which basically accomplishes the same as long as you spend the gold to obtain full legendary gear. I don't see them launching that and then going to pvp system.

But yeah this topic has been brought up dozens of times and always goes the same direction, nowhere.

I think some people are over reacting because they think the system would just be a full copy of the pvp system, basically what's available for stats and runes and sigils, leaving out some stuff like bunker stats (which some people want removed anyways so that would be a plus for them).

I think they would implement the system switchable like pvp but with full slots and not just an amulet, while keeping all the pve stats available, even as broken as some combinations might be. It's something in the back of anets minds anyways, to maybe get something of a hybrid system, to make it easier to switch and test builds. Raymond mentioned just leaving it to legendaries doesn't feel right.

But they know players don't want a full on pvp system in place.

then, what would be the purpose of legendary?if I can start off deleting gear from my character with full legendary, and he's left standing naked, shows how naked/empty the game would be.

Legendary gear is fine. allow you pick each piece but if you make it 1 large amulet that remove all build option.

@avey.4201 said:then, what would be the purpose of legendary?if I can start off deleting gear from my character with full legendary, and he's left standing naked, shows how naked/empty the game would be.

Dunno, something for you to work on? skins?They want something easier for players to test builds, that's not to say it would be a permanent replacement of the legendary stat swap,I highly doubt they would replace that system, or a priority to even implement a new system, can't even finish the other thing they working on for more than two years now.

Absolutely NOT. The freedom of building and unrestricted stats on a piece by piece basis is one of the reasons why I still play this game. Also I didn't spend tons of gold and invest thousands of hours to get Lego Armor/Weap/Trinkets just to watch that investment be rendered irrelevant because someone wanted a handout.

P.S. No I don't PvE.

@mulzi.8273 said:

One of the original selling points of WvW is that it's a game mode where you're allowed to apply endgame tryhard stuff to player-vs.-player combat. This dovetails with the game-mode-specific tryhard aspects like organizing guilds, stockpiling premium consumables, and commanding. And it's part of WvW's identity as a long-standing, resource-oriented battle mode rather than drop-in/drop-out arena combat.

The "grind-optional" structure of the game ensures that most of the hardest-to-reach bonuses only give you a tiny extra edge. Perfectionists and collectors have something to aspire to while you can still kill them while wearing full exotic armor and eating your budget food.

WvW/SPvP reward tracks and WvW loot drops mean we're not just talking about doing PvE to get better WvW stuff, either.

@Ahnlok.3897 said:Although, I highly doubt Anet will give 0 consideration on this issue,I just wanna hear you guys thoughts.

No No no no no no no! THe main reason so many people enjoy WvW is they can use actual gear. In WvW things are already split balanced and arent always the same as in pve just like pvp, but with real gear which is how it should stay.

@Justine.6351 said:I always thought a system that split attributes into categories and then you could place x amount of points into each would have been the way to go if they were looking at a new one for wvw.

Offensive:PowerCondition

Defensive:ToughnessVitalityHealing

Auxiliary:Ferocity (crit damage and condi damage)PrecisionExpertiseConcentration

Idk just a thought.

I always thought that condition damage needs mitigation included in the attributes. Toughness mitigates direct damage and resistance should be added to mitigate condition damage. It should not be exclusive to only a few specific runes or skill sets . At the very least toughness needs to be a factor in the characters ability to resist some condition damage . For example : With so much toughness the duration and /or effect of conditions is reduced.. After all , doesn't it make sense that in order to inflict a condition the armour needs to be penetrated ? This would equalize the ability to mitigate condition damage across all classes .Vitality and Healing can't be the only mitigation to condition damage because they also have to mitigate direct damage. Also resistance is not available to every possible build.

This is not an improvement. As far as I can tell WvW isn't about competition. Not really. Its about who can do the crappiest lamest bullshit with their vanity armor and other bs and post vids on youtube shitting on noobs in for bragging rights. I've only been playing a bit over a month and I can tell you I am dead ass tired of the mode already. I'm tired of PvP in general and WvW in particular. All it does is leave me with a huge sense of disgust and that is when I am winning. That's how shitty it is. Because nothing is ever balanced and even if it were balanced it would just be zergified so if you are not in a zerg profession, well then you can just go fuck yourself . Anet says it with their apathy and players say it to your face. </rant off>