3v3 Mini-Season Update

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion this pvp mode is the worst thing that has ever happened to this game. There's no movement, no strategy and no creativity at all. Seems that only a few classes are even viable and it's just mindless rotation and necro pet spamming or endless healing and hoping that you can do some damage. I only get teams that do zero damage, fight forever and die after like 1 hour of pointless fighting while me alone is not enough to kill three people. I can't outdamage the healing of 3 people and since I'm more of a damage dealer I can't keep myself alive forever. Another thing is that it feels like 50% of all players are necro pet users who are almost impossible opponents in this kind of setup. If you play adventure mode (which is the only way this game is even fun too me) it's way too hard to hit the small asura behind his pets. Conquest (and every other pvp content in gw2) is far from being competitive but at least has things like one on one situations sometimes that can be interesting and fun and you actually needed some strategy to outsmart the other team and capture points and couldn't just fight (or heal) without thinking. I think team death match would be interesting in a larger area with obstacles where you do not always rely that much on a team like a deathmatch in a shooter when you fight in a town but can't see all the enemys from the start which means that one on ones and ambushes can happen and its not just team vs team in a limited area. The elderscrolls online for example had a better idea for a team death match mode because the maps are larger (but still a little bit too small for my liking). Also why are there even rounds? It should just be with time limit, respawning and KD. For the pvp arena they have now it would be way better to have 1 on 1 only because this way you can fight as "competitive" as possible. Right now it's just a smaller version of zerg pvp. Even 2 vs 2 was a little bit better than 3 vs 3. Not saying I'm a pro at pvp or even good but how can people say that this is a competitive way of fighting? I just don't get it. They should just permanently add this as a non season game mode for the players who want to play it.