(Insert World Restructuring Update 3 Here)

Very good idea to do this so devs can go on focusing completely on this alliance thing.. don't even have to bother opening a thread but once they are done with work just type some letters in here like .. “ what alliance thing are you guys talking about?“

2 years, 7 months. That is how long ago this feature was announced. Granted, this feature doesn't fix anything about wvw. Players are still going to stack to fight doors and to make sure they face enemies half their number during their playtime. But, it would be nice for them to finally just admit, that since 31 months later no work has been done on it, that it isn't ever gonna happen. Players stacking, and transferring to avoid the stack, are gem sales, and they are never going to give that up.

@grouchybhaal.4275 said:Alliances update is going to be 3 years worth of content that's going to solve all wvw stacking/population issues

Blahahahaha, who are we kidding... It's not gonna fix anything... Be the same problems we have now

i think that gonna fix wvw population issues because regular pple are still leaving GW2 so only will remain few regular player and most of them will be ultracasual pple that come for wvw skins, loot and not for the wvw itself.

if there is no ppl complaing about WvW issues, there is no WvW issues.

@Redponey.8352 said:

@grouchybhaal.4275 said:Alliances update is going to be 3 years worth of content that's going to solve all wvw stacking/population issues

Blahahahaha, who are we kidding... It's not gonna fix anything... Be the same problems we have now

i think that gonna fix wvw population issues because regular pple are still leaving GW2 so only will remain few regular player and most of them will be ultracasual pple that come for wvw skins, loot and not for the wvw itself.

I can not see how it's going to stop the bandwagon mentality and if anything make stacking servers worse... Which is currently one of the biggest issues and making the regular people leave... There was a discord where you could mention issues like this but if you raised them you were kicked.Since it's been so long since the update personally think the community has put alliances up on a pedestal and is going to be the golden fix, but will be disappointed when it's released.

@grouchybhaal.4275 said:

I can not see how it's going to stop the bandwagon mentality and if anything make stacking servers worse... Which is currently one of the biggest issues and making the regular people leave... There was a discord where you could mention issues like this but if you raised them you were kicked.Since it's been so long since the update personally think the community has put alliances up on a pedestal and is going to be the golden fix, but will be disappointed when it's released.

It will fix the issue because they use that do tell us that they're doing something on WvW but nothing happens, even the major issue is known. They dont consider other alternatives to revitalize the WvW. They still focus on Population issue but , it will always be there as we got national and eu server, moreover by nature pple will stack to have easy win.

No direct support of GvGNo more server identityNo more WvW tourneyBad and Unfun meta. Too much boon , cc , condi and heal.

So most of regular WvW players will get bored and may have left the game at the time something will happens in WvW .

There is no issues , if there is no pple complaing about it.

@Ubi.4136 said:2 years, 7 months. That is how long ago this feature was announced. Granted, this feature doesn't fix anything about wvw. Players are still going to stack to fight doors and to make sure they face enemies half their number during their playtime. But, it would be nice for them to finally just admit, that since 31 months later no work has been done on it, that it isn't ever gonna happen. Players stacking, and transferring to avoid the stack, are gem sales, and they are never going to give that up.

This right there is the only right answer. They may have started the project, but marketing/sales killed it when they realized the only money WvW was making them was from transfers.

It ain't happening. I wouldn't blame the devs though. The resources (time/money) are directed by those that are higher up, they don't know squat about gaming but they do have business degrees. It's unfortunate, but as long as the sheep eat dry old grass, they won't move them on to greener pastures.

At this point, I'd be ok with an update that said "we haven't actually done anything, but we're thinking about it."

I'd be surprised if they hadn't made any progress at all, but 31+ months without anything to show off or talk about is really perplexing.

I don't know, but at this point they have probably been testing or trying different avenues that make alliances just one of the options, or possibly a non option which is why no updates on it - they will probably drop whatever is to come onto us like a ton of bricks, and very sudden with little to no heads up.

The only thing Alliances will do is allow new players to play with their guilds without transferring. That's all, really.

They could limit transfers right now to discourage stacking, allow a player to join the same world as their guild for free (once per linkup), and you'd essentially have the same system in a week or two of work from the developers.

Doesn't playtime also play a part in that? It's been a while since I remembered all the details of alliances, but I faintly recall that players who didn't play much will be put on a diff server from their guild, or perhaps I remembered wrongly. It's been so long since the initial alliance announcements I have to go and reread it all again.

• 3 months later...

@DemonSeed.3528 said:Doesn't playtime also play a part in that? It's been a while since I remembered all the details of alliances, but I faintly recall that players who didn't play much will be put on a diff server from their guild, or perhaps I remembered wrongly. It's been so long since the initial alliance announcements I have to go and reread it all again.

I think play time was weighted across a server but guild superseded all for the individual. People not in guilds or electing a wvw guild were then filter by playtime. Idk something like that.

@"Sviel.7493" said:At this point, I'd be ok with an update that said "we haven't actually done anything, but we're thinking about it."

I'd be surprised if they hadn't made any progress at all, but 31+ months without anything to show off or talk about is really perplexing.

They actually said, indirectly, that no work had been done. They did some infrastructure changes for pvp that will eventually be needed for alliances, but no work has been done yet on alliances themselves. They also keep giving us a quarterly road map of everything they are working on, and wvw (alliances) are never part of it. They should just admit that it won't ever happen especially as we approach the 3 year anniversary of the announcement.

That said, alliances won't fix wvw. It will change nothing about stacking, coverage imbalance, or people avoiding other large groups to fight doors. It won't stop people from logging alts to troll or to flip their own stuff to lower their score to avoid facing stronger opponents. All alliances will do is change the name of the maps from the current worlds to some random new names.

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:2 years, 7 months. That is how long ago this feature was announced. Granted, this feature doesn't fix anything about wvw. Players are still going to stack to fight doors and to make sure they face enemies half their number during their playtime. But, it would be nice for them to finally just admit, that since 31 months later no work has been done on it, that it isn't ever gonna happen.
Players stacking, and transferring to avoid the stack, are gem sales, and they are never going to give that up.

This right there is the only right answer. They may have started the project, but marketing/sales killed it when they realized the only money WvW was making them was from transfers.

People who play WvW spend money in the gemstore as well. The more WvWers quit, that's more revenue they're missing out on.