Special Mission: Communications Breakdown

yoni.7015

They are on a hill near vloxen mines- big metal towers with a dish or something on top. The event is called something like help ash destroy the towers with explosives. The event runs, but my experience is that it gets completed very fast, so you’ll need to be nearby.

The tool tip shows which areas the events are. You kind of have to cycle between the areas to complete these missions as that’s what I had to do. They don’t have much health so you’ll have to be quick. The balloon special mission was probably the most annoying one to complete.

Seems to be bugged for the mine and the village. I sat on the towers in both places multiple times today and the event never popped. The one up by the village had a bugged intel collection. He showed up you could collect the intel but could not turn it in. You can destroy the towers at other times which seem odd. You cannot target the tower but it takes damage and you can eventually destroy it but get no credit for doing so. I was able to destroy the towers under Dominion control and our control.

It would be nice to just get credit for destroying them while the Dominion has control over the area or at least make it clearer when the event is actually going on.

@Aerinndis.2730 said:It would be nice to... ...at least make it clearer when the event is actually going on.

Well, to be fair to ANet it appears in your UI Event list when it's available, and there's a big cog icon on the minimap showing the event location. But, yes, it doesn't last remotely long enough to get there with confidence if you're not effectively already there and waiting - and by the time you notice that it's in your Event list, it's probably already too late.

I think the real problem is that the tower is simply too fragile.

@YtseJam.9784 said:yeah it just bugged for me. i gathered 2 Encrypted Messages and tried to give them to the Ash Legion NPC, but he was stealth chilling there ignoring me and didn't want to talk to me or take them, so the event failed :(

Yes, had that a couple of times as well. Annoying when you're waiting on a follow-up event.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:More info on this it pops right after the collect intel event at the mine at least. The collect intel is the 1st event that pops after taking the mine but after you hand in intel it's like 10 seconds before tower event so i hand in then click mine get dropped up high glide to tower because if someone is up there already waiting it's dead in 5 secs. You also can be the guy up there waiting. I did that 4 5 of 5 mission cause I was sick of it

Waiting for events seems to be the most effecient way of getting a lot of them completed. This was how I got the Cache Hunter done. Had to find the ones I was missing and just wait there.

same thing just happened to me. did the pre, and you have like 10 sec to get to where the tower is, and by the time you get there, someone already destroyed it. and people just camp the tower and don't do the pre. should at least increase the timer so people can have a chance to get there, and make the tower not get destroyed in 1 shot