Master race?

Anyone else notice the derogatory manner used to describe everything but asura... Not showing good form in this day in age. Not sure we should be talking about "Master Race" anyhow. It could have easily been worded favorite race to use which gives it a whole different tone.

I don't know about "master" race but in my mind I think the norn, specifically female norn is the Commander. Using core cultures my logic is humans and char don't trust each other, both humans and charr borderline don't trust asura to thinking they are out to rule the world.. I don't think humans, charr or asura fully trust the sylvari. The norn are indifferent to them mostly. There's a bit of bad blood between sylvari and asura. The other races more or less trust the norn but young male norn tend to be hot heads and since the Commander started out young, that leaves the Commander a female norn.

@"Tekoneiric.6817" said:I don't know about "master" race but in my mind I think the norn, specifically female norn is the Commander. Using core cultures my logic is humans and char don't trust each other, both humans and charr borderline don't trust asura to thinking they are out to rule the world.. I don't think humans, charr or asura fully trust the sylvari. The norn are indifferent to them mostly. There's a bit of bad blood between sylvari and asura. The other races more or less trust the norn but young male norn tend to be hot heads and since the Commander started out young, that leaves the Commander a female norn.

Humans were the first race to see Sylvari as potential trade partners (as opposed to lab materials and portable power sources), so I think Sylvari are in good standing with Krytan Humans. After all, talking plants are hardly the weirdest thing you'll find in Tyria, and there was no obvious connection between the Sylvari and an Elder Dragon.

The devs have kinda toned down the innate supremacist tendencies of certain races so it doesn't go in the way of their storytelling ...

Realistically speaking, it's only a matter of time before the asura and charr go on the offensive ...

Asura are the master race, that's canon. But cats rule Tyria.

Why charr were omitted from the poll, though? Some of them like to think they're superior with their war technology. (But it's asura who tyrians may thank for logistics systems as supply routes are known as the key to victory or defeat. )

@Westenev.5289 said:

@"Tekoneiric.6817" said:I don't know about "master" race but in my mind I think the norn, specifically female norn is the Commander. Using core cultures my logic is humans and char don't trust each other, both humans and charr borderline don't trust asura to thinking they are out to rule the world.. I don't think humans, charr or asura fully trust the sylvari. The norn are indifferent to them mostly. There's a bit of bad blood between sylvari and asura. The other races more or less trust the norn but young male norn tend to be hot heads and since the Commander started out young, that leaves the Commander a female norn.

Humans were the first race to see Sylvari as potential trade partners (as opposed to lab materials and portable power sources), so I think Sylvari are in good standing with Krytan Humans. After all, talking plants are hardly the weirdest thing you'll find in Tyria, and there was no obvious connection between the Sylvari and an Elder Dragon.

A mysterious new race appearing off their doorstep around the time the elder dragons started stirring and in the general area of influence of the jungle dragon plus the nightmare court faction. Yea; I'm sure they were very glad to see the sylvari.

I'd think that the charr and norn would be less bothered by the sylvari appearing.