Current king of roaming?

girex.8052

Hey guys, I am returning after many months into the game, I saw a lot of things changed, but I didn't see the details.

Which is the current king of solo roaming?

I mean the profession to play solo and chill with good mobility sustain and damage?

When I was playing mirages, boonbeasts, holos and spellbreakers were top tier in terms of solo roaming and outnumbered fight?

What about now?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Jilora.9524 said:I feel like it's rev. I play reaper and can kll most but a rev I rarely win. Now if you consider king someone who never dies because when they losing they can mobile off then it's probably teef

Thief and rev definitely the top two right now. Thief has to pick and choose more of their fights than before but still have good spike damage and mobility. Rev has a bit of everything. Condi, power, healing, CC, mobility. I still see quite a bit of rangers too because pew pew is easy.

Well, let's see...

Basically, the key now days is to be as cheesy as possible. You can go-

Perma stealth condi thief - this setup takes loads of skillz and the basics of it are to just load up condi, poison preferably, and then stealth. Rinse and repeat.Condi rev - This class runs full trailblazer and torment runes, the idea is to stand there and pump out torment which does insane damage and sustains you to boot.Burn Guard - Super fun and takes some time to master. Basically just stand behind real players and spam spirit sword.Condi core Necro - Again, face roll all the condis on target. When you get low go into shroud and just stand there for a few seconds while your HP rises. Once shroud is depleted, leave shroud and dodge two times, shroud will be full again. Rinse and repeat.

Also, I would suggest running double cleansing sigils, unless of course, you're a warrior... in which case I would suggest playing a different class.

@"Kilo.2539" said:Well, let's see...

Perma stealth condi thief - this setup takes loads of skillz and the basics of it are to just load up condi, poison preferably, and then stealth. Rinse and repeat.Condi rev - This class runs full trailblazer and torment runes, the idea is to stand there and pump out torment which does insane damage and sustains you to boot.Burn Guard - Super fun and takes some time to master. Basically just stand behind real players and spam spirit sword.Condi core Necro - Again, face roll all the condis on target. When you get low go into shroud and just stand there for a few seconds while your HP rises. Once shroud is depleted, leave shroud and dodge two times, shroud will be full again. Rinse and repeat.

Also, I would suggest running double cleansing sigils, unless of course, you're a warrior... in which case I would suggest playing a different class.

To add to your list for the other classes, there are also fire weavers, immob druids, immortal holo, condi mirage.

So every class can cheese in some way I guess.

And if you watch Noody’s recent MRGA video, there is a pretty insane warrior plays on display. But is it at cheese level? I’m still not too sure...perhaps it is just the warrior being really skilled.

@Kilo.2539 said:Well, let's see...

This should be good. Let's see if we can hit all the checkboxes

1. Every build listed will be condi.
  2. None of them will actually be strong choices for solo/duo.
  3. They will all be builds that are very easy to counter.

Perma stealth condi thief - this setup takes loads of skillz and the basics of it are to just load up condi, poison preferably, and then stealth. Rinse and repeat.

Doesn't do enough damage to kill anything.

Condi rev - This class runs full trailblazer and torment runes, the idea is to stand there and pump out torment which does insane damage and sustains you to boot.

No burst.No sustain (unless you're in melee with multiple enemies)Little to no mobility.

Amazing choice for roaming clearly.

Also full TB+Torment runes is just bad, duration caps at 100%...

Burn Guard - Super fun and takes some time to master. Basically just stand behind real players and spam spirit sword.

Worst sustain in the game and top 3 worst mobility in the game, excellent roaming choice.

When roaming you're generally no more than 2. Not really many people to stand behind.

At least this one has enough damage to kill anything.

Condi core Necro - Again, face roll all the condis on target. When you get low go into shroud and just stand there for a few seconds while your HP rises. Once shroud is depleted, leave shroud and dodge two times, shroud will be full again. Rinse and repeat.

Finally an option with sustain. Now if it only had enough damage to kill anything. Or any mobility at all....

Great option if you like tanking out 1-2 people then dying to the inevitable 5+ people that come before you've killed anyone.

Warrior just needs 1 cleansing sigil actually and excels against most of the stuff you listed and also happens to be a much much stronger choice for roaming lol.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:And if you watch Noody’s recent MRGA video, there is a pretty insane warrior plays on display. But is it at cheese level? I’m still not too sure...perhaps it is just the warrior being really skilled.Its literally always been at cheese levels when it comes to power.

But also every such videos is usually heavily cherry picked, like that one time someone posted a video where a berserker did one arcing slice into about 4 people and downed 3 of them at once then cut the clip... only for someone to accidentally post the continuation of the video from the enemy perspective where the warrior then died 1v1 to that survivor.

@lodjur.1284 said:

Perma stealth condi thief
- this setup takes loads of skillz and the basics of it are to just load up condi, poison preferably, and then stealth. Rinse and repeat.

Condi rev
- This class runs full trailblazer and torment runes, the idea is to stand there and pump out torment which does insane damage and sustains you to boot.

No burst.No sustain (unless you're in melee with multiple enemies)Little to no mobility.

Burn Guard
- Super fun and takes some time to master. Basically just stand behind real players and spam spirit sword.

Worst sustain in the game and top 3 worst mobility in the game, excellent roaming choice.

When roaming you're generally no more than 2. Not really many people to stand behind.

Condi core Necro
- Again, face roll all the condis on target. When you get low go into shroud and just stand there for a few seconds while your HP rises. Once shroud is depleted, leave shroud and dodge two times, shroud will be full again. Rinse and repeat.

Finally an option with sustain. Now if it only had enough damage to kill anything. Or any mobility at all....

Great option if you like tanking out 1-2 people then dying to the inevitable 5+ people that come before you've killed anyone.

Warrior just needs 1 cleansing sigil actually and excels against most of the stuff you listed and also happens to be a much much stronger choice for roaming lol.

^ Found the condi druid...

Hands down it's still thief.If built and played right it's broken af and almost impossible to counter.The main reason for it is still (too)long stealth durations with a touch of too much mobility.

I watched a thief v thief duel the other day, both were glass stealth spammers. I "saw" both of them maybe 10% of the entire fight, the rest was in stealth. The most unfun thing (for me) I've seen in a long time.

There are a lot of broken builds on multiple classes, but thief has had such builds for the longest time with little to no action from Anet. So I'm not even holding my breath that they'll ever finx/balance this. Every game has cheese for the casuals to feel good.

The second "best" roaming class would most likely be either warrior or rev, with ranger and ele closely behind them.

@Kilo.2539 said:

Perma stealth condi thief
- this setup takes loads of skillz and the basics of it are to just load up condi, poison preferably, and then stealth. Rinse and repeat.

Condi rev
- This class runs full trailblazer and torment runes, the idea is to stand there and pump out torment which does insane damage and sustains you to boot.

Burn Guard
- Super fun and takes some time to master. Basically just stand behind real players and spam spirit sword.

Condi core Necro
- Again, face roll all the condis on target. When you get low go into shroud and just stand there for a few seconds while your HP rises. Once shroud is depleted, leave shroud and dodge two times, shroud will be full again. Rinse and repeat.

^ Found the condi druid...

Ye I played some condi drud, maybe 10-20 hours of so or it in 2016 or 2017 what of it? Let's just say it was before the shortbow buffs, it was a pretty terrible build at the time.

Condi druid is a far better option for solo/duo than anything you listed before tho.

Core Ranger... but I'm biased, it's all I play :pWe are in a strong place right now. SB nerfed enough to not be required. Power specs have decent damage and still high survivability. 1vX has to be managed well, lots of extending, but it's doable. And LB pew pew is ultimate differentiator.