Extremely minor bugs that still annoy you

I'd say do one per post but I don't want to limit anyone in their extremely minor gripes. Let's go!

My all-time no. 1 is: Critical hit soundbites that OBVIOUSLY should be playing when YOU score a critical but are instead played when a critical is scored ON you. It's been there since the start (probably, at least it's been like that since I started playing in 2014), never got fixed. "Oh, that had to hurt." Yep, it sure does.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To use F1 adrenaline skill on Warrior - the bar needs to be full and the skill must be charged.

But character tells "I'm ready to unleash" only by checking if adrenaline bar is full.So many times adrenaline is full, but the skill is still recharging after last use and can't be used again yet.But character claims that he is "ready", despite he isn't.

Leap attacks ending mid-air when done from higher elevation but not doing damage if ylthe attack hitbox doesn't touch the ground when the attack finishes, regardless of whether or not the attack hitbox lines up with the enemy hitbox...

My favorite is the weaver bug where mounting up causes your attunement to revert to its single-attunement state, but somehow you retain the dual skill you had equipped when you mounted! E.g. You mount up in fire/air, but when you dismount you're in fire/fire...except that your dual (3) skill remains fire/air.

This is normally impossible and can be really problematic, depending upon the scenario. It takes two swaps with a 4 second cooldown between them to access those 4 and 5 skills you intended to have available.

For example, maybe I am planning to kill a veteran bristleback, so I have fire/air ready to go. My plan is to jump in with some springer CC, follow with pyrovortex to ramp up that burn stack, then hit it with gale for more breakbar damage. By this time, it should be about to spike my face off with the bristleback volley, so I hit air 4 for a 6 second projectile block, nullifying the assault. It's all smooth sailing from there! Just finish the breakbar and take it down!

But if I jump in with fire/fire, I don't have the CC or the projectile block. So, I drop pyrovortex and rotate into air, but now I have to wait 4 seconds for the CC and the projectile block. This may make it harder to finish the breakbar, perhaps even requiring either abandoning focus on CC for all out damage or rotating into an unfavorable damage combination like earth/air or even water. Now the enemy is going to live longer than intended and I might have to really play defensively, depending on how much damage I was able to deal on that borked opener.

I wish they'd fix this. This bug is pretty frequent.

The stairs in the Applied Development Laboratory (Asura Home Instance) that are broken since launch.UsY8rwm.jpgEvery day, every morning, for years. I can walk this path like the drunk Butler in

, almost every time I run into that cursed step, then realize I did it again, jump over it and continue. Once in a blue moon I eventually walk either too much to the left or my muscle-memory triggers and I jump at that point. But this only happens when I am almost asleep and walk the path with mostly closed eyes XD.

@Randulf.7614 said:The disappearing backpack bug which is becoming ever more prevalent for me

What back packs are you seeing this on? For me it's only on Warbringer, which is only displayed on a Charr character. It happens alot in WvW, but even sometimes in PvE during meta events (like Pinata). Very annoying, as you can imagine how much of my character IS that backpack, for it to then disappear at times is bad.

Somehow managing to target the mob behind me or out of sight behind a mountain rather than the thing hitting me in the face repeatedly. The fact that the Binding of Ipos floats in front of my characters head while riding. Not being able to use any renegade utilities because of "no valid path to target" despite being on the level ground (I'm looking at you, Specimen Chamber). Weapons that float 6 inches from my characters hips. Hammers that are "sheathed" head side up. The weapon skins that would do more harm to the wielder than their foe. Give me the stretch animation back. The seam across the back of some characters.

I'm going to stop now...

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:The disappearing backpack bug which is becoming ever more prevalent for me

What back packs are you seeing this on? For me it's only on Warbringer, which is only displayed on a Charr character. It happens alot in WvW, but even sometimes in PvE during meta events (like Pinata). Very annoying, as you can imagine how much of my character IS that backpack, for it to then disappear at times is bad.

Any, but the ones I currently use are Guild Backpack, Sun Catcher and the latest Dragon Wings.

It pretty much is guaranteed to happen at Dragonfall and happens occasionally in the new map. I'm also seeing it more in HoT maps.

I can't entirely pin down the reason, but the connection seems to lie with mount dismounts and or/gliding and/or the action button. I reported every scenario I replcaited it on last year during the Draonfall release, but there was never any fix or any acknowledgement of it. It also isn't widespread as I've only seen it mentioned a handful of times

Tab targeting sometimes! As a couple of people before me mentioned.You target that fluffy galloping dolyak or innocent sweet little hopping bunny, but to be able to tab target that RED RAGING MANIAC that's chipping away so persistently at your life pool? ... Nope, not today.

Really minor one but it bothers me that sometimes when you go to a crafting station the categories are not in alphabetical order. Even if it puts the one I want closer to the top I'll close and re-open it to get them in the right order because it throws me off when they've moved around.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

I've noticed it with the holographic shattered dragon wings. It's possible it happens with others too, but my other backpacks tend to be smaller, so I'm less likely to notice if they're gone. With that one (on a human character) my character is suddenly 1/3 the size and a lot less bright, so it's instantly noticeable.

As a Necromancer, losing your minions every time you get transformed, or turned into an ice block or branded block or whatever. The game keeps adding these gimmicks with every new release so it happens more and more. I would call this a big bug, I sure hope it is not intended though.

@"Danikat.8537" said:Really minor one but it bothers me that sometimes when you go to a crafting station the categories are not in alphabetical order. Even if it puts the one I want closer to the top I'll close and re-open it to get them in the right order because it throws me off when they've moved around.

This bothers me too. I sort them by switching to bank tab and back. Also, still no "Collapse All".And in the past few weeks the wrong crafting discipline opened (like Chef at a Huntsman station) several times and made me confused why I can't see my recipes.