Tempest every match

Bast.7253

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

@mistsim.2748 said:Boon strip, immob, condis. 90% of tempests melt under some preassure. Really good ones can be tough to take down, but it's still ok when focused.

Assuming the complimentary necro isn't loading you up with cover condis ontop of the immob or fearing you in between shocking auras. lol

so put a warrior on the necro to perma cc him. whats the problem? as usual, i feel this entire thread is one giant l2p issue.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mistsim.2748 said:

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

@mistsim.2748 said:Boon strip, immob, condis. 90% of tempests melt under some preassure. Really good ones can be tough to take down, but it's still ok when focused.

Assuming the complimentary necro isn't loading you up with cover condis ontop of the immob or fearing you in between shocking auras. lol

so put a warrior on the necro to perma cc him. whats the problem? as usual, i feel this entire thread is one giant l2p issue.

war > nec + ele???nec counters war pretty hard but if tempest joins what can war even do?

@JorKadeen.3846 said:

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

Tempest can surive pretty good. At least on e none-meme build. just watch some MOTA games and learn. (if fb in lockdown he is dead, if tempest he mf's out)(i mean no crit on earth ... sounds like an OP trait)

Just want to point out Stone Heart (No crit while in Earth) is not really a good trait since it goes completely against what a Tempest should be doing and that is supporting it's allies with Heals,boons and CC.. Personally that trait needs a whole rework (Earth Traitline is completely bad in Competitive scene)

@Koen.1327 said:

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

war > nec + ele???nec counters war pretty hard but if tempest joins what can war even do?

war heroically rushes in against the necro! CRITICAL HIT, 2,3k damage. necro has 25,7k remaining.shocking aura triggers, you are stunned!

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

Tempest can surive pretty good. At least on e none-meme build. just watch some MOTA games and learn. (if fb in lockdown he is dead, if tempest he mf's out)(i mean no crit on earth ... sounds like an OP trait)

Just want to point out Stone Heart (No crit while in Earth) is not really a good trait since it goes completely against what a Tempest should be doing and that is supporting it's allies with Heals,boons and CC.. Personally that trait needs a whole rework (Earth Traitline is completely bad in Competitive scene)

Earth traitline always looks and sounds good at the beginning until you realize it goes against a lot of the competitive Ele builds that are actually effective.

Just joining in cause I honestly don't get why Anet doesn't rework that line

@mistsim.2748 said:

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

Totally agree. 99% of the threads are l2p issues. Guess people just need a class to hate. Then once it's nerfed to garbage tier, they can move on...to another 'OP' class.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:They have way to much damage for the sustain they have,its easy to see. I love the players that say they die fast when focused, wth do they think the two players are doing when their 2v1a tempest that's surviving way to long which is often the case. I'm pretty sure that's being focused.

As I said before, no they don't. Their main damage overload was nerfed hard years ago. They don't run ANY damage lines if you are full heal auramancer. Earth/Water no LR to proc with stuns. So what exactly are YOU dying to? Not their dagger? Not their overloads? If a tempest is surviving, that's good because that means they are KITING like every proper player should be doing.

Do you complain about Scrapper when they kite and do damage? Because i've seen plenty of players die (including to me) to bunker scrappers in plat 1-2. So what's REALLY the issue here?

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:They have way to much damage for the sustain they have,its easy to see. I love the players that say they die fast when focused, wth do they think the two players are doing when their 2v1a tempest that's surviving way to long which is often the case. I'm pretty sure that's being focused.

As I said before, no they don't. Their main damage overload was nerfed hard years ago. They don't run ANY damage lines if you are full heal auramancer. Earth/Water no LR to proc with stuns. So what exactly are YOU dying to? Not their dagger? Not their overloads? If a tempest is surviving, that's good because that means they are KITING like every proper player should be doing.

Do you complain about Scrapper when they kite and do damage? Because i've seen plenty of players die (including to me) to bunker scrappers in plat 1-2. So what's REALLY the issue here?

Man I can be on war with 24k hp and most of my hp is gone from that bs lightning strike alone, no the dps is fine.The balance in this game is completely ruined. Uve git high sustain classes/builds now running around out bursting squishy classes. Condi tics matching power bursts-per fing tics. Anet reduces duration but the reaplication on some classes is so high and often plus with the high damage per tic the reduction in duration was stupid. The duration should have stayed where it was and damage per tic reduced especially on burning and bleeds that way it actually does its damage over time like their sopose to but instead condis burst, its something else this game lol. People really arnt interested in this game being in a healthier state, just want the annoying builds deleted and the more popular builds OP. Never gonna change.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Man I can be on war with 24k hp and most of my hp is gone from that bs lightning strike alone, no the dps is fine.The balance in this game is completely ruined. Uve git high sustain classes/builds now running around out bursting squishy classes. Condi tics matching power bursts-per fing tics. Anet reduces duration but the reaplication on some classes is so high and often plus with the high damage per tic the reduction in duration was stupid. The duration should have stayed where it was and damage per tic reduced especially on burning and bleeds that way it actually does its damage over time like their sopose to but instead condis burst, its something else this game lol. People really arnt interested in this game being in a healthier state, just want the annoying builds deleted and the more popular builds OP. Never gonna change.

Pls I jump on my warrior and you try to kill me with a tempest...I dare you...you have to play the support tempest not some meme dps tempest, I want you to run same support build as seen on metabattle , no stability trait and then I want you to down my warrior with air overload...I dare you again to come now in PvP

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Pls I jump on my warrior and you try to kill me with a tempest...I dare you...
you have to play the support tempest
not some meme dps tempest, I want you to run same support build as seen on metabattle ,
no stability trait
and then I want you to down my warrior with air overload...I dare you again to come now in PvP

Are u serious, man u can go on current streams and watch for urself, sind talking about em, noody laughing at its sustain and damage. I'm sry man just cuz u play the class doesn't mean people are wrong mentioning its issues. So I gues those instances were all isolated eh? There a reason why all the sudden tempests are being seen so often. When a class is barely played then after a patch is not just seen more often but way more often theres a reason.I was on for half hr while gf was finishing up making dinner and that's about all I can take of this games garbage pvp on a daily basis. If I pop on later in the night for longer it's to play ff14. I honestly have no clue how anyone can subject themselves to this games pvp these days for more than a hr or so a week, I guess if u play one of the chosen few classes/builds it might be ok.The fact there 10 whole people that post on the regular in the pvp forums of a mmo tells a lot of the games population and why the population is so low only takes few matches to understand why. Sry I may be exaggerating a bit guess it's more like 15 people lol

I just wish people weren't punished for attacking him. Mesmers get chaos aura which you can most safely ignore, tempests can be attacked only when they have fire aura because every other moment just means being reflected\stunned\chilled for life. I like the concept of having strong auras, but spending such a significant amount of time under some kind of gimmicky protection ON YOUR OWN -without counting what comes from the others- is honestly a bit too much. Strong auras: ok, but either reduce the duration or increase the cooldown because that's just a little bit too much.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

not some meme dps tempest, I want you to run same support build as seen on metabattle ,
no stability trait
and then I want you to down my warrior with air overload...I dare you again to come now in PvP

Are u serious, man u can go on current streams and watch for urself, sind talking about em, noody laughing at its sustain and damage. I'm sry man just cuz u play the class doesn't mean people are wrong mentioning its issues. So I gues those instances were all isolated eh? There a reason why all the sudden tempests are being seen so often. When a class is barely played then after a patch is not just seen more often but way more often theres a reason.

So the spec was "balanced" before the patch because the dmg was so high it could not be played....it looks like now I play ele too, on top of ranger and guardian and warrior....I play so many and yet I am being called the biased one...while your "heroes" just play thief.

This @sindreneer does nothing but whine all day about every class that best his thief....what will he complain after that? core ele? staff ele because he dies while standing on a lava font?

P.S are you taking note of all the classes I have knowledge about? Just invited you to face my warrior, a class you claimed I never played

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:I just wish people weren't punished for attacking him. Mesmers get chaos aura which you can most safely ignore, tempests can be attacked only when they have fire aura because every other moment just means being reflected\stunned\chilled for life. I like the concept of having strong auras, but spending such a significant amount of time under some kind of gimmicky protection ON YOUR OWN -without counting what comes from the others- is honestly a bit too much. Strong auras: ok, but either reduce the duration or increase the cooldown because that's just a little bit too much.

Well if you want to increase the CD of auras or decrease their uptime, I think gaurd symbols and tome symbols, mes clone production, necro fears, Holo skills, rev torment application, all should be appropriately hindered as well.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

no stability trait

Are u serious, man u can go on current streams and watch for urself, sind talking about em, noody laughing at its sustain and damage. I'm sry man just cuz u play the class doesn't mean people are wrong mentioning its issues. So I gues those instances were all isolated eh? There a reason why all the sudden tempests are being seen so often. When a class is barely played then after a patch is not just seen more often but way more often theres a reason.

So the spec was "balanced" before the patch because the dmg was so high it could not be played....it looks like now I play ele too, on top of ranger and guardian and warrior....I play so many and yet I am being called the biased one...while your "heroes" just play thief.

This @sindreneer does nothing but whine all day about every class that best his thief....what will he complain after that? core ele? staff ele because he dies while standing on a lava font?

We can all say we play all sorts of classes, ur called bias cuz u claim the classes u actually play as fine when their overperforming and claim other classes u "play" that are basically agreed upon throughout the community as being on the weaker side as being fine when people complain that the class is weak lol

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

no stability trait

We can all say we play all sorts of classes, ur called bias cuz u claim the classes u actually play as fine when their overperforming and claim other classes u "play" that are basically agreed upon throughout the community as being on the weaker side as being fine when people complain that the class is weak lol

You basically refuse to come in game while still claiming that I am lying about me playing several classes......whatever....People have asked for nerfs on ele countless times...countless times ele has been nerfed.....some people still win on ele even on the nerfed specs/traits...and people still ask for nerfs on ele in 2020 ...talking about overperforming specs xd.

In the end those who win will keep winning and those losing will keep on losing , it all goes back to the thread started by @Supreme.3164 , he's 100% right..it only shows how some people don't realize when they reach the ceiling of their skill level and will start blaming it on the game instead than improving.

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:I just wish people weren't punished for attacking him. Mesmers get chaos aura which you can most safely ignore, tempests can be attacked only when they have fire aura because every other moment just means being reflected\stunned\chilled for life. I like the concept of having strong auras, but spending such a significant amount of time under some kind of gimmicky protection ON YOUR OWN -without counting what comes from the others- is honestly a bit too much. Strong auras: ok, but either reduce the duration or increase the cooldown because that's just a little bit too much.

Well if you want to increase the CD of auras or decrease their uptime, I think gaurd symbols and tome symbols, mes clone production, necro fears, Holo skills, rev torment application, all should be appropriately hindered as well.

necro fearsOkholo skillsNo poor holos lolrev tormentThat's been the subject of quite a few threads, rev is overperformingguard symbolsIDKmes clone productionLol literally wut, it's their class resource

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:......mes clone productionLol literally wut, it's their class resource

Auras are "class resource" of "AURA"-Share support tempest. lel

Some auras are bit overbeforming.

@ Psycoprophet.8107-> Since LR got "nerfed" nearly no one plays it anymore. If you die on warrior vs a LR tempest, it isnt LR, its most likely "Combo" out of Winds, LightningOrb,ShokingAura,Convergence, (with warhorn)

If you get to 50% HP vs a support tempest ... no wordsL2p issues all over the place

Sindrener is a very good player and one of the best thief players. But he is extremly biased and complains fast about other specs and builds.And he trashtalks good shit until he plays it himself... lul (Shadowportal, CondiThief usw. ..)(and he cant really play anything else)

i think the problem is not tempest all supports and bunkers use and abuse of boons apply , if u no get a boonstriper , u need do a lot dmg to pressure him, and that force non boonstriper classes play with glasses builds and cc pressure builds and this make far from any balance , we need a serious rewark in boons protection should have 20% dmg reduction and light aura 20% condi dmg reduction and at a decent time , and all classes should have any boon removal skill .

• 3 months later...

Okay I did some testing and R&D at the time of the thread start the build wasn't listed at Metabattle https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Tempest_-_D/F_Auramancer.Even at first glance a problem isn't to find but see how and adaptation of this build performance in WvW compare to the other healers and the classic arcane-water Heal Tempest. cleanses.png

The one on the top is it hust Spoiler 2x condi clean of second place.

The main reason is the fire trait line and having dagger/focus which gives you 2x aura transformation with the fire trait this 352 = 30 cleanses alone on top of this comes lesser cleansing fire with 3*5 add them and you have 45 cleanses in the fire traitlineIn the whole water trait line you have only 4 max often only 3 in use so this 15 to 20

Wateroverload on the other hand which are supposed the strongest condi clean in the game does 20 with 5 players and in wvw 40 (I'm not sure if it is 4 or 5 pulses but still less then fire trait with 5 players).

The whole fire trait line atm is a mess1.) way too much condi cleans in it2.) in the colume in which aura transformation is in has 2 dps options in it which is kinda ugly under design perspective.3.) The changes to Persistence Flames are kinda okay and I understand why they did it. Pyromancer's Puissance on the he other hand is a nightmare constantly losing might made roaming and decap builds in PvP unplayable when played as Weaver and Tempest which has other sources has the problem as dps it is only strong against numbers while still having 20% less dps then Weaver.

What bugs me the most is both the changes of Pyromancer's Puissance and the Aura changes were result develop listing to troll post on the forum. While I'm screaming in the background NOOOO

@Zephoid.4263 said:imo, the problem doesn't exist with tempest. The problem exists with the low damage level we are at. Buff a few of the less competitive dps classes like power war and mes and you probably wouldn't see as many tempests.

Damage isn't low, damage is actually too high and bunkers are too tanky at the same time.Bunkers being so tanky forces all DPS builds to go zerker amulet in order to actually do enough damage to kill them, so they're squishy, so they end up 2 shotting eachother. However, bunkers can still tank them forever 1v1(depending on match up) while holding the node so damage is too low EVEN with zerker amulet dps running around, except when they run into eachother, where they 2 shot eachother.

It's an anomaly of game design.