Upgraded from Win7 to Win10 = lag

Hello everyone,

I recently upgraded my computer from Win7 to Win10 (both 64x-versions)On Win7 I could play the game on almost max settings with no lags. Now with Win10 I have lags every 10 seconds or so.

Specs:iMac Intel® Core i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40Ghz8 GB RAMGeForce GTX 780M

Internet conectionping=24msdownload=128mbpsupload=6mbps

Is it possible that I need more RAM because of WIN10?Any other ideas?

Many thanksCruzy

@Cruzy.3706 said:I did a clean installation of Win10

Did you install all the drivers for your system?

Keep in mind that there is a lot of configuration work required before you can properly use Windows 10, as it installs and activates so much crap that no one needs and unnecessarily slows down the system (it's probably the worst Windows Microsoft has ever released). You should definitely read up on how to tweak the system to work as smoothly as possible (although a notebook is not ideal for a heavy system like Windows 10 to begin with).

Furthermore, 8 GB of RAM isn't a lot these days... Just sayin'.

P.S. Perhaps Windows 10 isn't fully compatible with an iMac notebook?

Why is everyone giving advices before actually knowing where the problem is located?

Before changing anything on your PC and waste a lot of time, you could be smart and start with checking how much RAM is utilized when you play GW2 via the Windows Task Manager. If the Ram is fully utilizerd then Windows starts moving Ram data to the virtual memory and this would indeed cause heavy stutters.

In general the game should run fine with 8GiB Ram in Windows 10, if you are not running a ton of background tasks. What's running in the background and how much Ram it consumes, is also something you can check in the Task Manager.

@KrHome.1920 said:Why is everyone giving advices before actually knowing where the problem is located?

Before changing anything on your PC and waste a lot of time, you could be smart and start with checking how much RAM is utilized when you play GW2 via the Windows Task Manager. If the Ram is fully utilizerd then Windows starts moving Ram data to the virtual memory and this would indeed cause heavy stutters.

In general the game should run fine with 8GiB Ram in Windows 10, if you are not running a ton of background tasks. What's running in the background and how much Ram it consumes, is also something you can check in the Task Manager.

I checked the Task Manager while my charackter stands in the new map (drizzelwood)This is the result:GW2 = CPU 40-50%; RAM 2GBOverall = CPU 40-50%; RAM 61%

I am not quite sure if its normal or not =)

• 3 weeks later...