World Restructuring Update 2

Raymond Lukes.6305

@"Ubi.4136" said:They gave us a timeline for what they were working on for the first and second quarter of this year. That takes us through June. To date. ZERO work has been done on alliances. Now they are working on another balance pass (not holding my breath) and someday we will get the next expansion (guessing 1-2 years from now).

Players bandwagon to a server to fight doors and to fight 80vs20. Those transfers are revenue via gem sales.Players transfer cause they get tired of fighting 20vs80. Those transfers are revenue via gem sales.

Alliances are never going to happen. They are not going to give up that revenue for a "new" system. If, by some divine intervention, we get alliances with the next expansion, it will be just as broken as the current system, as the same bandwagon folks will continue to stack to fight doors/walls and enemies that are half their size.Give it up, stop necro'ing this thread.

I'm totally okay with that at this point. I just would like the carrot removed and the final nail to be driven into the coffin so we can bury the idea of alliances. My preference is still that they happen but if they do then the chosen amount of communication has definitely hurt thier image.

@jsp.6912 said:

alliance or not it will be the same thing, i mean there will be 2-3 german server, 1-2 french, 1 spain, 1 tf server...the problem atm it's there is no goal to play in wvw why we don't have wvw league like the pvp ?

We dont have wvw league, because of unbalanced servers population, problems with off-peak ppt(night capping) and alliances should solve some issues with population distribution. And the off-peak ppt they will try to solve with changes to matches so that scoring matters in 8 hours intervals.Will this ever happen? Maybe in few years...

What they can also do and it has been proposed before are the in game leaderboards for player with most kills etc per matchup or leaderboards for guilds with proper rewards.

@SyLaR.3628 said:@jsp.6912 said:

alliance or not it will be the same thing, i mean there will be 2-3 german server, 1-2 french, 1 spain, 1 tf server...the problem atm it's there is no goal to play in wvw why we don't have wvw league like the pvp ?

We dont have wvw league, because of unbalanced servers population, problems with off-peak ppt(night capping) and alliances should solve some issues with population distribution. And the off-peak ppt they will try to solve with changes to matches so that scoring matters in 8 hours intervals.Will this ever happen? Maybe in few years...

What they can also do and it has been proposed before are the in game leaderboards for player with most kills etc per matchup or leaderboards for guilds with proper rewards.

it's impossible to have a perfect ballance of population offpeak but if u give a goal like a league, people will play more and don't rq after 1 wipe

One of these days, I'm going to find that clip where they said waiting years to release a single huge update with no communication was a mistake and that they planned to do numerous smaller updates with lots of communication for the future.

They got a bunch of blowback for HoT and immediately shriveled up, so there went that...

• 3 months later...

This is no longer being worked on.

I am amazed they haven't unstickied the two Alliance threads... But then that would be tantamount to admitting that they have ceased development, which they seem reluctant to do.

I don't know if that's because a) they have literally forgotten that it ever was in development, b) can't be arsed, c) are terrified of the shitstorm that might ensue if they owned up.

Regardless, I think that this neglect and disrespect is kinda shameful. I also know that some devs feel the same way.

Shame.

Did the Swiss already go into action? There were tests but I don't think they activated Swiss itself yet and I remember they needed a working Swiss before they can continue (or even start) alliances. Nevertheless, 2 years is way overdue and it can never be expansion content because wvw is a game mode for ALL players (f2p and hot or pof only players along). There is probably still going to be server switching as well even with alliances but then instead of individual players the guilds are the ones changing (or still the player when you have multiple guilds that do wvw when them guilds happen to play on different servers). Just wish I could play wvw with friends now and then. I don't want to change servers (and never will) so I depend on how friends link up. WvW can be extremely fun, but everytime I enter (even at peak EU hours) it it's complete desolate (or well I see no tags). The only time I saw tags was prior to, and when Warclaw came. Even at start camps there is nobody around. It would be nice if we got a roadmap on wvw alliances itself (like whats done, whats still to do kind of thing, and if its still on the table ofcourse).

the idea is probably full dead, sadly @"Aaralyna.3104" - nearly sure that the people working on it originally aren't even in the company anymore.

the format hasn't change since like 2,5 years (when i started Wvw and gw2 kinda). only warclaw kinda got added, sth nobody really wanted. all other changes been some clueless balancing - while it's quite obvious that Anet doesn't really balance stuff with respecting the Wvw meta. hard to say if they don't know it, don't understand it or ignore it.

there been a tiny few changes on maps, pretty weird ones tho. some wall changes, which kinda been a late change bc they messed up some positioning with the quick implementation of warkitty...

the unconstructed and "desolate" state of the maps also comes from people lacking understanding about much there; there should be kinda serious mode and easy mode, like the old tournament system.servers compete against each other anyways, some ppl because they want to improve their battle skills, others enjoy big time ppt.

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

@Super Hayes.6890 said:We would appreciate a simple yes or no on alliances still being developed.

Might be selling point for next expansion.

hopefully, it is not just that, WvW needs next to alliances a big overhaul. There are so many pain-points in the mode as we speak.

if it's a no I am fine with it, the linking as it is kind of works. All I want to hear is what the status is for WvW, a roadmap

@Halbarz.3854 said:

@Super Hayes.6890 said:We would appreciate a simple yes or no on alliances still being developed.

Might be selling point for next expansion.

hopefully, it is not just that, WvW needs next to alliances a big overhaul. There are so many pain-points in the mode as we speak.

if it's a no I am fine with it, the linking as it is kind of works. All I want to hear is what the status is for WvW, a roadmap

For there to be a roadmap, there needs to be a road. It's been so long now the roads are gone and nature has grown over them- all that remains are an echo of what once was and a whisper in the wind.