Please give us at least 1 viable power mesmer spec.

Dlegend.1682

yep mesmer is crap in WVW. damage is well below other classes and also offers no group buffs/utility even close to scourge strips/barrier, scrapper condi cleanses, revenant boons....

The basic design of a burst damage class that relies on clones/stealth/misdirection just doesn't work in WVW. there needs to be at least 1 decent/viable spec in every game mode. IH is the only way to do reliable AOE dng on a mesmer, and mesmers did crappy/below average damage even when they had 2 dodges.

Honestly it's a 0/10 for Anet for quality of balance decisions. 8 years on and virtually the same set of classes have been dominating the meta since the beginning, It's pathetic.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:In every competetive game, there are 2 things that influence the balance. Actual balance and conterplay for the oponent/enjoyment for the oponent.If something has no counterplay, then it needs to be weaker so the no counterplay thing comes only when skill is diferent. From forums post, it is clear that ther was no enjoyment fkr oponents. Thats why mesmer is underpowered now

I don't know about enjoyment but even way before any of these nerfs came Power Mesmer/Mirage in enlou of stealth has the most counter play of anything else in game, and the fairest burst. Even with stealth it does not have the same 'on demand' up time as thief or even ranger, and mes has much tighter burst windows to play around.

Also what about a mesmer players enjoyment? It's not fun to fight against anything left in the roster when you're at such a handicap that every fight is an up hill battle. Sounds like just another double standard to me.

Even in the PvP forums when they complain about condi damage numbers where everyone is doing upwards of 40k - 100k Mes barely puts out 20k, lol.

If they are going to complain no matter what they might as well make it a balanced 1v1 duelist where it can deal with anything, but anything can equally deal with it. Where bads will be bad and cry regardless.

I dont play pvp here so i might not get enough information. But from other competetive games I play, i saw numerous times that if something is unfun to play against, then it should be underpowered. Also the balancing is either for "casuals" or for "tryhards". You cannot balance both at the same time because diferent classes have diferent skill requirements.The main problem here is that the patches are just too slow. If you want healthy pvp game then patches needs to happen at least once every month. With hotfixes if something is way out of line. It takes players a day to figure everything out but the changes comes after few months to fix that.Even if mesmer will be changed to something useful, then something else will be op and it will take few months to change that.

The idea about your enjoyment is that if you outplay oponent with a class like this (weaker but without counterplay) then you didnt give enemy a chance.

Unfun to fight against is subjective.You can't balance according to "unfun to fight against", you're opening a pandora's box.I, for example, absolutely despise fighting holos, it is extremely unfun for me. Shall we make it underpowered so no one plays it?

Unfun to play against is subjective, but for majority of players in any comletetive game, if you die and there was nothing you could have done to change the outcome, than that is unfun to play against.

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:In every competetive game, there are 2 things that influence the balance. Actual balance and conterplay for the oponent/enjoyment for the oponent.If something has no counterplay, then it needs to be weaker so the no counterplay thing comes only when skill is diferent. From forums post, it is clear that ther was no enjoyment fkr oponents. Thats why mesmer is underpowered now

I don't know about enjoyment but even way before any of these nerfs came Power Mesmer/Mirage in enlou of stealth has the most counter play of anything else in game, and the fairest burst. Even with stealth it does not have the same 'on demand' up time as thief or even ranger, and mes has much tighter burst windows to play around.

Also what about a mesmer players enjoyment? It's not fun to fight against anything left in the roster when you're at such a handicap that every fight is an up hill battle. Sounds like just another double standard to me.

Even in the PvP forums when they complain about condi damage numbers where everyone is doing upwards of 40k - 100k Mes barely puts out 20k, lol.

If they are going to complain no matter what they might as well make it a balanced 1v1 duelist where it can deal with anything, but anything can equally deal with it. Where bads will be bad and cry regardless.

I dont play pvp here so i might not get enough information. But from other competetive games I play, i saw numerous times that if something is unfun to play against, then it should be underpowered. Also the balancing is either for "casuals" or for "tryhards". You cannot balance both at the same time because diferent classes have diferent skill requirements.The main problem here is that the patches are just too slow. If you want healthy pvp game then patches needs to happen at least once every month. With hotfixes if something is way out of line. It takes players a day to figure everything out but the changes comes after few months to fix that.Even if mesmer will be changed to something useful, then something else will be op and it will take few months to change that.

The idea about your enjoyment is that if you outplay oponent with a class like this (weaker but without counterplay) then you didnt give enemy a chance.

Unfun to fight against is subjective.You can't balance according to "unfun to fight against", you're opening a pandora's box.I, for example, absolutely despise fighting holos, it is extremely unfun for me. Shall we make it underpowered so no one plays it?

Unfun to play against is subjective, but for majority of players in any comletetive game, if you die and there was nothing you could have done to change the outcome, than that is unfun to play against.

But the point is there is quite a lot of counter play, and a lot they could have done to change the outcome. However instead of learning to play, and alerting their tactic most just complain for it to be nerfed to the ground before even understanding.

@Daishi.6027 said:

But the point is there is quite a lot of counter play, and a lot they could have done to change the outcome. However instead of learning to play, and alerting their tactic most just complain for it to be nerfed to the ground before even understanding.

Imas I have said. I dont play pvp/wvw so I dont know. All I saw were posts about mesmer beeing too strong because there was no way to beat 20 phantasms running at you. It is true that players complain instead of learning. The problem here is that in wvw, you dont have ranks. Everyone can llay with everyone. So "bad" players are complaining because someone good beat them with some overwhelming build and did it alot. Next balancepatch will be in 2 years so buffing something back is too risky in case that would be op again and so huge part of comunity will be angry?

@"mortrialus.3062" said:Every build is "unfun to play against.". They're only fun to kill. The more reliably you can kill any build the more "fun" it is. The less reliably the less "fun" it us. That's literally all anyone means wgen they talk about builds being "fun" or "unfun"

nah even when i kill a death magic necro on power mesmer i still think "fuck me this is boring and unfun"

@"Dlegend.1682" said:Returned to the game after a break about 3 weeks ago, and have been trying to get back into the game. Mesmer main for past 5 years and its so unenjoyable in pvp/wvw. Short of playing condi mirage cancer and in pve, Power mesmers are absolute garbage. Thought it was a case of "get gud", but after spending roughly a week on each spec (core/chrono/mirage) trying to "get gud" I've come to the realisation that power mesmers are unplayable. Sure you might get a decent spike on a thief from time to time if you catch him, but even then... lllanding your full damage combo to get 50-70% dmg on the target requires you to spec fulll glass cannon with 0 utility and survivablity to do that kinda damage.

meanwhile all other classes are allowed to maintain their sustain and damage with reasonable trade offs. Theres just no way to keep decent pressure up on a power mesmer, and also not enough spike damage to nuke poepel. Its actually disgusting.

Im guessing Arena Net, got alot of flack from poeplle running condi mirage, but rather than balancing the class appropriately where the problem was (in the condi burst) they nuked the spec as a whole and now we cant do any viable builds?

PS. sorry for the rant. Just saddened by the state of the game like this. Sure could respec to another class, but feeling forced into condi or changing classes all together feels really kitten in an mmo since build diversity should be encourage. Hopefull the next expansion could bring power mesmers back.

do mean power core mesmer in pve is trash? or in general mesmer, cause if so power chrono has the highest single target dps benchmark rn btw

@necromaniac.7629 said:

@"Dlegend.1682" said:Returned to the game after a break about 3 weeks ago, and have been trying to get back into the game. Mesmer main for past 5 years and its so unenjoyable in pvp/wvw. Short of playing condi mirage cancer and in pve, Power mesmers are absolute garbage. Thought it was a case of "get gud", but after spending roughly a week on each spec (core/chrono/mirage) trying to "get gud" I've come to the realisation that power mesmers are unplayable. Sure you might get a decent spike on a thief from time to time if you catch him, but even then... lllanding your full damage combo to get 50-70% dmg on the target requires you to spec fulll glass cannon with 0 utility and survivablity to do that kinda damage.

meanwhile all other classes are allowed to maintain their sustain and damage with reasonable trade offs. Theres just no way to keep decent pressure up on a power mesmer, and also not enough spike damage to nuke poepel. Its actually disgusting.

Im guessing Arena Net, got alot of flack from poeplle running condi mirage, but rather than balancing the class appropriately where the problem was (in the condi burst) they nuked the spec as a whole and now we cant do any viable builds?

PS. sorry for the rant. Just saddened by the state of the game like this. Sure could respec to another class, but feeling forced into condi or changing classes all together feels really kitten in an mmo since build diversity should be encourage. Hopefull the next expansion could bring power mesmers back.

do mean power core mesmer in pve is trash? or in general mesmer, cause if so power chrono has the highest single target dps benchmark rn btw

its golem benchmark assuming you have perma slow, realistically 0,1% people would be able to pull it off if less, and even if any CC/mechanic forces you to dodge during F4 you fall and are even with other dps classes.

With the amount of Quickness around these days, maybe a lot more inherent Slow uptime would be a good idea.

Change Lost Time to inflict Slow when you Cripple enemies and suddenly you've got a solid GS + Sword/X power chrono spec.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

its golem benchmark assuming you have perma slow, realistically 0,1% people would be able to pull it off if less, and even if any CC/mechanic forces you to dodge during F4 you fall and are even with other dps classes.

I know but does all of that mean power mesmers are "absolute garbage" as what he said? that was the point i was making

@mikdepadua.8376 said:Have you guys seen the #makeroaminggreatagain power core mesmer videos? It seems pretty good

It's a video. Everything can look good in a video. And he is a really good Mesmer player. Put an equally good player against him on any number of builds that counter Mesmer and he will lose 90% of the time.

Theres still some very very bursty mesmers on wvw, when ic their combo they can kill me easilly trough herald active healing skill delay(theres a delay on rev activation to absord damage to health if some dont know...).The full burst actually kills a 20k vitality toon in just 1 sec burst, and they seem very mobile as well, its a blink out of stealth kill blink and vanish build :\, very anoying to predict due how fast the burst and all skills happen, even rev shield5 rarely saves from the burst since can be interrupted.

I dont htink its bad to go core mesmer if one want to be this bursty.

@Aeolus.3615 said:Theres still some very very bursty mesmers on wvw, when ic their combo they can kill me easilly trough herald active healing skill delay(theres a delay on rev activation to absord damage to health if some dont know...).The full burst actually kills a 20k vitality toon in just 1 sec burst, and they seem very mobile as well, its a blink out of stealth kill blink and vanish build :\, very anoying to predict due how fast the burst and all skills happen, even rev shield5 rarely saves from the burst since can be interrupted.

one can go deadeye and do the same thing from 1,5k range while also permastealthing.mesmer has NO way of interrupting revs shield 5

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:Theres still some very very bursty mesmers on wvw, when ic their combo they can kill me easilly trough herald active healing skill delay(theres a delay on rev activation to absord damage to health if some dont know...).The full burst actually kills a 20k vitality toon in just 1 sec burst, and they seem very mobile as well, its a blink out of stealth kill blink and vanish build :\, very anoying to predict due how fast the burst and all skills happen, even rev shield5 rarely saves from the burst since can be interrupted.

one can go deadeye and do the same thing from 1,5k range while also permastealthing.mesmer has NO way of interrupting revs shield 5

It has actually, not in core tho, but imo elite specs are more towards specializations towards behaviors and gameplay, they arent a direct evolution of the class, giving more damage to other elites on power damage it m8 become to much forgiving under certain circuntances and stats.

Mesmer seems very mobile? Core Mesmer? Mirage just after PoF release, with double mirage thrust, blink, illusionary ambush and three jaunts on the original (shorter) cool down was very mobile, but still less mobile than Thief and Warrior. Mirage has lost a lot of that mobility these days. And core Mesmer has a lot less than that. At this point I think even Necromancer can be faster. Core Mesmer has one mobility tool, that is blink, on a 35 second cool down. Almost no access to swiftness and the only 25% passive movement speed increase comes from runes. That's it. Okay there is illusionary leap, but that requires the target to be almost in melee range, so you can't chase nor run away with that. And half the time it doesn't work anyway because the clone AI bugs out.

Mesmer doesn't have good mobility and core Mesmer has one of the lowest mobility of any WvW build.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

It has actually, not in core tho, but imo elite specs are more towards specializations towards behaviors and gameplay, they arent a direct evolution of the class, giving more damage to other elites on power damage it m8 become to much forgiving under certain circuntances and stats.

I went through every single control ability mesmer can use, there is not a single CC that is unblockable.the only way mesmer can interrupt a block is if thief gives mesmer the venom.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

I went through every single control ability mesmer can use, there is not a single CC that is unblockable.the only way mesmer can interrupt a block is if thief gives mesmer the venom.

(edited)If i cant manage to remove daze in time any unblockable will interrupt shield 5, that how one interrupt the healing from herald u can daze when herald interrupting the healing since it has a delay between cast and effect skill will interrupted.

In terms of damage for pve i would say some classes like zerker shiro(my sword 3 once in a while crits over 20k+ usually 12k-18k) or reaper are a bit off the chart and thus making classes like the mesmer elite specs feel underpowered in pve since they cant kill as fast as others, sime elite feel more oriented for other roles and gameplay.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

If i cant manage to remove daze in time any unblockable will interrupt shield 5.

what does that even mean ?

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

If i cant manage to remove daze in time any unblockable will interrupt shield 5.

Ignore it i was thinkin at gw1 daze :\ but well made stun and daze will interrupt the herald defenses. (i really need to remake my mesmer from 2k14 >_>)

On topic for what im seing Chrono has decent capabilities to be built for power but its utilities are well based, weapons based damage could would with it, it isnt has strong as a shiro or a reaper on pve and pvp/wvw, cause shiro outside pve is awfull.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

Ignore it i was thinkin at gw1 daze :\ but well made stun and daze will interrupt the herald defenses. (i really need to remake my mesmer from 2k14 >_>)

On topic for what im seing Chrono has decent capabilities to be built for power but its utilities are well based, weapons based damage could would with it, it isnt has strong as a shiro or a reaper on pve and pvp/wvw, cause shiro outside pve is awfull.

you can still dodge when dazed, when stun you can removed. power mesmer usually doesnt even run any stuns.as for chrono, its THE worst pvp spec in the game.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

you can still dodge when dazed, when stun you can removed. power mesmer usually doesnt even run any stuns.as for chrono, its THE worst pvp spec in the game.

seams like a shiro and a chrono would be a good duel :persevere:

Would something like this could work :\ ????http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiABwyx7lJwYYLMMWJOWLeNLA-zRRYbRPAH+hoZBUJBYp8VL-e