Inadvertent reset of NA WvW matches

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not confident things are going to go well with this. TC was not winning it's T3 match, yet now we have been dropped into the T2 match with a winning score. At this rate, we are going to move to T1 at reset Friday. That doesn't "fix" anything. That totally screws us for a couple more weeks as we get farmed dropping back to T3 where we weren't even winning.

@"Ubi.4136" said:I'm not confident things are going to go well with this. TC was not winning it's T3 match, yet now we have been dropped into the T2 match with a winning score. At this rate, we are going to move to T1 at reset Friday. That doesn't "fix" anything. That totally screws us for a couple more weeks as we get farmed dropping back to T3 where we weren't even winning.

Meh, relinks kinda mess up all the match ups in the first place. For TC it would effectively be the same as if ya'll spawned into T1. Not the greatest, but since most servers are in the wrong place b/c of relink anyways, it doesn't really make much of a difference to me.

@"Ubi.4136" said:I'm not confident things are going to go well with this. TC was not winning it's T3 match, yet now we have been dropped into the T2 match with a winning score. At this rate, we are going to move to T1 at reset Friday. That doesn't "fix" anything. That totally screws us for a couple more weeks as we get farmed dropping back to T3 where we weren't even winning.

You're in T3, but you're right -- there's no way FA is covering a 21 point gap when this happened during its weakest coverage time. More importantly, our kdr was halved. What kind of server even manages a .68 kill/death rate? You'd have to intentionally feed around the clock to accomplish that. There are days it feels like this gamemode is held together with duct tape and chicken wire. But hey, the players are still there and its free, so ¯\(ツ)/¯Maybe they're testing out new content behind the scenes they haven't told us about and this is an unforetold side effect.

~ Kovu

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

You're in T3, but you're right -- there's no way FA is covering a 21 point gap when this happened during its weakest coverage time. More importantly, our kdr was
halved
. What kind of server even
manages
a .68 kill/death rate? You'd have to intentionally feed around the clock to accomplish that. There are days it feels like this gamemode is held together with duct tape and chicken wire. But hey, the players are still there and its free, so ¯\
(ツ)
/¯Maybe they're testing out new content behind the scenes they haven't told us about and this is an unforetold side effect.

~ Kovu

Yeah FA won't cover that. You aren't the threat in that tier now. Many servers get .7 because servers like FA AR and MaG sit in ebg all day farming kills and intentionally stay in a tier lower they they should for better k/d matchups

"intentionally stay in a tier lower they they should" -- Is this what we call coverage gaps now? Not that I expect anyone on any server is trying too hard to ppt these days...With the fact that it's a three server game I'm not used to seeing servers with a kdr lower than .7 because every death could potentially count as a kill for both of the opposing servers meaning in prolonged larger scale fights between three groups its possible for all three servers to come out ahead with a kdr near or above 1.00 -- even if they're wiped.

@SyLaR.3628 said:Does it mean that they are testing some backend stuffs for wvw alliances and something went wrong? Pog, maybe there is still hope for alliances xDAnything is possible. =)

edit- There have been times I've singlehandedly shot my team's kdr waay up at the start of a skirmish by yolo'ing into the opposing servers whilst they're fighting and dropping every AoE on my bar. Its not exactly an accurate system. Alas, there's no coming back from .68 on a Tuesday. XD

@V Winter.5371 said:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:And you won't even like next week in t4 with mag and poor DB who has a few big guilds gonna .5 k/d that week

Can we all take a moment of silence for all the brave DB soldiers who will die in the coming week?

For what its worth I won't be killing any of them. I'm usually either asleep or at work at 6AM, depending on the day. =)

~ Kovu

@Rubi Bayer.8493 said:We are still looking into the effects from the inadvertent reset, but the current matches will have some anomalies. The regular reset on Friday should correct any related issues.

Understand.

It just continues though to appear as if WvW is the forgotten sibling.

Most have gotten past actually caring about scores. It’s not as if alliances are in effect and we have tournaments again.

Point is, it’s a significant glitch and we get to wait until the ‘normal’ reset.

@"Rubi Bayer.8493" said:We are still looking into the effects from the inadvertent reset, but the current matches will have some anomalies. The regular reset on Friday should correct any related issues.

Does this mean that regardless of the match score, servers will be put where they would have been had this "accident" not occurred? TC for example was most likely going to come in second in T3. So, Friday we will be blue in T3 again regardless...right?

Hmm well it just gets worse and worse lets just blame Covid shall we for another shambles . A really good way to kill WvW , just man up and say we don't want to bother with this mode. So we will reset and inadvertently ignore like the past 2+ years . Inadvertently forgot about Alliances also I gather.

@Kovu.7560 said:

You're in T3, but you're right -- there's no way FA is covering a 21 point gap when this happened during its weakest coverage time. More importantly, our kdr was
halved
. What kind of server even
manages
a .68 kill/death rate? You'd have to intentionally feed around the clock to accomplish that. There are days it feels like this gamemode is held together with duct tape and chicken wire. But hey, the players are still there and its free, so ¯\
(ツ)
/¯Maybe they're testing out new content behind the scenes they haven't told us about and this is an unforetold side effect.

~ Kovu

Clearly the KDRbots were outwitted.

@Krypto.2069 said:

@gavyne.6847 said:This means you're keeping this reset scramble? Would you at least reset the scores since servers are inheriting the scores of others.

Either a score reset or a
FREE WarClaw Mount Skin of Choice!
:trollface:

C'mon, Fire! Please give it to us! HAHAHA! :lol:

I need 6 tickets but am timegated. That should obviously be the compensation.

Notice the part where they don't care?WvW has seen years of neglect, and it can't be put off to money as server transfers make money, along with the kites/toys we play with in wvw.Since the layoffs it seems they have actively tried to dismantle the competitive modes(Anet/NcSoft should investigate who is trying to sabotage their investment).