What do you do with your War supplies?

hugo.4705

War supplies are the new map currency. I earn ton just ton of them and wondered, how do you spend them?I started the day with 150 and now already have 6907! I keep spending them into decos, but well already have at least 69 exemplar of each new deco.I don't see the point to spend into schematics, because a ballista is enough to destroy most of fortifications.Buying salvage pile return to the same problem: You earn more supplies but then, how to spend the again?Not gonna lie, expected a very expensive tonic or mini requiring ton of supplies and karma. Dunno ronnah tank, nicabar copter...I also noticed there is new weapons, but instead of being very rare drop of hidden supply cache, maybe could they be bought at the supplies vendor, like in grothmar with chillies?

I hope episode 4, which happens in the same map, will feature more decos and sink for those. Maybe the "best" sink, is to rebuild broken weapons and fortifications? But kinda useless imho, fortifications doesn't really need to be restored if enough players to defend the outpost.So I ask you, how do you spend your war supplies? ^^

Buy keys if I need them. Get morale boost buff. Keep a few portable waystations in inventory to use in all different maps/metas/wherever more cc helps. Get siege prints if needed.I think that the faucets give lots of them to encourage you to just use them and not worry about hoarding for personal gain.

I find it a largely under utilised currency. It just doesn't seem to have much use beyond the special missions and cache keys.

I generally just rebuild defences with mine even though it doesn’t make much difference. Id have preferred a much better commitment to the wvw side of things to make them more useful.

The good thing is, they sit in the currency wallet and not wasting space like eternal shards do. So even if I dont use them, they are invisible to me.

Rebuilding defenses triggers the camp assaults sooner, so is it correct to say that a map where people are spending supply to rebuild goes through more cycles per day and hence everyone participating in the assaults on that map gets more rewards per hour? Compared to a map where no one rebuilds the camps, I mean.

It's very easy to spend all of your war supply if you do a lot of repairing.

I don't know. I don't see myself ever running out of reasons to spend them on more trees. I bought 100 on top of what I already had the other day and that's just for 1 guild. On the plus side Windswept has a lovely Redwood encased lake now.

Hopefully we'll get some more similarly useful decorations next release. I need to start spending them on commendations or something I guess to get more mastery points but I just can't justify spending them on anything other than decorations, given that decorations have so much more long-term value.

I also run out of keys pretty frequently but I think you can only buy 4 of those a day.

@Jilora.9524 said:There is no cap to how many keys you can buy at 250 supply so when you have a ton extra you can buys keys to skip the hustle you kinda need to do to get 40 per meta

Oh, that makes sense. I could have swore I bought more than 4 the other day but I did notice my supplies seemed like they were being drained by a lot more than 25. Good to know.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

@Jilora.9524 said:There is no cap to how many keys you can buy at 250 supply so when you have a ton extra you can buys keys to skip the hustle you kinda need to do to get 40 per meta

Oh, that makes sense. I could have swore I bought more than 4 the other day but I did notice my supplies seemed like they were being drained by a lot more than 25. Good to know.

5 at 25 each5 at 50 each5 at 100 eachand unlimited at 250 each.