Please give us at least 1 viable power mesmer spec.

Dlegend.1682

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:Theres still some very very bursty mesmers on wvw, when ic their combo they can kill me easilly trough herald active healing skill delay(theres a delay on rev activation to absord damage to health if some dont know...).The full burst actually kills a 20k vitality toon in just 1 sec burst, and they seem very mobile as well, its a blink out of stealth kill blink and vanish build :\, very anoying to predict due how fast the burst and all skills happen, even rev shield5 rarely saves from the burst since can be interrupted.

I dont htink its bad to go core mesmer if one want to be this bursty.

one can go deadeye and do the same thing from 1,5k range while also permastealthing.mesmer has NO way of interrupting revs shield 5

It has actually, not in core tho, but imo elite specs are more towards specializations towards behaviors and gameplay, they arent a direct evolution of the class, giving more damage to other elites on power damage it m8 become to much forgiving under certain circuntances and stats.

I went through every single control ability mesmer can use, there is not a single CC that is unblockable.the only way mesmer can interrupt a block is if thief gives mesmer the venom.

If i cant manage to remove daze in time any unblockable will interrupt shield 5.

what does that even mean ?

Ignore it i was thinkin at gw1 daze :\ but well made stun and daze will interrupt the herald defenses. (i really need to remake my mesmer from 2k14 >_>)

On topic for what im seing Chrono has decent capabilities to be built for power but its utilities are well based, weapons based damage could would with it, it isnt has strong as a shiro or a reaper on pve and pvp/wvw, cause shiro outside pve is awfull.

you can still dodge when dazed, when stun you can removed. power mesmer usually doesnt even run any stuns.as for chrono, its THE worst pvp spec in the game.

seams like a shiro and a chrono would be a good duel :persevere:

Would something like this could work :\ ????

no, without even getting into how its going to survive being hit.this is MELEE only build, with 0 mobility.it has 1 BUGGED teleport with 600 ( max ) range.. and thats it.shiro has unblockable after porting, if chrono uses block, port->deathstrike and its gg.I remember being hit for 9-15k with deathstrike in WvW on similar toughness, so shiro kills this build with 2-3 hits.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@"Yoci.2481" said:Actual 1-shots are very rare, maybe in the 1% - 3% range. A lot more common is baiting cooldowns and then bursting them down from half hp.

It's non interactive and zero fun to fight. They're either invis, invul, dodging, or CCing you.

1 shot core was unable to 1shot glass cannon mesmer in 2v1. thats what happens when you use your 1 dodge for damage I guess xdedit if he gave a crap he could have blinked when he dropped to 6k hpthis build cant even 1shot a glass cannon, should make petition to rename the build to 2shot mesmer xd

@"Shiyo.3578" said:I know it's a meme, but people play this and it's very unfun to fight. I don't think Anet will ever buff mesmer as long as this trash build exists...

I wouldnt know how "fun" it is to fight them, have not had problems with them last patch, and right now after the nerfs I have not seen a single one to even get close to apply any pressure deadeye is can this shit much better and its meme in itself, its like saying that deadeye is toxic so nothing in thief can be changed ever.condi thief has bigger power burst while being condi build, on top of more utility,mobility and survivability lel

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:Theres still some very very bursty mesmers on wvw, when ic their combo they can kill me easilly trough herald active healing skill delay(theres a delay on rev activation to absord damage to health if some dont know...).The full burst actually kills a 20k vitality toon in just 1 sec burst, and they seem very mobile as well, its a blink out of stealth kill blink and vanish build :\, very anoying to predict due how fast the burst and all skills happen, even rev shield5 rarely saves from the burst since can be interrupted.

I dont htink its bad to go core mesmer if one want to be this bursty.

one can go deadeye and do the same thing from 1,5k range while also permastealthing.mesmer has NO way of interrupting revs shield 5

It has actually, not in core tho, but imo elite specs are more towards specializations towards behaviors and gameplay, they arent a direct evolution of the class, giving more damage to other elites on power damage it m8 become to much forgiving under certain circuntances and stats.

I went through every single control ability mesmer can use, there is not a single CC that is unblockable.the only way mesmer can interrupt a block is if thief gives mesmer the venom.

If i cant manage to remove daze in time any unblockable will interrupt shield 5.

what does that even mean ?

Ignore it i was thinkin at gw1 daze :\ but well made stun and daze will interrupt the herald defenses. (i really need to remake my mesmer from 2k14 >_>)

On topic for what im seing Chrono has decent capabilities to be built for power but its utilities are well based, weapons based damage could would with it, it isnt has strong as a shiro or a reaper on pve and pvp/wvw, cause shiro outside pve is awfull.

you can still dodge when dazed, when stun you can removed. power mesmer usually doesnt even run any stuns.as for chrono, its THE worst pvp spec in the game.

seams like a shiro and a chrono would be a good duel :persevere:

Would something like this could work :\ ????

no, without even getting into how its going to survive being hit.this is MELEE only build, with 0 mobility.it has 1 BUGGED teleport with 600 ( max ) range.. and thats it.shiro has unblockable after porting, if chrono uses block, port->deathstrike and its gg.I remember being hit for 9-15k with deathstrike in WvW on similar toughness, so shiro kills this build with 2-3 hits.

Tks for the iumput, kinda feel that most classes are gutted into some rotation gimmicks and everything else wont work in that class :\

Somehow ive seen a shiro shreding 2 targets in a blink while i was blocling their atacks :\ ic what u mean.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Aeolus.3615apparently there is new bug where chrono cant even get clones lol.

ouch :\

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Shiyo.3578 said:Until 1 shot mesmer is completely removed Anet will never buff power mesmer.

good thing 1shot mes is a meme

But it still works, usually when u burst on eenemy with certain boons and if the combro can be performed so fast, the enemy being hitted will actually get a bit desync and laggin.

@"Aeolus.3615" I played the build before and after the patch.its too slow, burst is too unreliable, build is too squishy.honestly there is no reason to run "1shot" mes and instead use d/p, damage is lower but it has triple the mobility, triple the survivability and triple the utilitu.

1-shot mesmer is still a thing in WVW, so the 1-dodge nerf definitely wasn't about that.

power mirage was weak in WVW before the nerf so the only logical conclusion is that anet screwed up or was too lazy to come up with a more nuanced solution to whatever they perceived to be the problem.

but then i would say too slow/superficial/clumsy balancing has been a problem since day #1 in this game. 8 years on and there is still a huge collection of unbuffed/unusable/forgotten skills & utilities.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@"Aeolus.3615" I played the build before and after the patch.its too slow, burst is too unreliable, build is too squishy.honestly there is no reason to run "1shot" mes and instead use d/p, damage is lower but it has triple the mobility, triple the survivability and triple the utilitu.

Oh yeah totally squishy , but the burst is stupidly fast(i keep pressing my rev shield 5 and it wont come up cause game assume im, already dead due how burst speed happens or my client cant handle how fast the data comes :), there are still some 1shot mesmers arround the game, how they appear so quickly burst and vanish that's by far out of my knowledge.Imo mesmer power could be more like a duelist gameplay like aholo or a medi guard gameplay, mesmer has a power options but they are tied to a gimmick and that's just plain bad design.

GS power range damage, can be bursty and it will kill most wvw players but its a gimick rotation , anything else wont work outside pve as something that has a feeling of a working build.

note: condi range isnt a issue for me due the build i play counters that behaviours.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Aeolus.3615 I played the build before and after the patch.its too slow, burst is too unreliable, build is too squishy.honestly there is no reason to run "1shot" mes and instead use d/p, damage is lower but it has triple the mobility, triple the survivability and triple the utilitu.

Oh yeah totally squishy , but the burst is stupidly fast(i keep pressing my rev shield 5 and it wont come up cause game assume im, already dead due how burst speed happens or my client cant handle how fast the data comes :), there are still some 1shot mesmers arround the game, how they appear so quickly burst and vanish that's by far out of my knowledge.Imo mesmer power could be more like a duelist gameplay like aholo or a medi guard gameplay, mesmer has a power options but they are tied to a gimmick and that's just plain bad design.

GS power range damage, can be bursty and it will kill most wvw players but its a gimick rotation , anything else wont work outside pve as something that has a feeling of a working build.

note: condi range isnt a issue for me due the build i play counters that behaviours.

might be ping delay + enemy not rendering fast.if you have 150 ping thats 0,15s behind, add in the fact that character can render 0,1s too late + your reaction time and you end up without a way to do jack.To honestly survive it reliably you gotta spot the blade mid air, that gives you the time to react, dunno how it looks in WvW tbh.In pvp its ez clapper since you KNOW there is power mesmer arund, in wvw you might eat cheetos for 15min and then suddenly boom :D

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Aeolus.3615 I played the build before and after the patch.its too slow, burst is too unreliable, build is too squishy.honestly there is no reason to run "1shot" mes and instead use d/p, damage is lower but it has triple the mobility, triple the survivability and triple the utilitu.

might be ping delay + enemy not rendering fast.if you have 150 ping thats 0,15s behind, add in the fact that character can render 0,1s too late + your reaction time and you end up without a way to do jack.To honestly survive it reliably you gotta spot the blade mid air, that gives you the time to react, dunno how it looks in WvW tbh.In pvp its ez clapper since you KNOW there is power mesmer arund, in wvw you might eat cheetos for 15min and then suddenly boom :D

That explains, usually my ping goes arround 120-160 (EU player on NA server)

Lests just wait for the rifle mesmers with rifle clones power build :bleep_bloop: