Do You Find The Game More Fun To Play Now Or Before Revamp

Lighter.5631

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im kinda torn, ima mesmer player, the "meta" builds are much more fun now, but every class is a fucking bunker now, to the point where I can legit land every single ability in my kit and people dont even lose half hp to it.so even tho the builds I am playing are much more fun to pilot, the slow pace of the game, bunkers and lack of damage are miserable.its like old scrapper exept everyone is a scrapper.or mb im biased cuz my class is garbage ¯\(ツ)

Before.Free.

Builds that weren't a problem have been punished because of the couple or few that were broken and could have been addessed individually.

Now others have been forced into a lame playstyle because in the case of some of these new builds, you can literally go full glass and still not be a threat because you now hit for pillow fight dmg.

I also l iked it before the changes. I know "competitive" players in the top skill tier like the changes because they can stay alive longer and no "lucky noob" can spike them down while they are busy fighting someone else. But that more fast paced thing just made it interesting for me. Since I don't care about kills/deaths and like the overall strategy and the mechanics of the maps in conquest.

The changes I think made power stuff weaker compared to conditions (while conditions didn't get touched that much) ... and conditions are just boring to play with - in my opinion/taste. (I know a lot disagree and think the opposite.)

The big patch drop followed by a competant dev team to fine tune and make design and coefficient changes to classes and skills that the patch effectively made under powered or useless would have been great but to no surprise that didn't happen, instead after bug patch we got small hyper focused changes to a small sum of classes that were being complained about excessively on the forums. The white knight streamers arnt helping either, but guess the big change good or bad at least makes for more content options. The pvp is far worse now than I've seen it in 6 years, that's only my opinion of course which many don't share so.....Ok mods ready for my next 5 day suspension :)

@Tayga.3192 said:I bet nobody will disagree if I said I don't wantScourge/Firebrand or2 SA thieves or2 Power revs or2 Condi mirages or2 fire/water weavers

I don't know scourge/firebrand was already gone before feb 25th, condi mirage was also gonepower rev takes more skill then condi rev and sa thief takes more skill then sa daredevil

power rev and sa core thief is 5x more fun to fight and to play then condi rev and sa daredevil right now

Anets attempt to lur us in to give spvp another try with the rewamp, has failed epicly.

SPVP gets less and less fun, and that's despite that I actually think the Rewamp helped. The lack of serious love for spvp is nowhere to be felt or seen on the forums, or with the small updates that has come out - Some thanks to Covid19 for that, but that doesn't change the picture of a big mess of a gamemode.

Balance continues to be terrible - It just shifted a bit.Anets communication on the future of SPVP, is also nowhere to be found.Bots, abuse, manipulation and what have we destroys the experience further.I struggle to see how it helps to put in 2v2 and 3v3 seasons when the overall gamemode is such a mess.Duel signup has too big an impact on the games - No? Ask why the "pro"-streamers don't solo quoue then?

Before. The game is still fun but I miss the edgey, fast-paced meta where a fight could go either way in Ranked and you could chew through survivable builds that are played slowly and passively. A good rotation kind of feels good these days but it's not the same.

@"Raiden The Beast.3016" said:Very nice review actually ?Approach failed? ... I had more fun before 25th "nice try" # Could anet cmc add something to this discussion... ?

Cal Cohen.2358Cal Cohen.2358 ArenaNet › ArenaNet November 19, 2019Rev is a class that's favored more by the best players, and the best players tend to win the monthly.

P.S sorry could not stop myself

Big update should have been followed by others but none came. So we are basically facing the unplanned consequences of this patch:

• stability nerfs gave room to more CC gameplay
  • power nerf gave room to either more condis or full berzerker gears
  • sustain-oriented builds seem to have an advantage on other builds, leading to endless fights (either you get farmed playing a more dpsi build, or you go hybrid, hence nullifying each other build)
  • Forgotten skills in the big update nerf are still running around (pets/lich/burn guard/etc.)

Don't get me wrong, I 200% support the philosophy of the big update, but I rate it 1/10 for the execution. The 9 points missing are the updates that should have followed.

Reason why I think it’s worse now is very simple the devs are taking way too long to fix problems and I would’ve rather them fix all the problems in 1 medium sized path than 1 or 2 specs changed because around the end of 2v2’s they had a mini patch fixing spellbreakers f1 damage hitting for more than it should, but left rangers pet hitting for more damage? And to be patched after a full regular season? If they fixed warrior and ranger at the same time I wouldn’t have this problem

Those who enjoyed prepatch game simply played specs with high sustain and burst dmg combined in a single build ...low risk=high reward builds

-25 might spam spellbreakers-soulbeast/core rangers-holosmiths-condi mirages, mirages in general-daredevils, deadeyes-symbolbrands

These specs had it all with a single build : condi clear/dmg and sustain with 3 traitlines enough to teamfight-sidenode-duel with a single build ( spellbreaker-holosmtih-symbolbrand-soulbeast/core ranger- condi mirage) or roam/duel like thieves.

Some like to mention "fire weaver" which at the time had already been nerfed with sword water/earth increased CD and primordial stance dmg nerf; by Feb 2020 the spec was already out of meta and barely played up to plat1 , relegated to "good" section on metabattle...

@"Arheundel.6451" said:Those who enjoyed prepatch game simply played specs with high sustain and burst dmg combined in a single build ...low risk=high reward builds

-25 might spam spellbreakers-soulbeast/core rangers-holosmiths-condi mirages, mirages in general-daredevils, deadeyes-symbolbrands

These specs had it all with a single build : condi clear/dmg and sustain with 3 traitlines enough to teamfight-sidenode-duel with a single build ( spellbreaker-holosmtih-symbolbrand-soulbeast/core ranger- condi mirage) or roam/duel like thieves.

Some like to mention "fire weaver" which at the time had already been nerfed with sword water/earth increased CD and primordial stance dmg nerf; by Feb 2020 the spec was already out of meta and barely played up to plat1 , relegated to "good" section on metabattle...

What are you talking about, look at warrior less might now, it does noodle damage, just because it gets 25might it's op. lulholosmith was already replaced by power rev before feb 25thcondi mirage was already nerfed before feb 25th and it will just need a bit more shavedaredevils deadeye was not played but core thiefsymbolbrand is less durable compared to now

spellbreaker dies to condition, specially when s/d condition daredevil existed, spellbreaker dies in 10 seconds. my s/d condition daredevil used to kill plat 3 warrior side node 1v1 with 100% health.holosmiths was a budget power rev and also dies fast to condition build.and power rev dies to conditionand soulbeast/core is more burst then side node and also dies to conditioncore thief was also more vulnerable to condi then daredevilyou know why condition s/d thief was strong and was nerfed? because people die to condition.These builds did not do everything,

your logic is way too flawed, because you have to determine a meta, power or cheese or bunker or mobility, and one thing becomes meta it will sure become the you so called "does everything" that's why it become meta. you just have to choose the meta that takes more skill and more fun. because there will always be "meta" aka "does everything" compared to non meta, when "does everything" aka "meta" does not exist, is when there's no skill involved but counter builds, win lose are determined by what build you choose at the start, because no build is optimal, then you may as well just play strategy games.