[Tool] TacO - Tactical Overlay

ReActif.9251

UPDATE OF MY PACKAGE

Added Episode 1 of Season 5 : "Whisper in the Dark"The bug related to API keys is still present and requires to avoid using them for the moment in order not to encounter any problems.More details to read in the news : https://www.heinze.fr/taco/?lang=en#news

• Modification of the position of the red dot on the notification highlight of the Trading Post in order to follow the new position of the icon of the Trading Post of Black Lion.
  • Timers update with the addition of the "Bjora Marches" map (based on API/Wiki information)
  • Adding travel assistance icons (Bouncing Mushrooms, etc) on the "Bjora Marches" map.
  • Correction of the icon position of the achievement icon "Jackal Reconnaissance" on "The Desolation" map. (this is only temporary until we can recreate more accurate markers for this achievement)
  • Addition of the following markers for episode 1 : "Whisper in the Dark" :
    • The Hunger
    • Bjora Marches Historian
    • Bjora Marches Insight: Aberrant Forest
    • Bjora Marches Insight: Asgeir's Legacy
    • Bjora Marches Insight: Fallen Mountain Overlook
    • Bjora Marches Insight: Ravenfrost Caverns
    • Bjora Marches Treasure Hunter
    • Constant Vigilance
    • Essence Looter
    • Essence Manipulation 101
    • Hunting Champions
    • Ice-Bound
    • Just Resting
    • Legendary Boneskinner
    • Raven Lens Scholar
    • Legendary High Shaman
    • Legendary Voice of the Fallen and Claw of the Fallen
    • Lighting the Forest
    • Lighting the Frozen Pass
    • Lighting the Legacy
    • Lighting the Mountains
    • Luminary
    • Mysteries of the Raven Sanctum
    • Stop Hitting Yourself
    • Supernatural
    • Hidden: Everyone's a Critic
    • Hidden: Give In
    • Hidden: Sweet Surrender

Download : https://www.heinze.fr/taco/?lang=enMore details on file changes : https://www.heinze.fr/taco/doc/patchnotes.phpComplete list of available markers : https://www.heinze.fr/taco/doc/markerslist_en.php

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone, i downloaded the latest version and followed the guide, but once i launch the game i can't seem to find or see the Taco menu icon. Also i can't find the place to add the API key for it. Help would be much appreciatted. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I figured it out. Now i just need to figure out how to turn of the stuff i already completed.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay IDK where or how to contact the developer or anyone who is able to help help. So far Taco is amazing but I just have two issues.

1: First action key (1) keeps placing markers while gliding. I have no idea how to turn this off or if this is a bug...2: Since the markers are placed somewhere high up in the air I have no way to remove them besides trying to glide over that place and trying to hit (-) at the exact location. Imagine the frustration if you have to do this like 20 times if you're lucky...

Any help or solution?

@"peppe.6015" said:1: First action key (1) keeps placing markers while gliding. I have no idea how to turn this off or if this is a bug...When TacO is running you can change the keybinds in the settings menu.

2: Since the markers are placed somewhere high up in the air I have no way to remove them besides trying to glide over that place and trying to hit (-) at the exact location. Imagine the frustration if you have to do this like 20 times if you're lucky...The markers are saved in "poidata.xml" which you can find in the folder the TacO executable is located in. Close TacO and either delete the file to remove all markers you have set or open the file in any text editor to remove specific markers (and then save the changes of course). Sometimes markers I removed reappear (which might be just me doing something wrong :shrug:) so restart TacO and see if you can still see the markers in-game.

@"keenedge.9675" said:Since I don't see an Anet approval here, I wonder how TACO is legal.

For it to follow camera view, it must peek gw2.exe to get that info. There is no API to give current player camera view or location so fluidly, if at all.

Peeking GW2.exe IS against the TOS.

The legal (and local) API that you are looking for is https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/API:MumbleLink

This API was indeed originally for positional audio (by tweaking the volume and stereophonic balance) but it has so many other interesting uses.Disclaimer: I have never tried TacO but I assume that it uses the Mumble API because I don't see how it could track positions otherwise.

• 1 month later...

For all specific question, etc, only the dev can reply.I can only say this thing, the overlay need Dx11 to display the interface, and the dev reply this on the blog :

No. TacO uses the Mumble Link API, which is not currently supported by the mac GW2 client. And even if that was fixed, TacO is built on DirectX, which is not available on mac. Because of this, and the size of the engine that TacO is actually built upon, porting would require significant effort. That would only be possible if I even owned a mac. But I don't.

For the question how it work :He uses the MumbleLink API to retrieve the position of your character and the camera.He will use this data to calculate the position and size of visible markers.The rest is many many calculation to put marker at the good place, and size.

For all questions, you have to go back to your blog or the FAQ I rewrote, and if the answers aren't already there, only the developer will be able to answer with a direct message on Reddit.

But for why only Windows ?

TacO uses the Mumble Link API, which is not currently supported by the mac GW2 client. And even if that was fixed, TacO is built on DirectX, which is not available on mac. Because of this, and the size of the engine that TacO is actually built upon, porting would require significant effort. That would only be possible if I even owned a mac. But I don't.

For the question how it work :He uses the MumbleLink API to retrieve the position of your character and the camera.He will use this data to calculate the position and size of visible markers.The rest is many many calculation to put marker at the good place, and size.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I installed it yesterday and I love the exploration help, it's amazing. Esp. with the different colors and paths. Esp. for the mastery points.

Did Crystal Oasis and the mastery point at Glint's Legacy is imo too hard your way. One has to use the springer to jump onto a tiny ledge at a little over max. height. My springer appeared to jump 1-2 meter too short. Next is the danger when you fall down, you fall into 2-3 mobs +canon. I gave it up after 10 tries and did it that way:

also with springer - was easier, safer and faster. Got it first try. Maybe consider it.

• 4 months later...

Hello, digging up this post cause I just installed Gw2 Taco ReActif and I notice that the icon for taco displays over the trading post icon.Found an old post on reddit about this where there supposedly was a patch to download but link is dead. Tried to fix this myself by updating the UI_small.css file (this is the one I use) to change the left value of MenuButton to 288px but the icon doesn't display anymore after restarting Taco so I'm thinking there must be something else to fix.Anyone know of a fix ?

Edit : nevermind, I fixed it, I forgot to increase width property of MenuHoverBox to 317px so the MenuButton was outside of the box and did not display. Leaving it here though in case anyone has the same problem, or if you want to include the fix in next release.

• 6 months later...

I know this is an old post but anyone know how to have more then just the heart of thorn map...
I have the last version of the tool/overlay and i do not have path of fire or any other map...
Timer/Collection/Meta all are HOT.

Edited by Trimlys.7091

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/30/2021 at 4:27 AM, Trimlys.7091 said:

I know this is an old post but anyone know how to have more then just the heart of thorn map...
I have the last version of the tool/overlay and i do not have path of fire or any other map...
Timer/Collection/Meta all are HOT.

You use the official version i presume.
Try my version "TacO ReActif" (take the complete version)

External packs in the form of a .ZIP or .TACO like all packs, only contain the markers. To provide players with updated timers or translations, I offer complete versions that contain TacO with the updated files, either in the form of an automatic installer (to be preferred because during the updates the installer recognizes a previous version and updates the files without touching the configuration) or a ZIP file.

PS: The executable of the "Gw2TacO.exe" tool is that of the official site and is not modified.

----

Information : TacO ReActif was updated to the lastest version : 051.2863r

1. Compatibility for GW2 with DirectX 11
  2. Bug fixes
  3. Improvements
Edited by ReActif.9251