Upgradeable Weapons

Jong.5937

So,

• Do we know for sure that illuminated boreal weapons are not going to be upgraded further, eg. to ascended??
  • Do we know the Tengu Echo weapons can be safely salvaged? (they do not say that we are to expect them to be upgradeable)
  • To Anet: any chance we could stop this being a thing and just allow the upgraded versions to be acquired if you have the basic version unlocked in a collection as previously! :)

I've now got three full sets of weapons sitting around in bags on an alt, 2 of them "just in case". Even having to keep one set hanging around for upgrades feels unnecessary, especially as there was a more player-friendly way before. having to keep three is "excessive" xD .

Thanks for the clear and concise answers :D

But, if I may probe, any source for the info on the Tengu weapons, because a good old Google search came up empty. Would not surprise me if they put the warning on one set and not the other!

In some ways the warning is worse than what they did before. With no warning they had to provide a way to buy from a merchant at negligible cost. This time I am seeing reports from several people who salvaged without scanning the description for special text! They are probably out of luck this time around.

@Jong.5937 said:Thanks for the clear and concise answers :D

But, if I may probe, any source for the info on the Tengu weapons, because a good old Google search came up empty. Would not surprise me if they put the warning on one set and not the other!

In some ways the warning is worse than what they did before. With no warning they had to provide a way to buy from a merchant at negligible cost. This time I am seeing reports from several people who salvaged without scanning the description for special text! They are probably out of luck this time around.

Well, even if they come back and say the Tengu weapons can be upgraded, give it a few days of player outrage on the forums, and then ANET will introduce a vendor that will let you repurchase Tengu weapons for 10s + 50 war supplies or something.