Make Sword of Justice a 'whirl' finisher

mrauls.6519

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@"Lonewolf Kai.3682" said:I say let’s revert the whole spirit weapons back to AI skills! ?

No, really. I want them back. It was fun having an extra GS and Hammer with you.

I 100% agree, make Eternal Armory give them an increased attack speed and burn when they hit. I legit liked having them float around behind me. The command skill for them should still be the ground targeted versions now though. Let Eternal Armory still give the command skill an extra cast before the weapon is de-summoned.

It sounds cooler for sure, but were they destructible? In the AoE spam fest that is WvW, Guardian wouldn't be better off with their own version of an engy turret or warband spirit....course then ANET might classify Spirit Weapons as 'wells' huehue

Sure why not. Lets make them wells.

And then after players get defeated by Guards running Rune of the Chronomancer, we'll see more threads like:

:trollface:

:trollface: I thought of that as soon as you mentioned wells lol.

@otto.5684 said:

@Arken.3725 said:It's not about dodges, do an ingame test and you'll see what I mean when I say the cast-time in combination with the startup is long enough to where you can just walk out of it. It's very hard to land.

Yu speak as if Guards have no tools to lock down people so that they eat the full SoJ.People don't just drop SoJ on people all random, they time it as a burst together with Scepter 3, Signet of Wrath, Lesser Signet of Wrath, Firebrand's Weighty Terms.

It's so easy to land SoJ on someone once yur Immobilize lands.

You just described silver sPvP. GL with that in P1+. There is a reason why you would never see SoJ in 1,500+ games.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 Concentrations, beside the reflect wall, in some PvE instances, there is not a place to use them. Surely not in sPvP. Even the burn one got phased out in favor of SoJ for condi builds.

Shouts, I think they are close to some viability. I use Save Yourselves in OW PvE all the time. It is better than Bane Signet, unless you have 100% retaliation. If they reduce its CD by 10 secs it should be good in PvP. Feel my Wrath is PvE meta. It never will for PvP, and that is fine. Retreat base CD should be drastically reduced. Stand Your Ground was a good choice in many situations with 30 sec CD. 45 renders it useless. Hold the line is garbage. Again, could be good if CD is reduced by 10 secs. I have heard that receive the light is somewhat used in WvW. It is a terrible heal everywhere else. The honor trait should do something other than or on top of 1 condi removal.

Signets, bane is okay. Mercy should lose the instant rez (all skills on all classes should). Wrath is used for passive in PvE. The heal is terrible. Long CD, long activation time and useless passive. The elite... has some uses. Signet of Judgment, useless. The active part is so underwhelming. They should either remove the burn or retaliation, while increasing what the left. Burn and retaliation never go together. And in such small quantities, they are obsolete. Perfect Inscriptions, they could increase the duration in PvP.

there is a guy with 5 accs in legend using soj and mutiple guards in p3 using itnot saying you land every soj but its 4 charges, 16 cd and does like average 10k dmg its insane

@Koen.1327 said:

@Arken.3725 said:It's not about dodges, do an ingame test and you'll see what I mean when I say the cast-time in combination with the startup is long enough to where you can just walk out of it. It's very hard to land.

Yu speak as if Guards have no tools to lock down people so that they eat the full SoJ.People don't just drop SoJ on people all random, they time it as a burst together with Scepter 3, Signet of Wrath, Lesser Signet of Wrath, Firebrand's Weighty Terms.

You just described silver sPvP. GL with that in P1+. There is a reason why you would never see SoJ in 1,500+ games.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 Concentrations, beside the reflect wall, in some PvE instances, there is not a place to use them. Surely not in sPvP. Even the burn one got phased out in favor of SoJ for condi builds.

Shouts, I think they are close to some viability. I use Save Yourselves in OW PvE all the time. It is better than Bane Signet, unless you have 100% retaliation. If they reduce its CD by 10 secs it should be good in PvP. Feel my Wrath is PvE meta. It never will for PvP, and that is fine. Retreat base CD should be drastically reduced. Stand Your Ground was a good choice in many situations with 30 sec CD. 45 renders it useless. Hold the line is garbage. Again, could be good if CD is reduced by 10 secs. I have heard that receive the light is somewhat used in WvW. It is a terrible heal everywhere else. The honor trait should do something other than or on top of 1 condi removal.

Signets, bane is okay. Mercy should lose the instant rez (all skills on all classes should). Wrath is used for passive in PvE. The heal is terrible. Long CD, long activation time and useless passive. The elite... has some uses. Signet of Judgment, useless. The active part is so underwhelming. They should either remove the burn or retaliation, while increasing what the left. Burn and retaliation never go together. And in such small quantities, they are obsolete. Perfect Inscriptions, they could increase the duration in PvP.

there is a guy with 5 accs in legend using soj and mutiple guards in p3 using itnot saying you land every soj but its 4 charges, 16 cd and does like average 10k dmg its insane

Not like leading a target isn't a thing either.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 Concentrations, beside the reflect wall, in some PvE instances, there is not a place to use them. Surely not in sPvP. Even the burn one got phased out in favor of SoJ for condi builds.They all have uses, they're just very situational. They are more usable in WvW, but other things are more important to take.Shouts, I think they are close to some viability. I use Save Yourselves in OW PvE all the time. It is better than Bane Signet, unless you have 100% retaliation. If they reduce its CD by 10 secs it should be good in PvP. Feel my Wrath is PvE meta. It never will for PvP, and that is fine. Retreat base CD should be drastically reduced. Stand Your Ground was a good choice in many situations with 30 sec CD. 45 renders it useless. Hold the line is garbage. Again, could be good if CD is reduced by 10 secs. I have heard that receive the light is somewhat used in WvW. It is a terrible heal everywhere else. The honor trait should do something other than or on top of 1 condi removal.Stand Your Ground is still a group stunbreak with group stab and group retaliation. The 45s CD was imposed for a reason. Although I agree that they made several CDs across the classes too long. Guardian shouts all feel like they take too long on CD to feel useful.Signets, bane is okay. Mercy should lose the instant rez (all skills on all classes should). Wrath is used for passive in PvE. The heal is terrible. Long CD, long activation time and useless passive. The elite... has some uses. Signet of Judgment, useless. The active part is so underwhelming. They should either remove the burn or retaliation, while increasing what the left. Burn and retaliation never go together. And in such small quantities, they are obsolete. Perfect Inscriptions, they could increase the duration in PvP.Mmm... I use the heal and elite just fine. But then I play DH and take a focus and thus have several means to cover the cast times, always feels good landing the group full heal in the middle of a tight fight. Not that I would complain if Anet did a pass over them to tweak them some.

Btw, for the heal mantra I was referring to the heal skill not the elite. I do not think the elite is bad. The heal definitely is, in every context, and always was.

As for Stand you Ground in sPvP, most builds did not slot it pre the Feb patch. I was one of the few people who preferred it over JI on power core (smite and CoP are a must). But I play weird builds. I used to play zeal/radiance/valor in core hay day, when everyone used virtues instead of zeal. Core power as a whole is not PvP viable now. The zeal variant in particular is absolutely dead. And there are significantly better utilities to use on every build. At 30 secs it was in contention for a slot. There is not any possible sPvP build that would consider it nowadays.

I know this drifted away from SoJ.

@otto.5684 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 Concentrations, beside the reflect wall, in some PvE instances, there is not a place to use them. Surely not in sPvP. Even the burn one got phased out in favor of SoJ for condi builds.They all have uses, they're just very situational. They are more usable in WvW, but other things are more important to take.Shouts, I think they are close to some viability. I use Save Yourselves in OW PvE all the time. It is better than Bane Signet, unless you have 100% retaliation. If they reduce its CD by 10 secs it should be good in PvP. Feel my Wrath is PvE meta. It never will for PvP, and that is fine. Retreat base CD should be drastically reduced. Stand Your Ground was a good choice in many situations with 30 sec CD. 45 renders it useless. Hold the line is garbage. Again, could be good if CD is reduced by 10 secs. I have heard that receive the light is somewhat used in WvW. It is a terrible heal everywhere else. The honor trait should do something other than or on top of 1 condi removal.Stand Your Ground is still a group stunbreak with group stab and group retaliation. The 45s CD was imposed for a reason. Although I agree that they made several CDs across the classes too long. Guardian shouts all feel like they take too long on CD to feel useful.Signets, bane is okay. Mercy should lose the instant rez (all skills on all classes should). Wrath is used for passive in PvE. The heal is terrible. Long CD, long activation time and useless passive. The elite... has some uses. Signet of Judgment, useless. The active part is so underwhelming. They should either remove the burn or retaliation, while increasing what the left. Burn and retaliation never go together. And in such small quantities, they are obsolete. Perfect Inscriptions, they could increase the duration in PvP.Mmm... I use the heal and elite just fine. But then I play DH and take a focus and thus have several means to cover the cast times, always feels good landing the group full heal in the middle of a tight fight. Not that I would complain if Anet did a pass over them to tweak them some.

Btw, for the heal mantra I was referring to the heal skill not the elite. I do not think the elite is bad. The heal definitely is, in every context, and always was.Ah I thought you were talking about the signets. Heal mantra is garbage.As for Stand you Ground in sPvP, most builds did not slot it pre the Feb patch. I was one of the few people who preferred it over JI on power core (smite and CoP are a must). But I play weird builds. I used to play zeal/radiance/valor in core hay day, when everyone used virtues instead of zeal. Core power as a whole is not PvP viable now. The zeal variant in particular is absolutely dead. And there are significantly better utilities to use on every build. At 30 secs it was in contention for a slot. There is not any possible sPvP build that would consider it nowadays.

I know this drifted away from SoJ.

Significantly drifted.

Your face....jk.

In response to leading targets and fighting over points, all points are the size of 240, if not bigger than SoJ so it's still avoidable. Also, I'm still recommending people to see how hard it is to land and that leading someone into it is still insanely difficult due to the issues I stated earlier.