Do you care about the score?

Other:

Somehow I've two modes:

• when I play (Gw2 incl. WvW, which is around 1-3 month per year), I don't really care about the score. If at all, I prefer not winning, to avoid more enemies in the next week.
  • but I also use site's like http://gw2stats.com/matchups (independent if I play or if I am in GW2-break), and I like to see my server winning especially the first skirmish of a match, similar to some people watching their favoured sport team in TV or newspapers.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Ring of Fire is almost perma T1 and we have a habit of owning Stonemist a lot. Camping Stonemist is the absolute fastest way on average to gain ranks, especially with boosters you can easily hit 20-30 ranks a day. So, score matters. If we're linked with an ass server I don't see myself having enough time altogether in my life to get the leggy WvW armour, which I like very much.

Also, PIPS, PIPS, PIPS, PIPS and PIPS please and thanks.

The only thing that I care about scores is to not be red next week.Desert is the worst map design ever. Ppl hate it - its usually the map with least players on. Devs hate it - compared to Alphine or EB, amount of glitches, bugs, not working textures is hillarious. Id rather cut myself than play a class using teleports on red border.

I would appreciate if Anet would implement something like the winner of the matchup is rewarded with 1 coin. With 10 coins you can buy a ascending armor piece with a special skin or something like that just for the shake of creating a need to win the matchup. No need to differentiate if you win a T1 matchup or a T5 matchup since the tiers don’t represent the serverskill. Yes I can already buy ascending stuff but this is not tied to winning the matchup. There needs to be something exclusive!

Yes, and my experience is people who say they don't care about the score actually care about the score. That's why if they log on to see they've been wiped off the map they log off quickly too (I clearly remember this happened to SoR in season 1 of WvW), if a T3 objective gets attacked they will come to defend instead of fight whoever is in front of them, etc.

@Jeydra.4386 said:Yes, and my experience is people who say they don't care about the score actually care about the score. That's why if they log on to see they've been wiped off the map they log off quickly too (I clearly remember this happened to SoR in season 1 of WvW), if a T3 objective gets attacked they will come to defend instead of fight whoever is in front of them, etc.

I think this described it perfectly:

Its like going to the sports ground and have a random football match. You dont get rewards for winning, you dont really care much if your team wins 5:3 or loses 3:5. But nonetheless, you still try to score goals, because thats the game.

First, It means nothing but numbers.Second, winning or losing MU means nothing. The winner doesn't get reward for winning the MU. Whats the point then?Third, it was a thing caring about winning the MU because we have tournaments back in the days. Now? Its like playing unranked PvP.

@Jeydra.4386 said:Yes, and my experience is people who say they don't care about the score actually care about the score. That's why if they log on to see they've been wiped off the map they log off quickly too (I clearly remember this happened to SoR in season 1 of WvW), if a T3 objective gets attacked they will come to defend instead of fight whoever is in front of them, etc.

Yep. There are many on these forums that talk about how winning doesn't matter.... then incessantly talks about it.

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:It’s interesting. After 84 votes 2/3’s said ‘No’ yet many of the responses note that the scores do matter.

I think most assumed I meant ‘caring about winning’.

I think most aren't honest, even with themselves.

Yep. There are many on these forums that talk about how winning doesn't matter.... then incessantly talks about it.

Its fascinating that even if a poll shows exactly, that basically no one cares about some silly numbers, there are still people like you who try to make it fit their opinion. Keep telling yourself that everyone is lying

@Senqu.8054 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:It’s interesting. After 84 votes 2/3’s said ‘No’ yet many of the responses note that the scores do matter.

Its fascinating that even if a poll shows exactly, that basically no one cares about some silly numbers, there are still people like you who try to make it fit their opinion. Keep telling yourself that everyone is lying

But you're making your assumption based on a poll, which is also some silly numbers that almost nobody cares about.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

But you're making your assumption based on a poll, which is also some silly numbers that almost nobody cares about.

You just try to turn words around. The „silly numbers“ referred to the score in WvW, you know that, I know that, everyone knows that.

And you wanna tell me now that they are not telling the truth is reasonable? Yes polls are biased, but it’s the best and only source we have to collect such informations.

@Senqu.8054 said:

You just try to turn words around. The „silly numbers“ referred to the score in WvW, you know that, I know that, everyone knows that.

And you wanna tell me now that they are not telling the truth is reasonable? Yes polls are biased, but it’s the best and only source we have to collect such informations.

Forum goers represent only a small minority of users. Heck, there's no way to even verify if they even play wvw regularly. I mean, it's a good source of entertainment, but passing it off as anything resembling the truth is just relying on silly numbers. Hence the irony.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

Forum goers represent only a small minority of users. Heck, there's no way to even verify if they even play wvw regularly. I mean, it's a good source of entertainment, but passing it off as anything resembling the truth is just relying on silly numbers. Hence the irony.

Well it has still more value then the statement that the most who voted yes are not telling the truth, don’t you think?

We don't really know how many play wvw now. Not including eotm

At max if pop is supposedly 80 x 4 that's 320 per server x no. Of servers (24+27) x 12 hours let assume player plays 2 hours at a time

1. And we know this not to be true for now since we don't have 24 7 q and some guys play more than 2 hours and others less.

I'm pretty sure less than 1% is posting etc.

Pls correct my math if wrong I'm estimating

80x4x12x51=?

Let's say max pop is less then my estimate should be less 2. You can also adjust variables like how long players play. Etc. So it definitely won't be more than 195840

@"Sovereign.1093" said:We don't really know how many play wvw now. Not including eotm

At max if pop is supposedly 80 x 4 that's 320 per server x no. Of servers (24+27) x 12 hours let assume player plays 2 hours at a time

1. And we know this not to be true for now since we don't have 24 7 q and some guys play more than 2 hours and others less.

80x4x12x51=?

Let's say max pop is less then my estimate should be less 2. You can also adjust variables like how long players play. Etc. So it definitely won't be more than 195840

I think you should take in calculation that the servers are linked here so instead of multiplying it by the amount of servers you should multiplay by 3 for the amount of „Worlds“ in one tier and then by the number of tiers. Second I don’t understand why you multiply it by the hours if you want a value that expresses the amount of players who play wvw.

Max players per Map x Number of Maps x Worlds per Tier x Tiers = Max amount of players who can play at the same time.

80 x 4 x 3 x 9 = 8640

If you want to be generous we can say that approximately 2 times the amount of these players are playing WvW so 17280 and we can truly say that 17280 WvW players is calculated very very generously.

I'm pretty sure less than 1% is posting etc.

To be a representative poll you need more informations thats right, but in terms of surveys that aim for a target group of 10.000 people, only 385 answers are needed to have a 5% margin of errors. This should not mean that the poll is not biased but it is by far better then asking in game chat...

@Senqu.8054 said:

Well it has still more value then the statement that the most who voted yes are not telling the truth, don’t you think?

Polls are far from.the only evidence.There's whole servers that ppt themselves into matches they know they'll hate. They know fully that their actions are directly contradictory to their own interests yet they won't stop, they keep flipping. That sort of behavior indicates a delusion.

Did some of those nonstop ppters on a server with no chance in t1 vote no on this poll? Without doubt

@LetoII.3782 said:

Polls are far from.the only evidence.There's whole servers that ppt themselves into matches they know they'll hate. They know fully that their actions are directly contradictory to their own interests yet they won't stop, they keep flipping. That sort of behavior indicates a delusion.

Did some of those nonstop ppters on a server with no chance in t1 vote no on this poll? Without doubt

And there are also the servers who tank their way 3 tiers down... that’s why it is hard to gain any relevant data from observations like this one.

I don’t really see what this has to do with my statement that it is wrong to say that most who voted „no“ are not telling the truth...

@Senqu.8054 said:

@"Jeydra.4386" said:Yes, and my experience is people who say they don't care about the score actually care about the score. That's why if they log on to see they've been wiped off the map they log off quickly too (I clearly remember this happened to SoR in season 1 of WvW), if a T3 objective gets attacked they will come to defend instead of fight whoever is in front of them, etc.

And there are also the servers who tank their way 3 tiers down... that’s why it is hard to gain any relevant data from observations like this one.

Some people understand the score for what it is, a match placement device.

And use it as such.

I don’t really see what this has to do with my statement that it is wrong to say that most who voted „no“ are not telling the truth...

The poll indicates that 7 in 10 are among the group I mentioned in my first statement. But the comments in this thread belay that assertion, much less actual wvw gameplay. Cognitive dissonance, actions betraying words.

Is it "lie" that you object to?