Any cool WvW news or updates that can be discussed or shared?

Swagger.1459

@Excursion.9752 said:You mean something like:

• New/improved tactics
  • the ability to change the layout and shape of towers and keeps
  • Reducing the damage on Arrow carts and Dragon banners
  • Bring blood lust shrines to EBG and place them in caves along the outsides the map and only allow up to 3 people from each Faction in at a time. You know something for the roamers
  • Alliances
  • Release a PvP/WvW festival
  • Make all legendary trinkets obtainable
  • Make Emblem of the Avenger a valid currency or perhaps a part of the legendary trinkets components
  • Since war claw is not going any where how about some mount finishers
  • Schedule regular events like core swap/no down state/golem rush for at least 1 week per server link.

oooooh that was just my personal wish list.

Here let me list out what actually will happen:

• N/A

I like the idea of changing layout and shape of objectives. Even just add some cosmetic upgrade. Recently watched some eso wvw and i love the look of keeps there, walls are huuge, not like in gw2

@"Swagger.1459" said:Maybe Alliance news? Maybe some profession improvement updates? Maybe next paradigm phase thoughts and possible direction? Maybe stuff that's being looked at or considered?

I asked this in the Livestream chat and the devs said they can't say anything about what's in "the pipeline", but they can chat about what you'd like to see [but never will] (about 5 mins from the end).https://www.twitch.tv/videos/641384478

This was a great livestream, the players bombarded the devs with questions from start to finish. They got a proper grilling.

I get the impression that the players are DESPERATE for anything new for WvW.

• 2 weeks later...

@"XenesisII.1540" said:An update... not on wvw... ok a different wvw... ok not a different wvw... the wvw killer! finally! after all these years!... ok no not really...

Does it have ONE class with Perma Stealth? Or Could do crazy dps while stealth? And getting hit does not break stealth? And highly mobile?If not then I'm not interested.

@"XenesisII.1540" said:An update... not on wvw... ok a different wvw... ok not a different wvw... the wvw killer! finally! after all these years!... ok no not really...Yeah that's the hilarious video which shows everyone how these "new and amazing" MMOs with their "modern" engines arent really that much better... if not worse. Look at the animations on players 10-20 meters away and just laugh. Sure it's alpha - sure GW2 had culling issues - but that is really something else in terms of "optimization", literally turning players into 2 fps stopmotion characters. There's not even close to large player numbers on screen. I can only remember seeing similar behaviour out of the first couple of Total War games in "full" 3D (distant characters became 2D sprites because it couldnt handle the numbers).

@"XenesisII.1540" said:An update... not on wvw... ok a different wvw... ok not a different wvw... the wvw killer! finally! after all these years!... ok no not really...

This made me sad.All that money and they still couldn't take a chance and break the mold.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"XenesisII.1540" said:An update... not on wvw... ok a different wvw... ok not a different wvw... the wvw killer! finally! after all these years!... ok no not really...Yeah that's the hilarious video which shows everyone how these "new and amazing" MMOs with their "modern" engines arent really that much better... if not worse. Look at the animations on players 10-20 meters away and just
laugh
. Sure it's alpha - sure GW2 had culling issues - but that is really something else in terms of "optimization", literally turning players into 2 fps stopmotion characters. There's not even close to large player numbers on screen. I can only remember seeing similar behaviour out of the first couple of Total War games in "full" 3D (distant characters became 2D sprites because it couldnt handle the numbers).

@Dawdler.8521 just a small note.Animations,, models riggin, better effects and renders all of these pre alpha and alpha games, are to pre mature to be criticize, its not even in afully lpha state, its a demonstration before anything reach even alpha.Look at pre alpha and alpha tons of ashes of creation for example, and compare with the beta for example, they got more effects animations and less clunky.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@"XenesisII.1540" said:An update... not on wvw... ok a different wvw... ok not a different wvw... the wvw killer! finally! after all these years!... ok no not really...Yeah that's the hilarious video which shows everyone how these "new and amazing" MMOs with their "modern" engines arent really that much better... if not worse. Look at the animations on players 10-20 meters away and just
laugh
. Sure it's alpha - sure GW2 had culling issues - but that is really something else in terms of "optimization", literally turning players into 2 fps stopmotion characters. There's not even close to large player numbers on screen. I can only remember seeing similar behaviour out of the first couple of Total War games in "full" 3D (distant characters became 2D sprites because it couldnt handle the numbers).

@Dawdler.8521 just a small note.Animations,, models riggin, better effects and renders all of these pre alpha and alpha games, are to pre mature to be criticize, its not even in afully lpha state, its a demonstration before anything reach even alpha.Look at pre alpha and alpha tons of ashes of creation for example, and compare with the beta for example, they got more effects animations and less clunky.

They're calling it an alpha.But, they're less than two months from launch.They don't have time to change anything major even if they wanted to. The devs have bluntly stated they're in the polishing only stage.

Hence this isn't an alpha, it's not even a beta, it's a rough draft demo of the end product. The game you saw is the game you're getting.

@LetoII.3782 said:

laugh

They're calling it an alpha.But, they're less than two months from launch.They don't have time to change anything major even if they wanted to. The devs have bluntly stated they're in the polishing only stage.

Hence this isn't an alpha, it's not even a beta, it's a rough draft demo of the end product. The game you saw is the game you're getting.

Didnt kew they were releasing it this year, was expecting a bit more development.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

laugh

Didnt kew they were releasing it this year, was expecting a bit more development.

Bummer I know.Feel the same way, Bezos money and that's their best shot?

@LetoII.3782 said:

laugh

But wait... CU is coming!! So is CF!!!

They’ll be released about the same time as alliances....

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

laugh

But wait... CU is coming!! So is CF!!!

They’ll be released about the same time as alliances....

My bets are towards AoC(ashes of creation, when wvw fuses with pve)

@Blackhawk.3951 said:

@"Dawdler.8521" said:Didnt you see the LS announcement?

They havent had time for alliances because they're adding WvW to PvE.

True end game... dissolve wvw and put alliances in a pve map...

Already partially done in Drizzlewood Coast map. Attention: Rich Orichalcum Vein mining node included!Well, events are nice there and fits the Charr civil war theme nicely, but the level-design of the map is .. somewhat weird for my taste. Idk if its the unbelievable water (for example when compared with believable water locations in Queensdale map), scale of the map or something else, it just feels a little weird for me.

Speaking about its impact on WvW game mode, I have a hope (I should probably call it rather as "wish" than a "hope") that it can actually encourage some curious PvE players to at least try enter the WvW mode to actually see whats happening in the "real" WvW gameplay and maybe start to play WvW mode too. You know, 1 or 2 new WvW players are still better than 0. Small and weird hope, I know.