buying gems

i usually buy gems from trusted third party. because i dont have any credit card or paypal. i wanna buy another gems but for some reason its out of stock. i asked the reseller then they said it has been runnin out of stock for a while. i try searchin for another third party reseller but all are out of stock. is there a problem from anet? or is it just my country?

It could be a supply problem. Because of covid-19 many areas are restricted and many non-essential jobs aren't being done, there's also problems moving things between countries because of quarentine restrictions, so all kinds of deliveries are taking longer and happening less often.

It could also be increased demand. A lot of people have started playing GW2 (and probably all other MMOs) recently, looking for something to do when so many things are closed so there's lots of new and returning players, meaning more people to buy gems.

Or it could be a combination of both those things, and other factors. I know gem cards have been hard to find in the past, either in specific countries or everywhere. Hopefully more will be available later on.

In my area (EUROPE) I found some gem sellers, but the price they sell to them is twice the price compared to what ARENANET offers in game. Unfortunately I can't buy gems in game because the payment services don't work. I have tried both with PAYPAL and directly with a credit card, but I receive a negative response from the system. I have opened a ticket and I hope to receive a response from support.

I am having the same issue. I bought the game fine, I got Gems after i had the game fine, and now all of a sudden Anet does not want my money. I'm trying to purchase $100 and it's giving a super fast flash screen error and reverts back to the payment area. MY bank said my card is fine. I've made a Ticket and waiting for a GM to answer. With this said, i've also done a lot of research and seen many forums going back to 2018 on this issue. I absolutely was shocked to see Representatives in the forums saying "Did you make a ticket?" and claiming each case is different.

Hog Wash! I ran a business for many years, and also did Rental properties and i had multiple ways to take credit card payments and the only time it wouldn't go through is if the card was declined due to not having funds. Period. I'm very disturbed by what i read, pages and pages of ANet reps saying things like "Each case is different" and asking everyone to make a ticket. This is absurd. That isn't how this works. Yes i understand sometimes firewalls on a computer cause problems, but you can get a credit card reading for your phone these days and charge people! Why can't ANet? I wanted to say this because I know! I ran 2 businesses that take CC information.

This should have been fixed ages ago. It's 2020 now. Come on!!

@"Tzion.7869" said:I am having the same issue. I bought the game fine, I got Gems after i had the game fine, and now all of a sudden Anet does not want my money. I'm trying to purchase $100 and it's giving a super fast flash screen error and reverts back to the payment area. MY bank said my card is fine. I've made a Ticket and waiting for a GM to answer. With this said, i've also done a lot of research and seen many forums going back to 2018 on this issue. I absolutely was shocked to see Representatives in the forums saying "Did you make a ticket?" and claiming each case is different.

Hog Wash! I ran a business for many years, and also did Rental properties and i had multiple ways to take credit card payments and the only time it wouldn't go through is if the card was declined due to not having funds. Period. I'm very disturbed by what i read, pages and pages of ANet reps saying things like "Each case is different" and asking everyone to make a ticket. This is absurd. That isn't how this works. Yes i understand sometimes firewalls on a computer cause problems, but you can get a credit card reading for your phone these days and charge people! Why can't ANet? I wanted to say this because I know! I ran 2 businesses that take CC information.

This should have been fixed ages ago. It's 2020 now. Come on!!

Your beef is with the payment provider, Digital River; not ArenaNet.If you did your research, you would find all the different reasons that the purchase may be declined, as well. It's not just one.

@dukenukem.9072 said:I don't know if you're willing, but you could buy a prepaid debit card and load funds into it. Then buy the gems in game.

Another option I once used was to load a prepaid Paypal card at a vendor. The prepaid debit card has just as many fees. If you load an amount onto them, it can cost you about $4 to $5 if I remember. That said, you could also try to apply for a secured credit card by paying a security deposit, if you are old enough to sign for one. Much easier and cheaper as long as you make your payments. Helps you build credit. They usually do return your deposit after you prove yourself. Something to consider.

ArenaNet probably should look into cash payment options, if they can. They are really barebones. Maybe put digital code distribution on Amazon like how Nintendo does? Maybe then people can just use Amazon gift cards or something. Just spitballing.

For the moment there is only silence from the support. 10 days ago I opened a ticket to report the problem with all the payment methods in the game. The problem is not related to the single credit card, since I tried several cards from different banks. I want to spend money on the game and the game won't allow me to. I have no intention of spending twice as much on third party suppliers.

Same issues. Ticket sent. I am a returning player after almost 4 years. Seems I remember these issues years ago too. I dont remember what resolved them back then. If its a Digital River issue then ArenaNet should have fired them years ago.People wanting to spend money here and they make it so difficult. Ridiculous.

@Evenge.4067 said:Same issues. Ticket sent. I am a returning player after almost 4 years. Seems I remember these issues years ago too. I dont remember what resolved them back then. If its a Digital River issue then ArenaNet should have fired them years ago.People wanting to spend money here and they make it so difficult. Ridiculous.

i submitted a ticket as well to anet asking some questions about this problem. and they said that they dont know why the 2000 gems isnt available. so my guess is that gems selling thingy isnt anet problem. its digital river problem.

• 2 weeks later...

The TEAM SUPPORT finally answered my ticket this week, warning me that in a few hours they would solve the problem. Fortunately they have met the deadlines and for a few days I can finally come back to buy gems on the store within the game. I immediately tried to buy 8,000 gems with PAYPAL and the purchase was successful. This time the TEAM has solved the problem. Thanks. :3

• 4 weeks later...

@Angel.3916 said:Do they sell gem cards in your country ?

In america we can buy gem cards. 1200 gems for 10$usd or 2400 gems for 25$usd.

I like buying gem cards but they may not be available in all countries

I've not seen official Gem Cards with 2400 Gems for $25. Mine are 2000 Gems for $25, and the others I've seen, long ago, were 1200 Gems for $15. I mostly get mine from Best Buy.

@avexysv.9314 said:i usually buy gems from trusted third party. because i dont have any credit card or paypal. i wanna buy another gems but for some reason its out of stock. i asked the reseller then they said it has been runnin out of stock for a while. i try searchin for another third party reseller but all are out of stock. is there a problem from anet? or is it just my country?

Is there another way to buy gems besides from the game?

@Dheeraj.2481 said:

@avexysv.9314 said:i usually buy gems from trusted third party. because i dont have any credit card or paypal. i wanna buy another gems but for some reason its out of stock. i asked the reseller then they said it has been runnin out of stock for a while. i try searchin for another third party reseller but all are out of stock. is there a problem from anet? or is it just my country?

Is there another way to buy gems besides from the game?

Yes...official retailers.

If you mean 2k gem cards. Anet does not do that anymore so current stock is being drained. Hence the reason card prices are higher than in game purchasing.