SMS Authentication Problem!!!

Maybe Turkey is blocking SMS at the national firewall? Are other SMS messages being blocked? Arenanet can send them all day, but if they're blocked at the border, there's nothing Anet can do to change that (except change the IP address of origin, which would be a bit drastic).

Secondly, having asked Anet for support while changing my phone (lost the phone, had the phone account turned off by the provider, so needed to remove 2fa), I can tell you it takes a week or so. Not sure why it takes that long, but it does.

I do suggest using an authentication method that DOES NOT require connectedness: a one time password generator, such as Authy or Google Authenticator. I use Google Authenticator on my smartphone because it's not on my computer; if I have the smartphone with me, nobody else can get into my account without me being there. And I only have to type in 6 numbers every so often.

@"Zeta.6108" said:Maybe Turkey is blocking SMS at the national firewall? Are other SMS messages being blocked? Arenanet can send them all day, but if they're blocked at the border, there's nothing Anet can do to change that (except change the IP address of origin, which would be a bit drastic).

Secondly, having asked Anet for support while changing my phone (lost the phone, had the phone account turned off by the provider, so needed to remove 2fa), I can tell you it takes a week or so. Not sure why it takes that long, but it does.

I do suggest using an authentication method that DOES NOT require connectedness: a one time password generator, such as Authy or Google Authenticator. I use Google Authenticator on my smartphone because it's not on my computer; if I have the smartphone with me, nobody else can get into my account without me being there. And I only have to type in 6 numbers every so often.

I have SMS codes from Tinder also with this number before (0850 551 69 44) which ArenaNet use. Well recently I tried Tinder to see which number it use and the message came from PINSMS. I read somewhere at some point Google also used this number for verification. I don't know why companies change phone numbers they are using to send SMS codes. And sure phone number could be blocked but ArenaNet should at least make an announcement about it like "We are aware of the situation" "We will look into it" etc.

I'm experiencing the same issue. I'm from Turkey too and my provider is Vodafone, maybe they are the problem? I don't know. But not getting a response for weeks and not being able to log in is extremely frustrating.

ID: WildLoni.6412Ticket ID: 7777089

My friend has same problem. He cant login. He lost his 1 week of Mistlock Sanctuary Passkey and 3v3 season. Time is the most valuable thing.He bought path of fire dlc for playing during quarantina days. But ArenaNet cant provide service which he paid for.

@Landahar.5196 said:Reading comments made me sad actually. Not only sad about people log in problems also Anet workers don't even reply back.

I'm pretty sad too. I love this game but the devs are making me question if my time is even worth it when they can't even acknowledge this problem that should be considered a top priority. People cant log in for weeks... I'm out of words.

Same Issue, I reset my modem at home now can't log in to game because of cannot receive any SMS. opened a ticket ( 7785463) waiting for an answer. But we have friends in Guild waiting more than a week for an answer about same issue. Log in issues should be of top priority and Anet have to solve it ASAP. We pay to play not to wait weeks for a log in issue.I m lucky that I can log in from my work network so I can write here to Forum otherwise it is not possible even to write the problem here. But in the end, I play at home not at work. And of course like everybody else I want to get the service I have paid.Also I tried to unlink my phone but even for that, they try to send me an SMS which I never receive.

After six days they removed SMS authentication today. I had to submit second ticket with my account. I thought it may be faster to get a reply. First ticket was anonymous submitted on Sunday 31st. I replied I no longer need help to anonymous ticket after six days because I had access to website thanks to VPN extension on browser. I don't know what happened to anonymous ticket. Overall it costed me 12 days.