Do You Find The Game More Fun To Play Now Or Before Revamp

Lighter.5631

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@avey.4201 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@avey.4201 said:people complain about 1 shot, but it still exists, before 2/25 every class had the option, now only 3-4 classes have the option, balanced?step in the right direction?thief ranger and mesmer still have 1 shot, you know the highest mobility classesguess what happens when low mobility class dodges 1 shot from high mobility class? they reset, and try again, infinitely, because you can't return the burstwhat people miss, you can dodge the 1 shot leaving them with their skills on cool down, then follow up with your own 1 shot(pre2/25), stunned? bring a stun breaknow you only need random dodges in most fights, because 30 damage is 30 damage, doesn't matter what you dodge as long as you press all the buttons.

1 shot pu mesRidiculous op 1 shot from rangers and infinite escapes beforeridiculous stun spam 1 shot warrInsanely op aoe scourge spam fest.insane op spam from aoe firebrandaoe spam that was also insanely op and broken from herald.

There is a reason why people complained about scourge, unless you think its skilful or rangers being able to practically 1 shot with greatsword and longbow procs and with soulbeast transformation

Its not just the damage either, but sustain was also nerfed. Basically the reason invuln spam and things like that were so high, was because the damage was basically too high to survive. Only way to survive 1 shot meta is either to have perma block invuln, or have enough mobility to escape, and it so happens rangers had resetting abilities that were crazy good.

Weavers too also had pretty nuts dmg with sustain, and none of this was healthy for the game, neither is being auto cc spammed and blown up in 2-3 seconds.

ele can aoe cc spam a party of 5 in spvp for several seconds, and a mesmer can still blow them up in those seconds, happened in tournaments a few weeks agothere was invuln spam one shot builds and many broken things before, no one says the balance was perfect, but from my perspective it was betterthis thread was about fun, not necessarily balance thoughat least when a thief tried to one shot me, I could one shot him back(fun)I could macro 3v3I have the longest win streak of my history in this gamethe fights are boringmost fights, when we win, I realize I'm starring at the wallI press all the buttons and win nowI had to watch animations beforeI had to be aware of my surroundings beforenow its just whoever presses all the buttons firstworst part of this balance, you can't open certain loot bags in spvp, and cleaning inventory mid match leaves these bags behind

The difference is the ability to one shot was lowered from what it was. The so-called time to kill is increased, making fights last longer.

I do believe invuln was touched somehow on mesmers reduced and guardians were probably touched in ways i don't know. I know that some stuff was already touched that was recent and thats important to mention.

You didn't mention the modifiers nerfed for rangers pet and damage on bow greatsword and other stuff, or mobility and sustain spam and even stab spam.

Huge amount of stuff was nerfed, and i think it was for a good reason, because pof simply created way too much power creep. I also think its probably a good idea to not make specs (reaper for instance) to be instantly a upgrade.

If i go and play firebrand, it should be a different playstyle, not necessarily superior to all other guardian specs, same with mesmers, and this was problematic in the past.

Also what you on about? thief damage is nowhere near as strong as it used to be. Sure they can hit hard, but not insanity levels of damage they used to have with their weapons and with daredevil. Remember the camper deadeyes who used to 2 shot from long range with 0 counterplay and from stealth?

Also, condi teef got nerfed recently as well.

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@avey.4201 said:people complain about 1 shot, but it still exists, before 2/25 every class had the option, now only 3-4 classes have the option, balanced?step in the right direction?thief ranger and mesmer still have 1 shot, you know the highest mobility classesguess what happens when low mobility class dodges 1 shot from high mobility class? they reset, and try again, infinitely, because you can't return the burstwhat people miss, you can dodge the 1 shot leaving them with their skills on cool down, then follow up with your own 1 shot(pre2/25), stunned? bring a stun breaknow you only need random dodges in most fights, because 30 damage is 30 damage, doesn't matter what you dodge as long as you press all the buttons.

1 shot pu mesRidiculous op 1 shot from rangers and infinite escapes beforeridiculous stun spam 1 shot warrInsanely op aoe scourge spam fest.insane op spam from aoe firebrandaoe spam that was also insanely op and broken from herald.

There is a reason why people complained about scourge, unless you think its skilful or rangers being able to practically 1 shot with greatsword and longbow procs and with soulbeast transformation

Its not just the damage either, but sustain was also nerfed. Basically the reason invuln spam and things like that were so high, was because the damage was basically too high to survive. Only way to survive 1 shot meta is either to have perma block invuln, or have enough mobility to escape, and it so happens rangers had resetting abilities that were crazy good.

Weavers too also had pretty nuts dmg with sustain, and none of this was healthy for the game, neither is being auto cc spammed and blown up in 2-3 seconds.

ele can aoe cc spam a party of 5 in spvp for several seconds, and a mesmer can still blow them up in those seconds, happened in tournaments a few weeks agothere was invuln spam one shot builds and many broken things before, no one says the balance was perfect, but from my perspective it was betterthis thread was about fun, not necessarily balance thoughat least when a thief tried to one shot me, I could one shot him back(fun)I could macro 3v3I have the longest win streak of my history in this gamethe fights are boringmost fights, when we win, I realize I'm starring at the wallI press all the buttons and win nowI had to watch animations beforeI had to be aware of my surroundings beforenow its just whoever presses all the buttons firstworst part of this balance, you can't open certain loot bags in spvp, and cleaning inventory mid match leaves these bags behind

The difference is the ability to one shot was lowered from what it was. The so-called time to kill is increased, making fights last longer.

I do believe invuln was touched somehow on mesmers reduced and guardians were probably touched in ways i don't know. I know that some stuff was already touched that was recent and thats important to mention.

You didn't mention the modifiers nerfed for rangers pet and damage on bow greatsword and other stuff, or mobility and sustain spam and even stab spam.

Huge amount of stuff was nerfed, and i think it was for a good reason, because pof simply created way too much power creep. I also think its probably a good idea to not make specs (reaper for instance) to be instantly a upgrade.

If i go and play firebrand, it should be a different playstyle, not necessarily superior to all other guardian specs, same with mesmers, and this was problematic in the past.

Also what you on about? thief damage is nowhere near as strong as it used to be. Sure they can hit hard, but not insanity levels of damage they used to have with their weapons and with daredevil. Remember the camper daredevils who used to 2 shot from range with 0 counterplay and from stealth?

Also condi teef got nerfed recently as well.

I didn't mention most of it because it's endlessjust went and done another 3v3, pressed all buttons, wonmy heal does almost 2x the damage of my other utilities, 20x the damage of my eliteenemy had a burn guardian with some gross damage, 0 effort to kill himwasn't funI'm not saying the entire 2/25 patch was badele was capable of using invulnerability while casting an unblock-able 1 shot before, that was brokenwarrior, and rev to this day are healed by incoming damage, that is poor designbroad unspecific ratio reductions left the game noncompetitive, unbalanced, and plainly mundane

@Shiyo.3578 said:People do in fact take forever to load after unstealthing onto you sometimes. I think it depends on their ping to the server or something, some thieves are nearly impossible to fight in PvP due to not unstealthing on my screen until 3 seconds of hitting me which is absurd.

I have a SSD and I-5, I don't have a kitten computer, and my internet is fine too.

seems like theres a window when coming out of stealth where the name doesn't show up. I've noticed this for some time and its pretty consistent. can't say I've payed particular attention to it tho lol, its one of those things.

@avey.4201 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Also what you on about? thief damage is nowhere near as strong as it used to be. Sure they can hit hard, but not insanity levels of damage they used to have with their weapons and with daredevil. Remember the camper daredevils who used to 2 shot from range with 0 counterplay and from stealth?

I didn't mention most of it because it's endlessjust went and done another 3v3, pressed all buttons, wonmy heal does almost 2x the damage of my other utilities, 20x the damage of my eliteenemy had a burn guardian with some gross damage, 0 effort to kill himwasn't funI'm not saying the entire 2/25 patch was badele was capable of using invulnerability while casting an unblock-able 1 shot before, that was brokenwarrior, and rev to this day are healed by incoming damage, that is poor designbroad unspecific ratio reductions left the game noncompetitive, unbalanced, and plainly mundane

But does burn guardian require less skill than any ranger build?unknown.pngThis ones probably better: unknown.png

@avey.4201 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Unblockable burst on ele never existed...furthermore for a good while people had been playing FA weaver with a burst impossible to execute while attuned to earth and using focus, after that they changed OF to what it's now and that was already before the patch

One shot is not fun at all....if it was you would not complain about ele ability to one shot, JI burst on guardian is no less broken than what ele could do, let's remember hammer 2 + JI mid animation burst...that was extremely easy and several times more broken than ele burst up to that moment.

There is nothing skillful about teleport burst using skills like : Judge's intervention - Phase traversal etc ect etc , bypassing visible obstacles while delivering insta burst , everything was mitigated by chaining blocks/evasions etc etc..nothing skillfull about that either.

It takes one day to learn the rotation....it's not rocket science, I did ..anybody can.....nobody is special, this is a casual PvE MMO....not some skill intensive social online experiment, it's about time people get off their high horse

This is a MMO...not Overwatch or Call of Duty online, if people enjoy that kind of gameplay , they're free to leave

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@"Highlie.7641" said:It's still about bad design carrying the player.. So what's the difference? oh right like I said when they dropped the first patch. "same kitten, just slower"

This^ games should be be renamed to carry wars 2 the spammageddon.

But you're still here...there must be something out there to satisfy PRO online gamers , ok we're all crap and you're God's gift to mankind when it comes to online gaming...why are you still here? There are dozen of PvP centered MOBA out there and this is a MMO...A MMO with a PvP element, a sandbox MMO with a PvP element and that's what I want to play, that's what many want to play! We are not here to play Call of Duty fantasy online!

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"Highlie.7641" said:It's still about bad design carrying the player.. So what's the difference? oh right like I said when they dropped the first patch. "same kitten, just slower"

But you're still here...there must be something out there to satisfy PRO online gamers , ok we're all kitten and you're God's gift to mankind when it comes to online gaming...why are you still here? There are dozen of PvP centered MOBA out there and this is a MMO...A MMO with a PvP element, a sandbox MMO with a PvP element and that's what I want to play, that's what many want to play! We are not here to play Call of Duty fantasy online!

Haha yeah 2 maybe 3 matches a week but still here, just find the gw2 forums entertaining, more so than the game to be honest. Yes though after so many years it's hard to drop outright.Not sure where ur call of duty arguement and what that had to do with wanting a more skillful pvp in gw2? I don't like one shots as much as the next guy but is the ability to just spam ur skills or run ur head across the keyboard to kill some one in 2 sec's via condi's like some builds currently can much better than one shots? Not in my eyes, or having a small select builds being able to do as said above but not the rest of the roster, sounds balanced and healthy. Why does wanting burst skills to burst, tank builds to hit for less and not be able to spam condis killing quickly as stated above or wanting condis to do DOT damage over time like their sopose to mean that they prefer cod type playstyle?

I really like how they tried to cut the cancer with the patch, what boggles my mind is that they gave engineer that dumb ass explosive entrance which enables them to blind spam you and deal heavy damage completely passively, and soulbeast can still do 30k to you with a single rapidfire. Soulbeast honestly feels no different to play against before/after the patch, except for the fact that their pet also deals 6k to you with a single ability.

I have no idea why anyone should have an ability to double their damage, especially when its usable with the smokescale teleport/worldly impact combo.

nerf WWP and buff soulbeast

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

But you're still here...there must be something out there to satisfy PRO online gamers , ok we're all kitten and you're God's gift to mankind when it comes to online gaming...why are you still here? There are dozen of PvP centered MOBA out there and this is a MMO...A MMO with a PvP element, a sandbox MMO with a PvP element and that's what I want to play, that's what many want to play! We are not here to play Call of Duty fantasy online!

Haha yeah 2 maybe 3 matches a week but still here, just find the gw2 forums entertaining, more so than the game to be honest. Yes though after so many years it's hard to drop outright.Not sure where ur call of duty arguement and what that had to do with wanting a more skillful pvp in gw2? I don't like one shots as much as the next guy but is the ability to just spam ur skills or run ur head across the keyboard to kill some one in 2 sec's via condi's like some builds currently can much better than one shots? Not in my eyes, or having a small select builds being able to do as said above but not the rest of the roster, sounds balanced and healthy. Why does wanting burst skills to burst, tank builds to hit for less and not be able to spam condis killing quickly as stated above or wanting condis to do DOT damage over time like their sopose to mean that they prefer cod type playstyle?

Are you watching MOTA? Haven't seen such close games in years and the previous meta was nothing but aoe spam condi and super sustain bruiser on the side nodes...literally a snooze fiesta where even the casters had a hard time identifying who killed who with what...Now we have detailed analysis after every match, close matches, visible tactics ...nothing of that aoe zerg spamm moving from point A to point B causing epilepsy

I much prefer now than the scourge/boonbeast/immortal FB crap

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Are you watching MOTA? Haven't seen such close games in years and the previous meta was nothing but aoe spam condi and super sustain bruiser on the side nodes...literally a snooze fiesta where even the casters had a hard time identifying who killed who with what...Now we have detailed analysis after every match, close matches, visible tactics ...nothing of that aoe zerg spamm moving from point A to point B causing epilepsy

I much prefer now than the scourge/boonbeast/immortal FB kitten

Yeah the warrior game play, u know the class u argue are in a fine spot were the most fun to watch. Yeah yeah weird a ranger/ele player loves the balance right now lol, doesnt matter that as a whole the balance is in fact gbage and the epodomy if zero skill spam. But each their own eh :)

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Why would I care about a tournament where exploits are openly allowed?https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/663499079803863071/718688444012036116/unknown.png

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Yeah the warrior game play, u know the class u argue are in a fine spot were the most fun to watch. Yeah yeah weird a ranger/ele player loves the balance right now lol, doesnt matter that as a whole the balance is in fact gbage and the epodomy if zero skill spam. But each their own eh :)

Nobody enjoyed rampage spam except those whose ability to use warrior was limited to that single elite and main reason they started to use warrior in the first place given one of the lowest skill floor in the game along with necro , ranger and guardian. Despite the sustain/dmg nerfs some players still manage to succeed on ele, ranger, mesmer etc etc.....

Take away the faceroll portion and FOTMers can't use warrior ....you're still welcome to jump on ele and try to best me on warrior, despite all the claims...I see players like @Phantaram , @Grimjack and @Crann easily jump on other professions and somehow do decent...on the other side we have "pro" like @bluri.2653 who just play thief and still whine about balance

The point is can you even play half-decently other classes before calling for buffs/nerfs?....

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Nobody enjoyed rampage spam except those whose ability to use warrior was limited to that single elite and main reason they started to use warrior in the first place given one of the lowest skill floor in the game along with necro , ranger and guardian. Despite the sustain/dmg nerfs some players still manage to succeed on ele, ranger, mesmer etc etc.....

No one was talking about Rampage. Don't try to shift the topic.

Take away the faceroll portion and FOTMers can't use warrior ....you're still welcome to jump on ele and try to best me on warrior, despite all the claims...I see players like @Phantaram , @Grimjack and @Crann easily jump on other professions and somehow do decent...on the other side we have "pro" like @bluri.2653 who just play thief and still whine about balance

No one can use Warrior. It sucks. Thats why it was the only class not played in the MOTA at all. And then we have a bunch of incorrect irrelevant nonsense as usual.

The point is can you even play half-decently other classes before calling for buffs/nerfs?....

Despite your overinflated ego and superiority complex, people very much so can play multiple classes (something I am not convinced you can). But that doesnt change the fact that Warrior is awful right now and in dire need of buffs. Something you have repeatedly spoken out against, showing that you operate purely on bias with no regard for any objective facts if they dont fit into your world view.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

Why would I care about a tournament where exploits are openly allowed?

Do you realize what is happening ?....The druid is playing knockback immobilize build..the rev cover his back with the cart to avoid the knockback and negat the immobilize...hence the "exploit"...it was a figurative sense...........

@Axl.8924 well you said aoe spaming classes were op. You maybe miss then that this aoe spaming classes meta now arent ya? xD Plus this aoe spaming classes (core necro, FB, Condi rev) are so tanky and condi spammy that they could only get toutched by power classes that are complete glass canons and doing op instant dps (the meta Holosmith and Power Rev Builds) so all in all the Meta Balance atm is worse than before..... but all in all the other classes and builds that left the meta complete seems to be now in best balanced state. (Well they are so good balanced they have like 0 chance against meta)

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Why would I care about a tournament where exploits are openly allowed?

Do you realize what is happening ?....The druid is playing knockback immobilize build..the rev cover his back with the cart to avoid the knockback and negat the immobilize...hence the "exploit"...it was a figurative sense...........

No it's literally exploiting.

@Pati.2438 said:@Axl.8924 well you said aoe spaming classes were op. You maybe miss then that this aoe spaming classes meta now arent ya? xD Plus this aoe spaming classes (core necro, FB, Condi rev) are so tanky and condi spammy that they could only get toutched by power classes that are complete glass canons and doing op instant dps (the meta Holosmith and Power Rev Builds) so all in all the Meta Balance atm is worse than before..... but all in all the other classes and builds that left the meta complete seems to be now in best balanced state. (Well they are so good balanced they have like 0 chance against meta)

Core isn-t nearly as powerful as scourge was, but otherwise we will see what gets changed.

https://clips.twitch.tv/CrowdedBoringPenguinWTRuck (meta is boring)

https://clips.twitch.tv/GracefulFairPeafowlRuleFive (power warrior was more skillful side noder class in eye of high end players compared to other classes, even on hambow, even tho it got heavily nerfed to non-existence.)

https://clips.twitch.tv/LongSpeedyOrangeBabyRage (pre feb 25th is more fun to play)

really, why some people think a meta with less skill requirement and extremely long fight is more fun?? let that sink in

@"Lighter.5631" said:https://clips.twitch.tv/CrowdedBoringPenguinWTRuck (meta is boring)

https://clips.twitch.tv/GracefulFairPeafowlRuleFive (power warrior was more skillful side noder class in eye of high end players compared to other classes, even on hambow, even tho it got heavily nerfed to non-existence.)

https://clips.twitch.tv/LongSpeedyOrangeBabyRage (pre feb 25th is more fun to play)

really, why some people think a meta with less skill requirement and extremely long fight is more fun?? let that sink in

U have to remember the mentality of most of gw2 players tho and the type the game attracts. Skillful to them means having a oh kitten almost dead 2nd health bar at a press of a button,or barrier etc. Skillful means running ur forehead across 1-6 spamming ur condis. When a skills or skills are as effective as those methods but requires timing,planning etc the community considers them exploits or op and wants em nerfed lol.

@"Lighter.5631" said:https://clips.twitch.tv/CrowdedBoringPenguinWTRuck (meta is boring)

Get a grip already...this Sindrener is just a mono class biased thief and ofc he will yell and ask for nerfs in order to get a meta more favorable for thieves! The last thing I would expect is to see a thief main considering skillfull a ranger meta...any meta! He has been crying for years while sitting on his thief and promoting trash like pistol whip, vault spam etc etc etc etc...calling a trash player anybody who would die to PW spammers.

A thief asking for warrior meta ...yeah ofc...sword/dagger evade spam says HI, ofc .....here a list of things this hero of yours has been crying up to now :

-fire weaver-lightning rod weaver-all ranger meta builds and off meta builds, ranger in general-core guardian burst , symbolbrand, dragonhunter-holosmith

Having the nerve to cry about current MOTA meta now look at eles : 0 weavers and just the same support tempest build, the class back to pre PoF status and people like this @Sindrener have been crying non stop to see weavers and any build that would challenge his thief, out of this game.

..For somebody who has got "the ear" of the devs, the bias is extremely strong, it's 2020 and thieves still ask for balance....the thief class has been ruining GW2 since launch alongside necro..asking for any subjective fun balance in this game while two class designs exist....yeah gl.

These two professions have access to a set of cheesy and unfun to play against gameplay options , it's not fun to fight stealth heroes or insta aoe condi spam on low CD

I find it hilarious that the same people who are now crying about this supposed bunker meta ( exist mostly in their mind ) were asking for nerfs on Lightning rod and sic'em rangers ..not that much time ago. Ha I get it! It wasn't their class doing the big dmg so it had to be nerfed.

What about FA weaver? Hammer core guardians?

We can pretty much see who is calling for nerfs and why...we can pretty much see the professions played by those who make threads like this or others, asking for damage buffs when few months ago ..those same people were asking for damage nerfs on other professions

Can I have FA dmg back? Plasma burst? arcane skills? Lighting rod? Lighting bolt? Phoenix?Can I have "Righteous Instinct" back? Glacial Heart? Mighty blow?Can I have back rapid fire dmg back? Winter's bite? pet dmg ? Crippling Talon?Whirling defense?

Let's no start any sustain talk though...if it was up to me I would nerf every single one of you down to ele levels where you have 0 sustain unless you invest in healing power