Longbow is now the clunkiest weapon in the game

FtoPScrub.5476

It already had 2 self roots, why increase the cast time of LB3 which is already slow??

2, 5 are self roots3 is slow as heck now and can't reliably hit without chaining some other cc first4 is a symbol that is a projectile for some reason(compare to staff 3, scepter 2 symbols which are placed down as soon as the cast completes)

it doesn't matter if you give damage buffs if the weapon is as clunky as it is now. the cast time of 3 needs to be reverted ASAP.

• 3 weeks later...

If #3 DS was auto targeted, the dmg removal and cast time would be understandable, but it's not. DS was already easy to counter, at anything much further than 300 units away, you could just side step, no stab or dodge needed, and hitting at further range was impossible unless fighting bots. As the cast time is now, how slow the projectile is and large animation, it's a joke. DS was also a HUGE part of DH dmg, it hit like a truck, which I agree was to much, however another impact of the cast time and projectile speed is the secondary dmg that was from using it to push people through the test of faith, which is also lost.

I can't remember the last time I used #4, slow, bad dmg, more light field, vigor?!?!?!?!?!?, and its flight path is just bugged. It will land on the smallest hill in your LoS even though you targeted well past that, standing on a wall to cast down? Target well out from the wall and I still have it from time to time cast at my feet.

5, first dmg in the channel is useless, it's so low there is no need to move or dodge anything but the last hit. The channel is long, easy to see and is rooted. It has like #4 LoS issues all over, can't even cast it on bridges because the small hump in the middle makes it lose LoS....But rangers has LoS removed from their LB #5 a long time ago and can cast INSIDE unopened structures.

LB is there only for when someone kites off, you swap to it, try and land TS and then swap back, thats it. However, with that said, after the patch I just dropped LB, it had some utility before, but not now. The CC in most cases you can't land, so any control use is out, and its dmg over time in a sustained fight is low vs other choices. TS still has some good burst ability but you are not going to land it on most good players. Again, good for someone you have already worked down and they kite off, or a thief you know is about to stealth as it will track like most channeled skills.

Other fun things right now, traps have about a 50/50 chance to do dmg. With the state of lag and player sync in the game, I have pulled people through BOTH sides of a trap and then shield pushed them back into it for them to take zero dmg from the trap, the trap will proc however, totally wasting the skill. I can't tell you how many times I have baited someone waiting for a burst, bait out their stab, go in for trap rotation aaaaaannnnnnd, doesn't work. Always fun to lose fights due to bugs.

Lies. Rev's hammer is even worse (and used to be one of the finest farming tools in both PvE and WvW). I think that for mass PvE events I would put trapper DH builds above Rev's ones, but yeah, in WvW/PvP the long bow feels extremely weak.

But let's be real: outside Ranger's Longbow most of ranged weapons in this game are garbage. You're way better served as a ragned fighter choosing the Necro staff above anything like rifles, long bows, short bows and pistols. Overal ranged weapons in Guild Wars 2 feel dismal, compared against any other MMORPG or action RPG games...

@FtoPScrub.5476 said:It already had 2 self roots, why increase the cast time of LB3 which is already slow??

2, 5 are self roots3 is slow as heck now and can't reliably hit without chaining some other cc first4 is a symbol that is a projectile for some reason(compare to staff 3, scepter 2 symbols which are placed down as soon as the cast completes)

it doesn't matter if you give damage buffs if the weapon is as clunky as it is now. the cast time of 3 needs to be reverted ASAP.

The symbol from LB 4 should be a trap

my only issue is how boring it sounds, all class abilities have iconic and mesmerizing sound effects, but guardian longbow sounds like women farts, at first i thought my game was bugged but I had to crank the volume all the way up to hear the sound effects

• 1 month later...

@FtoPScrub.5476 said:It already had 2 self roots, why increase the cast time of LB3 which is already slow??

I agree it needs some kind of rework, I thought it was going to more fluid then this when it was announced.

@otto.5684 said:

@Arken.3725 said:I'd have to disagree. Hammer probably takes the spot with ease.

Hammers are meant to be slow though big difference.

If by slow you mean even PvE mobs can dodge it, then you are right. LB is not great but has some niche uses. Hammer does not.

I never really had an issue with hammer and there is a trait that recudes cooldown if I remember that spec correctly I used some years ago.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...