Pride March 2020!

Gamers Giving Back is gearing up, along with our friends at OpenCommunity, to bring you Pride 2020!

2020 has thrown a few curve balls at us so far, but we wanted to have Pride be as epic as ever! Join us on June 27th and 28th at 4 PM CDT as we march across Tyria spreading love and joy and support of our LGBTQ+ friends and fam. (While maintaining proper social distancing, of course!)

EU will begin earlier in the day, at 16:00 CEST. There will be radio, camaraderie, and voice chat for those interested in joining! While we typically support a cause, with Covid-19 and the state of the world currently, we don’t want to pressure anyone to donate. However, if you want to donate, we recommend Rainbow Road! They’re a great organization that we worked with previously and they have an amazing cause.

Interested in more information? You can reach out to Angel if you’re on NA (AngelWriter.3652) or Lelling if you’re on EU (Lelling.6795). Hope to see you there!

Awesome artwork is done by Six! ( https://commander-titania.tumblr.com/ )

sHTSNUp.png

I'm very glad that you guys are all doing this, but I hope this isn't just going to centralized on just LGBT+ considering everything that's going on. I would absolutely use this platform and event to gather black people, LGBT+ and everything between who play this game to speak out and just support our causes as well. We have hard ships (not just IRL as you can see) but, in online gaming communities were even the minority of people barely wants to recognize us or our problems, or just try to denounce it.

@Rouien.5234 said:I'm very glad that you guys are all doing this, but I hope this isn't just going to centralized on just LGBT+ considering everything that's going on. I would absolutely use this platform and event to gather black people, LGBT+ and everything between who play this game to speak out and just support our causes as well. We have hard ships (not just IRL as you can see) but, in online gaming communities were even the minority of people barely wants to recognize us or our problems, or just try to denounce it.

Hey! Thanks for the comment - I passed along your response to Angel. :)

I am not organizing this particular event - but am the founder of GGB. Just so you know who is responding to you.

Hey Rouien!So I spoke to Angel and we want to see this event celebrated as part of Pride. However, we would be more than willing to support a BLM event if it were created! I think it would be more powerful as a separate event. If you want to get it rolling, definitely let us know!

On another note, Pride is a pretty inclusive event, so make sure to attend and be part of the event. If you are feeling like a minority in the gaming community...this event really shows that there are so many pockets of people that help you to feel supported, no matter your background! At least that is what my experience has been with this event the last 3 years. It is a positive and supportive space!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm EU and I was there on previously events the last two years (Ive had good memories). I don't know if I can make this year but I still wish you a lot of love and fun! <3I hope I can make it but currently too much is going on for me in real life.Stay strong! <3Thank you for organizing this! You're the best!