Li / Killproof for Strikes are a Problem

I think that looking for Killproofs for Strikes is a Problem and shouldnt be allowed by Arenanet. They are designed to inspire new players and casuals to start raiding but 80% of the LFG Groups have started to do this Killproof Nonsense in Strikes too. This is exactly why Raids arent much played and wont get new stuff added. Its just spliting the community further.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People join groups with LI requirements because they want a fast and smooth strike run.No one wants to repeat WoJ or boneS 20 times in order to kill it with no bonus chestBut i dont disagree with u and you are completely rightThe content is ment for people who want to learn raiding and get better so they can join raid groupsThis LI problem of yours is because the amount of rewards these strikes provideThey are so ez for average raiders that u can finish all of them except cold war in 15-25mins and get good money and loot from them. You can buy ascended stuff from strike shards too.There are bunch of rare drops worth of 10g tooWith all these raiders would come to do these strikes and fast clear all of them tooThey dont want a slow dps group or a group that dies everytime at boneskinner. So they put a LI req for their squad.If this problem gonna get solved i PERSONALY think Anet should lower the amount of rewards for each strikes as much as raiders wont see it worthy for completing daily so then other non-raider players could look for a group peacefully in LFG. Well sad for u i dont think this will happen cuz if they nerf the amount of rewards then the content would probably die out cuz no one would ses it worthy of doing. And anet wouldnt want thatI hope someone has a better idea to fix this problem

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@"Ecoxiss.1079" said:80% of the LFG Groups have started to do this Killproof Nonsense in Strikes too.Even if your "80%" weren't a complete fabrication and hyperbole, what is preventing you from just joining the other 20% or starting your own squad?

Time brother, time ^^I have a reallife too xD80% arent complete fabrication. I saw it several days in a row and the other 20% are spread on all strikes not just the one i need/want to do in that moment. Im a good Player but im somewhat forced to get KP from other Content to do this one. That just cant be the solution. Arenanet just isnt listening or trying to fix their content. People are complaining about Raid lfg for a long time u know that yourself. They shouldnt have introduced new stuff (strikes) while the other still isnt working well. What use do 20.000 different Play Options have (Raids Fracs Strikes) if they arent working fine for the big part of the playerbase? So whats your solution for this?

@Ecoxiss.1079 said:Lowering the Loot for everyone isnt helping much tbh. Thats just making strikes useless for everyone :)They should just remove the KP Items or ban the process in lfg at all.Maybe an Easy and Hard Mode then?

And then it will move to outside sources to form groups like discord for example.So no you wont be able to force those players to carry lower skilled people unless they want to.

@Ecoxiss.1079 said:Lowering the Loot for everyone isnt helping much tbh. Thats just making strikes useless for everyone :)They should just remove the KP Items or ban the process in lfg at all.Maybe an Easy and Hard Mode then?

If they remove kps then how would top raiders know how to get a good group?Easy and hardmode scenario would be like the discussions for ez and hard mode for raids

@Ecoxiss.1079 said:I have a reallife too xD80% arent complete fabrication.Oh I see.... then you have access to the game's server logs that show everyone's LFGs and have run a script on those logs to show a Word Count for KP and LI?You have then taken that number and referenced it against the total number of LFGs?Because if you have not done this, your number is indeed a complete fabrication and not based on any kind of fact.People are complaining about Raid lfg for a long time u know that yourself.People on this forum complain about giveaways.So whats your solution for this?Starting my own squad for like-minded players and being happy for those playing the game the way they like with the people they want...just as I am.Crazy I know.

@Ecoxiss.1079 said:

@Ecoxiss.1079 said:80% of the LFG Groups have started to do this Killproof Nonsense in Strikes too.Even if your "80%" weren't a complete fabrication and hyperbole, what is preventing you from just joining the other 20% or starting your own squad?

Time brother, time ^^I have a reallife too xD80% arent complete fabrication.

First off, unless the situation on NA is vastly different than EU: No, the LI/KP groups do not outnumber the non LI/KP groups. Those simply fill faster. This phenomenon is not new and is in part due to limited experience and perception based on singular time views of players.

Do the following: track the LFG tab for 30 minutes and count how many groups of which type are advertised. You realize that the LI/KP groups simply fill slower. Which makes sense, since they have requirements in place and as such remain unfilled longer and more visible (this was/is the case with fractals and was the case with dungeons too, so it's not even a new phenomenon to this game).

@Ecoxiss.1079 said:I saw it several days in a row and the other 20% are spread on all strikes not just the one i need/want to do in that moment.

So, your claim is already faulty, isn't it? You are essentially not complaining about strikes, but rather about the difficult strikes seeing less free for all groups.

That's already a difference is it not? Yes, some free for all groups run only the "easy" 3 strikes. With higher challenge there comes more selection. The solution here: make your own group.

@Ecoxiss.1079 said:Im a good Player but im somewhat forced to get KP from other Content to do this one.

How would you know?(I doubt many players would consider themselves "bad" players skill wise. Unfortunately, many are by simple average skill level of the player base. As such the personal claim that one is good, is very hard to take serious, even if it might be very applicable)

But that's beside the issue: Make your own group in what ever way you see fit, and you won't ever have to bother with LI/KP.

@Ecoxiss.1079 said:That just cant be the solution. Arenanet just isnt listening or trying to fix their content. People are complaining about Raid lfg for a long time u know that yourself. They shouldnt have introduced new stuff (strikes) while the other still isnt working well. What use do 20.000 different Play Options have (Raids Fracs Strikes) if they arent working fine for the big part of the playerbase? So whats your solution for this?

The problem is not LI or KP. The problem is, and always has been:

• as content becomes more challenging, players pre-select who they want to play with in order to maximize they're chance for loot, while minimizing the time spent and chance for failure
  • there is a direct correlation between content difficulty and demand in player skill (open world tags will not ask for any KP, since open world content can be zerged down essentially with no skill. Strikes, even the difficult ones, see minor LI/KP requirements because a limited understanding of the games mechanics is required to be successful. Raid groups of varying degree ask for varying degree of LI/KP. fractals the same. etc.)

What you are complaining about is essentially min-/maxing of players and reward optimization. As mentioned by some one else: remove LI/KP or w/e system is in place, and a new system will take its place (there are already out of game alternatives like killproof.me) simply because of basic human nature of optimization. So good luck in trying to "fix" that.

@Ecoxiss.1079 said:

@Ecoxiss.1079 said:80% of the LFG Groups have started to do this Killproof Nonsense in Strikes too.Even if your "80%" weren't a complete fabrication and hyperbole, what is preventing you from just joining the other 20% or starting your own squad?

Time brother, time ^^I have a reallife too xD

Why is your time and enjoyment more important than that of others?

lets imagine - we not have Li as item, or can't link it.

So how squad will be sorted?Check title - like Envoy's Herald, Leaves No Hero Behind, or Fractal God, or any other .. No matter that it will be - but some people will not include.Now you happy ? or we should remove tittles from game ?

@lare.5129 said:lets imagine - we not have Li as item, or can't link it.

So how squad will be sorted?Check title - like Envoy's Herald, Leaves No Hero Behind, or Fractal God, or any other .. No matter that it will be - but some people will not include.Now you happy ? or we should remove tittles from game ?After that we will have to start threads about how removing AP from the game is the only way for people to get a squad.

@Ecoxiss.1079 said:I think that looking for Killproofs for Strikes is a Problem and shouldnt be allowed by Arenanet. They are designed to inspire new players and casuals to start raiding but 80% of the LFG Groups have started to do this Killproof Nonsense in Strikes too. This is exactly why Raids arent much played and wont get new stuff added. Its just spliting the community further.

It‘s a shame, but nothing new. Happened in GW1 with the summoning stones, so it‘s pretty much tradition.Best thing you can do is to just open your own group while the others are still looking for their 250 LI alacrev, or just ignore the content alltogether.If it does end up like raids and dungeons with barely any new blood because people don‘t wan‘t to create their own groups and existing groups aren‘t taking anyone new, tough luck. Just a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Is it so hard for all of you to have a faith on people you don't know ? Or is it too hard for commander to fix and tell newbie what to do in the strike ? (Other than just kick )

Ask LI / LD in the strike mission is the stupidest things I've ever seen , either you guys are too bored, or you don't trust anyone at all. In NA it's not often, I suppose it's the issue comes from EU.

@Rodrick.1942 said:Is it so hard for all of you to have a faith on people you don't know ? Or is it too hard for commander to fix and tell newbie what to do in the strike ? (Other than just kick )

Ask LI / LD in the strike mission is the stupidest things I've ever seen , either you guys are too bored, or you don't trust anyone at all. In NA it's not often, I suppose it's the issue comes from EU.Some people have extremely limited playtime and that's why they have high requirements because they'd rather not waste time in the instance when they could be doing something else in open-world/WvW. It's a dilemma though: the higher the requirement the less likely it is to fill.

For example, if you make a trailblazer scourge req for boneskinner before they bugfixed it to the first revision you get angry people joining to tell you it is unreasonable to expect trailblazer gear from PvE or people that ignore it outright. It is not just LI/LD requirements.

@Rodrick.1942 said:Is it so hard for all of you to have a faith on people you don't know ? Or is it too hard for commander to fix and tell newbie what to do in the strike ? (Other than just kick )

Again why should people value their time and enjoyment less than someone else's just because? There are also times where people are less than receptive to being given guidance.

Also why should they be chastised for playing the game the way they want with the people they want to play with?

@"Rodrick.1942" said:Ask LI / LD in the strike mission is the stupidest things I've ever seenReally?I think "stupid" is someone whining to Arenanet and looking for developer intervention because they are too lazy to start their own squads.I think "stupid" is getting booty-bothered by someone else's LFG just because you don't meet the requirements.I think "stupid" is the obvious brigading that is going on.

Forum people claim that raids as a gamemode is scarcely played by the population. Now let's take that small portion of people who raid and spread them across all the commanders who ask for LI in strikes, which supposedly are way more populated and think of a number of this kind of players. ... you don't come to the conclusion that 80% of strike LFGs require you to have KPs. Yet alone thinking that their LFGs are keeping you out of this type of content.

@"Ecoxiss.1079" said:but 80% of the LFG Groups have started to do this Killproof Nonsense in Strikes too.

I see 25-50%, not 80%.

Besides, just open your own squad like I do. Look for specific roles needed (HFB, BS, Alac, etc) and add stuff like "Know the mechanics!" and "No Pew-Pew Rangers!", it will get you good team mates in most cases without having to rely on LI.