Complete +5 Power Infusion worth it?

You have a maximum of 18 infusion slots assuming u upgrade the backpack and both rings5x18 means u will get a bonus of 90 power stats on yourself. Its totally not worth the money u give for it but if u are rich and dont have anything to spend your golds on... this can be a good idea

You might want to look at the other thread:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1254936/#Comment_1254936This post does calculations for a condi banner berserker, but the overall ~1k dps from infusions mentioned here should hold true also for most other dps builds, including power ones.I'd say that the WvW ones are worth it (because they are very cheap), but the agony + stat ones probably aren't, unless you have a lot of money to spend and are very interested in optimizing your build to the utmost.

@Roche.7491 said:It’s quite expensive. How much damage does it does?

As pretty much everyone has said, the wvw ones are worth if you arent getting them for Fractals, the others are kinda expensive and probably not worth it unless you run out of other things to get for upgrades, etc.

Also if you get legendary armor you can swap your infusions on the fly, I just keep wvw ones in my weapons and also use wvw ones in my armor, etc most of the time, other than some visual ones. Then when I wana do fractals I swap in a set of rings w +10 AR infusions in them then I swap the wvw infusions for AR ones in my armor, backpack, trinket and that gets me to 160 AR when I to fractals without needing to change the ones in my weapons. I like doing it this way because it gives me nice build flexibility for using different weapon sets etc without it impacting AR vs WvW infusions. Anyway that is what works for me.

@Moradorin.6217 said:

@Roche.7491 said:It’s quite expensive. How much damage does it does?

As pretty much everyone has said, the wvw ones are worth if you arent getting them for Fractals, the others are kinda expensive and probably not worth it unless you run out of other things to get for upgrades, etc.

Also if you get legendary armor you can swap your infusions on the fly, I just keep wvw ones in my weapons and also use wvw ones in my armor, etc most of the time, other than some visual ones. Then when I wana do fractals I swap in a set of rings w +10 AR infusions in them then I swap the wvw infusions for AR ones in my armor, backpack, trinket and that gets me to 160 AR when I to fractals without needing to change the ones in my weapons. I like doing it this way because it gives me nice build flexibility for using different weapon sets etc without it impacting AR vs WvW infusions. Anyway that is what works for me.

I guess a hybrid configuration will work for me too.

Rember that swaping agony resistance for stats results in a net loss in stats:

Bonus stats

Players with the Fractal Attunement mastery will receive bonus attributes based on which mastery they have unlocked and their current agony resistance.Mastery % of AR per stackAgony Channeler 10%Recursive Resourcing 25%Mistlock Singularities 30%

The bonus given by each potion is as follows:

Mist Offensive Potion.png Fractal Offensive - Bonus to precisionMist Defensive Potion.png Fractal Defensive - Bonus to toughnessMist Mobility Potion.png Fractal Mobility - Bonus to concentration

A player with 150 agony resistance and five stacks of a potion will gain 225 of its respective attribute.

So while not every class might benefit from toughness, precision and concentration, you are sacrificing stats from the Fractal attunement mastery by taking no agony resistance in favor of other stats.

@Shade.8971 said:Can those infusions go higher than +9AR? I feel they lose value at least in fractals if I have to give up my +11 & +13 for them.

You only need 150 AR in Fractals and that means +9 on armor and trinkets and +5 in weapons. You spend more on trying to get more powerful infusions than just crafting full Ascended gear (with the Mark system), and infusing the trinkets.

Stat infusions are mainly worth it if you've already optimized other stuffs like gears with runes and sigils and your rotation is within 10% of related benchmark. Like people have mentioned lately, full infusions are a bit over half of food by effect and power infusions are pretty much equal to 3 extra stacks of might. If you think paying bunch of gold to get shiniest possible number as possible is worth it, go ahead. But using that gold to diversify your available roles is also an excellent idea.

@Hannelore.8153 said:

@Shade.8971 said:Can those infusions go higher than +9AR? I feel they lose value at least in fractals if I have to give up my +11 & +13 for them.

You only need 150 AR in Fractals and that means +9 on armor and trinkets and +5 in weapons. You spend more on trying to get more powerful infusions than just crafting full Ascended gear (with the Mark system), and infusing the trinkets.

What if you take fractal masteries in question? Is it worth giving up the stat gains of 200+ AR for being stuck around 150AR but with stat infusions?

@Shade.8971 said:

What if you take fractal masteries in question? Is it worth giving up the stat gains of 200+ AR for being stuck around 150AR but with stat infusions?

Yes as only need 150 ar for a party to accept you in fractal.

The 10% increase in damage will help when you are alone doing quests, collections, raid, strike & wvw.

@Roche.7491 said:

The 10% increase in damage will help when you are alone doing quests, collections, raid, strike & wvw.

Stat infusion are no where near 10% in damage increase.

This was mentioned in the other thread: a full set of stat infusions nets around 1k dps bonus, that's around 3%-5% damage increase at best.

Also the question was:Is it worth to forgo the stat bonus to toughness, precision and concentration from the additional agony resistance in favor of non agony stat infusions.

Simple answer here: if you are NOT crit capped, very likely not since the additional precision alone will provide more damage than the non agony infusions or at least a similar amount.

As for quests, nothing in open world content requires stat infusions. NOTHING. As far as raids and wvw, sure, free bonus stats are nice. Given many players run 1 set for all content, it thus becomes a question of: do you reduce your performance in 1 area (fractals), to improve it in another?

@Cyninja.2954 said:

This was mentioned in the other thread: a full set of stat infusions nets around 1k dps bonus, that's around 3%-5% damage increase at best.

Also the question was:Is it worth to forgo the stat bonus to toughness, precision and concentration from the additional agony resistance in favor of non agony stat infusions.

Simple answer here: if you are NOT crit capped, very likely not since the additional precision alone will provide more damage than the non agony infusions or at least a similar amount.

As for quests, nothing in open world content requires stat infusions. NOTHING. As far as raids and wvw, sure, free bonus stats are nice. Given many players run 1 set for all content, it thus becomes a question of: do you reduce your performance in 1 area (fractals), to improve it in another?

Technically it is 10% increase from base power. 100 power is 10%.

“At level 80, all professions have a base amount of 1000 power. Adding an additional 1000 power would double a character's damage“

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Power

@Roche.7491 said:

Technically it is 10% increase from BASE power. 100 power is 10%.

“At level 80, all professions have a base amount of 1000 power. Adding an additional 1000 power would double a character's damage“

Which is meaningless when talking about the performance increase it brings, and no class rund around naked.

@Roche.7491 said:

Which is meaningless when talking about the performance increase it brings, and no class rund around naked, and even here it would be 9%, since it's 90 stat points and not 100.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Which is meaningless when talking about the performance increase it brings, and no class rund around naked, and even here it would be 9%, since it's 90 stat points and not 100.

You are entitled to your opinion and your personal gaming experiences.

I based my argument with objective facts and data.

@Roche.7491 said:

Sure, but the total stats gained from stat infusions remains at 90 points and not 100. Just saying.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Sure, but the total stats gained from stat infusions remains at 90 points and not 100. Just saying.

Yes I rounded it.

@Roche.7491 said:

Yes I rounded it.

Listen, we can go on and on if you want, this is you:

@Roche.7491 said:The 10% increase in damage will help when you are alone doing quests, collections, raid, strike & wvw.

Which is incorrect. It's not a 10% damage increase.

This is also you:

@Roche.7491 said:Technically it is 10% increase from BASE power. 100 power is 10%.

Which is also incorrect, the total in stat gain possible is 90 on EU/US servers due to the 18 infusions slots possible.

So listen, I honestly don't mind, but if you are giving advice, be as correct as possible.

@Roche.7491 said:

That base power only applies if you don't have ANY power from gears, boons and might. With full power dps gears, banners, consumables and might, pure power dpsers usually have over 3600 power (some reaching over 4000) and adding 90 to that means 2,5% at most. For condis, the infusions are slightly more effective since they start from 0 for both expertise and conditions damage and condi damage is only affected by those 2 stats while power is affected by 3 (power+prec+fero).

Wiki gives basic knowledge to use as basis for maths, but getting actual numbers requires some math by understanding how they work and combining stuff from various related articles. Or you can just test in-game with stuffs on to get exact values.

@LadyKitty.6120 said:

That base power only applies if you don't have ANY power from gears, boons and might. With full power dps gears, banners, consumables and might, pure power dpsers usually have over 3600 power (some reaching over 4000) and adding 90 to that means 2,5% at most. For condis, the infusions are slightly more effective since they start from 0 for both expertise and conditions damage and condi damage is only affected by those 2 stats while power is affected by 3 (power+prec+fero).

Wiki gives basic knowledge to use as basis for maths, but getting actual numbers requires some math by understanding how they work and combining stuff from various related articles. Or you can just test in-game with stuffs on to get exact values.

Can you provide your computation on how you arrived with the 2.5% increase?

@Roche.7491 said:

It’s the developers point of view. Yours is your current character condition’s point of view which varies depending on the type of set up per character.

And your computation will be something like this for example:

Berserker set with buffs, food 1%Berserker set with no buff 2%Mix berserker & marauder 2.5%Marauder set 3%Valkyrie set 3.5%Valkyrie setViper set 3%Grieving set 4%Level 50 berserker set 5%Level 30 berserker set 8%Exotic 8.5%Rare 9%

More of just say 1-9% since you have no computations at all and just own personal estimate which differs from people to people. One will say 2% the other 3.5% the other 4%

Please tell how 3690 power divided by 3600 isn't 1.025 aka. 2.5% dps boost when precision and ferocity stay the same? Just in case you aren't aware, there's lots of tools for mathing, like gw2skills.net, Snowcrows' build optimizer and you can also go to special forces training area and set realistic boon/banner/consumable setup to get exact values.And for another example of damage formula, you get condi damage infusions' effect through100% - non-condi damage% in arcdps = condi dmg% of total damageCdamage with infusions / Cdamage without infusions = Cdamage boost% from infusions.Total damage boost% from infusions on condi build = Cdamage boost% from infusions x condi damage% of total damage.Viper's dpser usually has about 1800 Cdamage before might (2500-2600ish with might, cFB has 3k'ish) and 80-85% of total damage is condi damage. Thus if you add condi damage infusions...100% - 15% = 85%2690 / 2600 = 1,03461...0,03461 x 0,85 = 0.02942... aka. 2,94% boost from condi infusions at 2600 combat condi damage and 85% Cdmg of total dps.

So, Kitty's now shown 2 of the 4 basic formulas of how much infusions add in real end-game PVE situations. Other 2 are expertise and precision which are more annoying and people hate excessive math anyway. And that's how the game engine itself works and you can find pretty much same formulas in the wiki itself if you dig a bit deeper.

Ps. If you intend to use Marauder in endgame PvE, you're playing very inoptimally to begin with and infusions have lower effect due to lower crit damage multiplier from ferocity than zerker's has. A couple pieces of valkyrie only works if you already have guaranteed crit overcap nullifying some of the excess precision from berserker's and thus Valkyrie working the same as berserker's (though converting wasted prec to vit) as long as it stays at 100% crit rate. Full Valkyrie set is massive dps loss on everything except Decimate Defenses Power Reaper which by itself is slightly inoptimal compared to Soul Eater Reaper.