1 solution for chrono

Hibiskus.8294

I came back after a long break to see if something positive has happened to my favorite class regarding pve, my break was shortly after they took away the old phantasms ( remember they stayed as long as they did not get destroyed / you did not shatter them),i just dont liked the new you need to shatter, shatter, shatter direction, just to find out that chrono can no longer shatter without a clone / phantasm … i honestly was shocked ( and still am shocked) i am a very casual Player and i must say in pof and hot the enemie masses rolled over me even with the old phanatsms at the start of these expansions, in hot i learned to clear conitions with my shatters and used them more often, i also learned to use my phantasms to tank a little bit i never understood that chrono has no "Shield cd trait", yes i know alacritiy was at the start of chrono a big deal, but after several…. lets call it Adjustments i think it should get a Shield cd trait…

So here are my Solutions for the chrono:
The improved alacrity trait gets as Bonus a Shield cd tait. The Chrono gets togehter with the ability to wear shields ( Shield Proficiency) the ability to use the old phantasms, they stay as long as they dont get shattered, so there will be a need to decide: phantasms that deal dmg OR shatter them toget alacrity? For clones it is easy: shatter them because that is their use, the only downside of them is their low life, they often die before you can shatter them , but if chrono gets phantams they have high enough life to give the chrono a chance to shatter, but the real Question is: do you want to shatter?

I think chrono is the mesmer variant of a tank, so i think this will fit the new: you can not shatter without a clone /phantasm concept ( i still miss the old phantasms that let us think: do i want to shatter, or do i want to have a tank ability thing going on in pve, i slowly get used to "hit, run and shatter all you can" builds, but it is not that fun anymore, i hope they do something about that.

Off Topic: I also heard that Mirage has only one dogde( i think that is just for pvp, in pve it seems not the case or am i wrong?) my soloution for that would be give Mirage 2 dogdes in pvp BUT only make the first dogde the Special dodge, so you need to decide: do i want to wait until the first dogde recharged or do i want to use my normal second dogde to Escape? For pve: PLEASE do NOT touch the dogde ability.

• 5 weeks later...

Not gonna happen.

Anet has a clear bias against the class and most of the community is too lazy to learn how to play against it.

It's almost been a year since they broke Chrono. I quit that very day. It's been almost entirely downhill after they introduced the SoI nerf that changed it from copying boons onto others to instead extending duration. Chrono was powerful by design which was offset by its very high skill floor and ceiling especially in the case of boon chrono. You really can't nerf this class truly without effectively deleting it and after all the nerfs, despite how powerful it still is, it's still not very fun to play. You can basically achieve the same results, but it just feels abysmally awful. You would think they would know how to nerd something properly given all the nerfs they kept making to Necro without effectively breaking the class. But honestly, it's like they don't even care and just throw nerfs and buffs around to change the flavor of the month based on statistics instead of actually looking at each class' merits and actually playing and understanding them.

It's not the first example of players knowing a game better than its own developers. That's why balance changes and "exploits" in the form of developer oversights occur. What they've done to this class just shows that they either don't listen to the community, or they only listen to the majority that doesn't think and just facerolls a combo in PvP.

Find a new main or go play another game. They're just going to constantly "rework" it as much as possible till people quit playing it and it turns into just another DPS with flashy spells.

When they reworked phantasms, it was explicitly mentioned that it was to encourage a more active gameplay, because up to that point the optimal DPS for PvE was to have three phantasms up and to never shatter or use clone invoking skills, which meant mostly holding 1.

Granted, now the gameplay revolves around shattering often, usually as often as possible (my chronomancer basically has to spam clone/phantasm and shatter as often as possible with three clones to keep up permanent alacrity and quickness).

On a different topic, ANet has decided for quite a few elites that they don't want CD reduction traits, they were too simple and mandatory for the most part. At some point they may rework the rest of traits so they don't just reduce CD, but do something more interesting so that they may be viable even when not using their intended weapon/utility.

So, to OP, I'll just say it is very unlikely that the points addressed will change, as ANet has stated their reasoning behind the changes.

On the other hand, mesmer has been very complicated balance wise for competitive modes, and a good chunk of the playerbase considers them gutted beyond uselessness currently. It is likely they may try some future adjustments so that the class will get better representation, but considering the current weather after the last huge rework, it may still take a while.

PvE wise, mesmer is just fine, at least their elites are, IMHO.

• 1 month later...

Anet seems to think for WvW that one chrono per server is enough. Right now the only time you will see a Chrono is for portals, Gwells, and Veil. Some people like to Tag with a chrono because in wvw you have no f skills to worry about while fighting in a zerg and you can veil your zerg with better timing. The good news is they are not getting nerfed every patch now because no one plays them.

I also didn't like the phanstasm changed for chrono - I didn't leave back then, I tried to adjust. I didn't hate it that much but I'd prefer if they changed phantasms just for 1 elite spec instead for the whole profession! I'd love to have one profession about shatters and other one with phantasms staying and focusing on other mechanics.Anyway then they continued to change chrono so often I just switched to mirage. I still played it from time to time but not too often. In the end I left after they continuously nerfed down mirage and kept changing how chrono works.I was curious if things are back to normal now after a long leave, but here I come back just to see that mesmer is the most overnerfed class according to other people (together with warrior it seems?) and it's even worse than when I was leaving :(

I am PVE player and played mainly mesmer from the game start - I fell in love with the profession. It wasn't that great in core game but I still had tons of fun.I feel like they balance the game mainly around PvP which is a big loss for me - 99% PVE player. I dislike that they change the whole feel and play of a class after years - I played it for years because I liked how it was. I'm ok with nerfing some skills but not changing the core gameplay completely and not nerfing to that extent.Feels bad. I was thinking about coming back too, but... now I don't know. I'd love to go around the new content, new story, new maps, but I feel discouraged due to mesmer not feeling the way it did - and I am not an alt person, I invested everything into that 1 character, that's how I play. I also never fell in love with any other class that much.