Im looking to get back into the game after not playing for 2 years. I logged in and I'm overwhelmed

I have no idea what to do because I forgot everything. I dont even know what half the items do that are in my inventory/bank. I have the story completed to path of fire. Today I logged in, walked around for 30 minutes, then logged out because I have no idea what to do now.

Any advice?

It took me several attempts to have the game finally stick again for me. The big thing for me, overwhelm wise, was the sheer amount of crap in my bank and inventory. /Wiki [item name] will bring up the wiki of anything in game and you can check if you need it. After i spent an hour clearing my bank and bags (hell just send it all to an alt), i was able to get into things again. I'm not sure if it was able to help you specifically but it did the trick for me.

@Apnea.2869 said:It took me several attempts to have the game finally stick again for me. The big thing for me, overwhelm wise, was the sheer amount of kitten in my bank and inventory. /Wiki [item name] will bring up the wiki of anything in game and you can check if you need it. After i spent an hour clearing my bank and bags (hell just send it all to an alt), i was able to get into things again. I'm not sure if it was able to help you specifically but it did the trick for me.

This is a big reason I'm overwhelmed. Thanks for the help.

If you have a spare character slot my advice is to start a new character and play them for a while to familiarise yourself with the game. Keep the characters you already have, and the items (for now at least) but starting a new one will let you get to grips with the basics rather than trying to pick up where you left off. Then when you're feeling more comfortable with the game you can switch back to your existing characters and you'll probably find it easier to continue from that point.