Running antitoxin rune & still being unable to do anything vs Immob ranger/druid

solemn.9670

I am running cleanse sigil, sigil of generosity, antitoxin rune, and even with food & water signet creating a total of -65% incoming condi duration, also with weapon condi cleanses, I am unable to do anything beyond sit and die to immob rangers. They bind me, I attack and attack and attack and even though I'm running half-zerk with DPS traits and can easily 3-shot most builds it takes far too long just to kill the roots, and then I'm immobed again, cleanse it, immobed again immediately, and then the roots are back again already and I proceed to die stupidly to someone playing a build that is 0% risk 100% reward.

I actually can't think of anything worse in the game that I've ever encountered, at any point in time. I would rather fight 3 condi mirages than 1 immob ranger. I would rather fight perma-stealth no-balls rifle deadeye. At least I can PLAY the game vs those builds.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"SoulSlavocracy.4902" said:I am running cleanse sigil, sigil of generosity, antitoxin rune, and even with food & water signet creating a total of -65% incoming condi duration, also with weapon condi cleanses, I am unable to do anything beyond sit and die to immob rangers. They bind me, I attack and attack and attack and even though I'm running half-zerk with DPS traits and can easily 3-shot most builds it takes far too long just to kill the roots, and then I'm immobed again, cleanse it, immobed again immediately, and then the roots are back again already and I proceed to die stupidly to someone playing a build that is 0% risk 100% reward.

I actually can't think of anything worse in the game that I've ever encountered, at any point in time. I would rather fight 3 condi mirages than 1 immob ranger. I would rather fight perma-stealth no-balls rifle deadeye. At least I can PLAY the game vs those builds.

What ur experiencing is a result of completely incompetent balance devs. They lowered damage but left reviving speed,hp pools on roots and barriers untouched rendering them twice as powerful and effective as pre patch, makes sense in a de-powercreep patch right lmao, the teams a joke.

Anything dps and you are toast to these - may as well lie down, die and then waypoint.

However if you have any sort of tankiness, condi or sustain then they are laughable. Annoying as heck yes but I literally jumped around one for 10 minutes until we both parted having hardly damaged each other.

Anet balance - comparable to a chocolate teapot for usefulness.

It's a problem that's annoyed me for years too.

There simply isn't enough defense against these mechanics compared to how much incoming effects you can sustain.

It's why i've stated in the past that we need a short 1sec immunity phase when using stun breaks and something similar for immob that gets cleansed as well.It's far.. far too easy at this point to get stunlocked to death by even small groups even if you have several stunlocks in your build.

Unfortunately, WvW is not a place for single player balance. The build is disgusting, truly a frustrating experience and near unbeatable in the correct hands, but as it only excels in 1v1 situations in WvW, it'd be a cold day in the Underworld before ANet brings it back into line. The sad truth of WvW. As refrence, I've fought this ranger build using Antitoxin runes as a Weaver with Water and Woven Strikes and still could barely managed to cleanse the conditions at the expense of literally all my regen/swiftness applying abilities.

Anyway, I'd say the best course of action we can take is to record these battles and post the fights here on the forum or reddit. Taking about it is one thing, but if players start posting videos the devs can actually see the ridiculousness they're unleashed in small scale WvW and atleast then they can't feign ignorance (oh who am I kidding xD).

@"SoulSlavocracy.4902" said:I expected as much, honestly I encourage it, please make it so obvious to anet that it gets patched faster.

If everyone switches over to Roots Drood, ANET will simply release an update that nerfs Thieves and Mesmers again, and maybe give 10 target stability back to Firebrands.

There are days when I think The Joker is in charge of competitive balance changes - anything to promote more chaos.

I have a solution for Ancient Seeds. Instead of allowing a trait to instantly trigger an elite skill every 10 sec, we make it so you have to use an elite skill to trigger the trait. Also, increase the cooldown to something like 45 sec and have the immobilize occur after 3 sec delay and be dodgeable.

@Clownmug.8357 said:I have a solution for Ancient Seeds. Instead of allowing a trait to instantly trigger an elite skill every 10 sec, we make it so you have to use an elite skill to trigger the trait. Also, increase the cooldown to something like 45 sec and have the immobilize occur after 3 sec delay and be dodgeable.

Half the hp of the vines.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@"Clownmug.8357" said:I have a solution for Ancient Seeds. Instead of allowing a trait to instantly trigger an elite skill every 10 sec, we make it so you have to use an elite skill to trigger the trait. Also, increase the cooldown to something like 45 sec and have the immobilize occur after 3 sec delay and be dodgeable.

Half the hp of the vines.

There are no physical vines, I forget to mention that part. It just shows the vine icon on your skill bar and you can dodge the effect (no pulsing) after the "fuse" expires.

@Aaron Forestman.4758 said:If you've got all this cleanse, why are you standing in the roots? All you have to do is remove the immob and then walk a little bit out of them.

If immob was the only issue then yes having those clears would be enough. But the immob is covered by bleeding (easily spammed by short bow AA), cripple, poison, vuln, sometimes torment and slow. You usually spend your condi cleanses taking care of those conditions and by the time you get around to clearing the immob, you've used up all your cleanses and the ranger is kiting and preparing to daze you again to repeat the process. Or they just straight up immob you again since they have quiet a few options to do just that. Its not as simple as clearing the immob and walking away in that sense.

@fuzzyp.6295 said:Unfortunately, WvW is not a place for single player balance. The build is disgusting, truly a frustrating experience and near unbeatable in the correct hands, but as it only excels in 1v1 situations in WvW, it'd be a cold day in the Underworld before ANet brings it back into line. The sad truth of WvW. As refrence, I've fought this ranger build using Antitoxin runes as a Weaver with Water and Woven Strikes and still could barely managed to cleanse the conditions at the expense of literally all my regen/swiftness applying abilities.

Anyway, I'd say the best course of action we can take is to record these battles and post the fights here on the forum or reddit. Taking about it is one thing, but if players start posting videos the devs can actually see the ridiculousness they're unleashed in small scale WvW and atleast then they can't feign ignorance (oh who am I kidding xD).

Normally I'd agree with you, but Immobilise is a very powerful condition and this build is useful even in a zerg, not just 1v1. Properly skilled a Druid has acess to something like 6-7 Immobilisation skills, almost all of them AoE, and can keep entire parties rooted solo. Sure, they can clear the roots with cleanses and attacks but not before allied forces run them over.

Its the condition that's the problem, not the build. This is just the only build in the game that can truly spam it.

If you want to see how powerful builds like this really are go to PvE and play Fractals or Raids where its literally used to cheese the content because enemies can't do anything against it. Its not much different in WvW, players are just a bit smarter.

I don't run in zergs anymore so I haven't seen many druids catching large groups, but I have heard more and more guilds are looking for immob heavy classes. If true, I hope ANet can adjust the condition a bit, perhaps greatly reduce the time you are immobile for or reduce the amount of immo available per class.

Yes, druid immobilize is stupid and should be changed. Usually when you meet druid theyre doing literally nothing, besides immobilize.Like for real, when I do outnumbered fights and see constant immobilize, theres 95% chance that one of bajs im fighting is druid. And most of druids dont know what theyre doing, besides trolling with immobilize. They do 0 damage, they dont heal anyone, just spam immobilize.Nice game design (fun part is that usually this trolling with immobilize is doing more work than rest of the fighting group, but thats another story).

Pro tip:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Revenant

This allows you to run out of the vines so the immob doesn't reapply. It has the same cooldown as the immob trait.

Remember you can destroy the vines. Any point blank AoE will do, and conditions like burn will do alot. Warrior/revs/necros have specific traits that help, guardian/mesmer/thief have teleports to take you out of them, engineer can convert it to resistance, rangers have ranged counterpressure (roots do no dmg) and elementalists have high damage point blank AoE.

@Chaba.5410 said:Have you tried using the Resistance boon or movement skills that ignore immobs instead?I can't use warrior skills on ele and ele has no resistance

@"rng.1024" said:Pro tip:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Revenant

This allows you to run out of the vines so the immob doesn't reapply. It has the same cooldown as the immob trait.

Remember you can destroy the vines. Any point blank AoE will do, and conditions like burn will do alot. Warrior/revs/necros have specific traits that help, guardian/mesmer/thief have teleports to take you out of them, engineer can convert it to resistance, rangers have ranged counterpressure (roots do no dmg) and elementalists have high damage point blank AoE.

Ty that's a good tipButThis brings me to the same issue I have with the condi meta. I don't want to be boxed into running one rune/setup just because one or two builds are ridiculous, and running this to counter them puts me at a competitive disadvantage vs every other build in the game where I'd benefit more from other runes.

@Hannelore.8153 said:If you want to see how powerful builds like this really are go to PvE and play Fractals or Raids where its literally used to cheese the content because enemies can't do anything against it. Its not much different in WvW, players are just a bit smarter.+1

How useful this is really depends on your profession, but be aware that you can teleport out of vines and they'll stop reapplying Immob on you. Also, as far as I know, the Ancient Seeds trait entangle effect relies on CCing your target, so builds using it can be countered somewhat by Stability.