Skyscale quest

I have been playing this game since release and played a good portion of GW1. I love this game; the story is deep and engrossing, the community is one of the best in gaming, and the world is not jut just beautiful but incredibly challenging and fun to run around in.

::Rant On:: My question is WTF!!!!! were they thinking when they built the skyscale quest!? Its almost like they started with a good idea and then just gave up. On top of that the Krakatite ore is a joke.

::Rant off:: I need advice on how to farm up the ores I need for the saddle. I am at my wits end looking at this list and trying to calculate how many weeks or months this is going to take.

Thanks in advance.

The saddle does take a lot of materials, but there's no time limit on completing it and (unless you spend those currencies on something else) you won't lose progress once you've started. There's also a few different ways to get each currency. So my advice is to start by thinking about how you want to do it. Is this an absolute priority that you want done as soon as possible? Or is it something you'd like to have eventually? How much time are you willing to spend on it in one go? Then use that to decide an approach that's best for you. Don't worry about exactly how many days it will take, it will take as long as it needs to and you'll get there eventually.

Some people farmed all they could on every character they had to get it over with as soon as possible. Others parked one character in the map and did a little bit each day, or just saved whatever they got while playing normally and got a saddle part whenever they noticed they had enough of one currency.

I tried to hit a middle ground between the fact that I wanted the skyscale as soon as possible because I love dragons and the fact that I hate farming and only have limited time to play anyway so I'd likely burn myself out and stop playing for a while if I tired to finish it as quickly as possible. After a bit of experimentation I settled on a target of 50 currency a day. That's 50 in total, not 50 of each or 50 per character, and it's also a target not a minimum; some days I wouldn't reach it, but then on other days I'd do slightly more because when I reached 50 there was another node right there or I was in the middle of an event which awarded it and I think it evened out over time.

To get it I'd do whatever I felt like. I'd often start by going to the map and just looking for nodes, then maybe as I was looking I'd find myself completing a heart and finish it off to buy some from the vendor, or the meta event would start up and I'd join in with that. On a good day I'd forget for a while that I was farming and just focus on playing the game, then realise I'd reached my target.

I don't remember how long it took (although the maths tells me it would take 30 days) but I do remember that I found it bearable at worst, had fun doing events and even made progress towards some other achievements while I was doing it and I got there eventually.

@knyghte.3920 said:Really appreciate the help here guys. I am far less freaked out at this point. Cheers!

Download TaCos, then download tekkit’s guide, follow the routes for the currency nodes in each map. I just did this and farming about 2 maps of routes per day it took me a week or so to get all that currency. I skipped a lot of hearts too and only did the farming on one character.

@zaekeon.5128 said:

@knyghte.3920 said:Really appreciate the help here guys. I am far less freaked out at this point. Cheers!

Download TaCos, then download tekkit’s guide, follow the routes for the currency nodes in each map. I just did this and farming about 2 maps of routes per day it took me a week or so to get all that currency. I skipped a lot of hearts too and only did the farming on one character.

I came here to make that same comment. I wonder if the currency is a problem because people just aren't playing those maps with the release of later content. I'm a person who farms everything I come across, and I think the Sandswept Isles and Jahai Bluffs were the map currencies I was short on.

Another tip: find someone (guildie?) who has all the LS4 nodes. You can farm those daily, which adds up. I have also been in maps where people advertise in map chat that they have a full home instance they would like to share with other players.

• 2 weeks later...