[6.9.2020] Autotarget Not Autotargeting

After the 6.9.20 patch, I noticed that my skills were not targeting correctly. Autotarget and Promote Skill Target are both enabled. No settings have been changed.

Symptoms:

1.) Using auto attack will not select a target, even if standing directly in front of any enemy.

2.) Skills 2 - 5 also do not select a valid target if applicable. (Eg., Ranger LB 2 will shoot where you are facing instead of selecting a target. This was most noticable in WvW.)

3.) Can't re-target by using skill 1 (like the baddie I am).

4.) Ground target skills will usually select an ally if present, and deselect the current target.

Update 6.15.20:

5.) "Snap Ground-cast to Target Location" becomes broken during combat and will only cast at self-location.

Anecdotally, one of my CM group also noticed some sort of discrepancy, as have a few players in map chat when asking if anyone noticed a change or new issues.

Anyone here noticed something amiss with autotarget behaving strangely?

==========

Update [7.1.2020]:

The patch released on 6.24.20 appears to have resolved the majority of players concerns regarding autotarget.

If you feel that autotarget is still not working correctly please state why you believe that to be the case, and provide examples of skills/autotarget malfunctioning.

Also, if appropriate submit an in-game bug report under the support option in Settings (accessed by hitting the "Escape" key in-game), with as much detail as you can provide.

Autotargeting is completely broken. On my mesmer I'll try cast clones and it goes nowhere. I'm using leap skills into my death. Sometimes it's even selecting targets all the way in Narnia instead of what's in front of me. This is degrading gameplay massively for me in fractals and raids and I don't even want to play the game in this state.

i noticed this too. As a dragonhunter, the class is practically unplayable. During raids i kept leaping off platforms, and i thought perhaps i was just playing badly. but today i dug a little deeper and found other people were having this problem too. It feels pretty dang awful, i hope they fix it soon..

It's been a pain last couple of days. DHs using greatsword leap to another random place, chrono sword 3 leap doensnt work and struggle getting clones up. many raids/strikes have become unplayable for certain classes for people who are used to autotargeting.

@"Memoranda.9386" said:If you disable to the setting "Right-click to attack/interact" that seems to help with accidentally selecting allies. Other issues still seem unresolved.

I have had that one unchecked the entire time, and I am still getting this problem. Until I saw this post, I thought it was just me. I also get targets selected out of range and out of sight (e..g. a jellyfish when I am helping defend the western battery during Tequatl).

hmm i kinda noticed something weird last night but i thought it was the toggle, cause it always does what it wants and disables it. so I had to enable a key to toggle the autotarget lock on/off to fix it, but this is something that has been going on for years. and speaking of that, i was thinking that we should have some UI indicator that the autotarget is on or off, since using your toggle key doesnt show you if it's on or off, i have to target someone, hold down on one of my skills that locks to target and see if it's on or off, and then toggle if i need.

I'm seeing something weird too.Just wondering if this is the same thing.When i am fighting someone, it seems as i targeted someone else mid fight like i lose target on boss/enemy players and it would target my clone or something.I thought it was me mistakenly click "Tab" key but now i'm not too sure after seeing this thread.

@"Sleepwalker.1398" said:I'm seeing something weird too.Just wondering if this is the same thing.When i am fighting someone, it seems as i targeted someone else mid fight like i lose target on boss/enemy players and it would target my clone or something.I thought it was me mistakenly click "Tab" key but now i'm not too sure after seeing this thread.

that sounds like the typical case of leaving "Right click to interact" enabled. it is very easy to end up switch target when trying to move your camera if you leave it on

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@"Sleepwalker.1398" said:I'm seeing something weird too.Just wondering if this is the same thing.When i am fighting someone, it seems as i targeted someone else mid fight like i lose target on boss/enemy players and it would target my clone or something.I thought it was me mistakenly click "Tab" key but now i'm not too sure after seeing this thread.

that sounds like the typical case of leaving "Right click to interact" enabled. it is very easy to end up switch target when trying to move your camera if you leave it on

That did improve the situation, however, for me that has always been enabled by default. It was never a problem before the 6.9.20 patch.

I want to add that the special mastery skill related with essences - in Drizzlewood - works strange. It pop-ups in the fight. And when you activate it you receive the message: "invalid target, please use it on an enemy imbued with .... " What? How is this "invalid target"? The special skill is not activated by me - to make a mistake. It appears whn you select an enemy who can be damaged by such a skill. And why after it appears the target is invalid?