26 May changes for Mesmer

Tayga.3192

I can appreciate the lockdown situation having consequences.

But last of any mesmer changes was February 25th "big" patch, 3 months ago.

Would have at least hoped for small fixes and design tweaks in the meantime, iterating towards some vision.

I haven't taken a break from this game because mesmer is unplayable - on the contrary, for the game modes I could still be bothered to play, condi mirage was still laughably strong in wvw thanks to unnerfed energy sigils and food, and at least mirage was still in its pre-nerf godlike state in pve.

No, I've taken a break because I'm bored... bored of the lack of care and class vision for the big design changes to encourage a wide range of build variety. Where is the incentive for players to experiment and diversify? There's no coherent vision for this class, to establish a clear foundation to enable that variety.

The m.o. of "nerf everything around the meta into mediocrity, leaving people with essentially one way to play, then nerf the meta in ways that still only incentivise one way to play, but do nothing about all the collateral damage" is sad.

For the first time I'm actually not sure about buying the next expansion.

I really wish chrono had access to the core CC shatter if no clones are up , at least in PvE. That way you could shatter for damage and then actually be able to CC with F3 shatters. Losing distortion is already a heavy penalty.

A shatter-less chrono plays a lot like a bad core guardian , shroudless necro with no shades, or two attunement ele. Especially in openworld if you're power spec, you shatter and then can't do anything until you have clones from sword 3 (llusionary Leap) / GS 2 (Mirror Blade) or mirror images. You could get clone on dodge via Deceptive Evasion but then you lose a hefty amount of damage from Superiority Complex (multiplicative +15% crit with additional 10% vs <50% or disabled foes).

Mesmer is not getting buffed in PvP. Cmc and Ben have literally explicitly said this. More nerfs are in the pipeline. Cmc has also explicitly said this. If you poll the SPvP forum if they're happier now with Mesmers being, almost inarguably the weakest PvP class and representation plummetting the poll would have almost 90% "Yes".

The developers are happy. The player base is happy with balance. It's over for mesmer. It's time to move on.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@"Curunen.8729" said:But last of any mesmer changes was February 25th "big" patch, 3 months ago.

To be honest, they only touched condi thief, lrod ele??, ranger, holosmith, core necro, condi revenant and firebrand.

True, it seems to be damage control on the outlier specs/builds that get moaned about most, but nothing beyond that sadly.

@"mortrialus.3062" said:Mesmer is not getting buffed in PvP. Cmc and Ben have literally explicitly said this. More nerfs are in the pipeline. Cmc has also explicitly said this. If you poll the SPvP forum if they're happier now with Mesmers being, almost inarguably the weakest PvP class and representation plummetting the poll would have almost 90% "Yes".

Can you link the sources please?

@Tayga.3192 said:

@Crossroads.5174 said:Can you link the sources please?

It's from a Teapot stream, I bet nobody wants to go through 4-5 3hour streams

I see. I remember having watched a good chunk of that stream, and the only thing I recall is that CMC was very evasive about Teapot's questions regarding mirage being nuked from orbit and chrono being utterly not viable. I may have missed the part where he talks about future nerfs to the class. If that would be the case, I wonder what could still be there for them to nerf.

@Crossroads.5174 said:I see. I remember having watched a good chunk of that stream, and the only thing I recall is that CMC was very evasive about Teapot's questions regarding mirage being nuked from orbit and chrono being utterly not viable. I may have missed the part where he talks about future nerfs to the class. If the would be the case, I wonder what could still be there for them to nerf.

I don't think he is talking about that specific stream

Tbf Mort gave more details, said it was 1 week or 1week and half before he posted that the first time and was a video in which teapot was doing pvp, so it narrows it down to like 3 videos.Very long videos that is.I cant even be bother to watch GW2 10min videos on YouTube, so not certainly 7hours ones.Still it's pretty clear to me that what he said was true, when devs won't even bother to fix a fucking tooltip, it obvious they won't do skill/trait buffs.

• 2 weeks later...

@Infusion.7149 said:I really wish chrono had access to the core CC shatter if no clones are up , at least in PvE. That way you could shatter for damage and then actually be able to CC with F3 shatters. Losing distortion is already a heavy penalty.

yeah i tried it, and it sucks hard. hated it.

if you're a WVW player who wants to play mesmer you might as well stop playing.