NA WvW is in freefall

Caysadia.7405

@Vova.2640 said:

@Mil.3562 said:
It has never been about the Warclaw
Please don't lie. WvWers love the Warclaw. But, gankers on the other hand, have been trying very hard to kill it since it's launch in Feb. Warclaws took away their only fun of jumping on unsuspecting players, forcing fights on support build players.

Im sorry what ???

Wvw'ers do not like warclaw as it currently is. We talked about this since it was announced...

really? I know plenty of wvw'ers who do like warclaw.

please do not pretend you are speaking for everyone. YOU do not like it. I like it a lot.

I like that I can get back to my guild squad quickly. I like that I can get back to my erver blob quickly. I like that I can roam around with a friend or two, hitting things here and there and vanish. I like that I can run around solo, hit things here and there and be gone when a group finally shows up. I like that I don't need 5 min to run across a map.

I like it and I know plenty of people who do the same.

I do also know people who dislike it. Mostly because they can't force people into fights as easily as before.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the builds everyone liked to play had damage gutted, and core effects of skills changed, game play is a slug fest.power ratios were gutted so the less you invest in damage the less you were nerfed(ding ding bunker meta)condi bunker was stronger than power/glass builds pre 2/25, the weaker, and higher risk play style got nerfeddamage was blindly removed from any skill with cc regardless of it's purpose/use.many skills were used purely for (blockable)damage effects had some cc or chance of cc, and lost damage.dragonhunter longbow 5, only afk people get cc'd by this, while rangers high damage version cripples with every damage procspvp yesterday for example, berzerk [trueshot] hit necro outside shroud/lich for 100 damage.how many rangers rapid fire for 100 damage, or would continue logging in when they did?DEADGAME

@"XenesisII.1540" said:Gais,Good news, after 5 years of depression wvw has finally recovered population all across the board, and looks like links can finally be taken off and we can cancel alliances!pops the champagne and throws up the party hatswoohoo!

tRfDK4w.jpg

Funniest part is that all the 4 of the 6 open main servers: NSP (NA), GH (EU), DL (EU), RS (EU) are in tier 1 :o

There is no way Kaineng is still "Medium" unless they literally don't classify a population below that for Marketing reasons (aka LIE a lot for investor metrics).

And when they literally killed almost 2 classes entirely in competitive (Mirage, really all of Mesmer and Elementalist) when people bought the Xpac specifically to play them and remain competitive in competitive modes and then had them gutted because some people can't learn to play, well, people leave for other games.

@"Kylden Ar.3724" said:There is no way Kaineng is still "Medium" unless they literally don't classify a population below that for Marketing reasons (aka LIE a lot for investor metrics).

I know you’ve been around long enough to know that answer.

And when they literally killed almost 2 classes entirely in competitive (Mirage, really all of Mesmer and Elementalist) when people bought the Xpac specifically to play them and remain competitive in competitive modes and then had them gutted because some people can't learn to play, well, people leave for other games.

There have been times where Mesmer was more broken than thief. Ele haD its moments in the sun as well.

Currently, they are both in... let’s say limited space, though there are builds for both that can be very effective in different settings.

@"Kylden Ar.3724" said:There is no way Kaineng is still "Medium" unless they literally don't classify a population below that for Marketing reasons (aka LIE a lot for investor metrics).

Medium is the lowest rating. The population levels are only for wvw, they don't take into account pve or spvp populations, and you can bet there's a whole lot more pve players in this game, as it usually is in every game. No point lying about it for investors wvw isn't even a selling point of gw2, they have metrics on every section as they pointed out to us a few years ago.

Also elementalist are in a much better place than mesmers at the moment, tempest are highly useful in zergs, core and weaver can still be competitive in roaming and zerg specs. Chrono and mirage were roflstomped by the community, mob dragged to the curb, and then each given one last heavy bloody kick to the ribs by anet.

@"XenesisII.1540" said:

tRfDK4w.jpg

I know people who really like the sound of gw2 WvW, but its impossible to bring new players into the game to play with us because we happen to be on one of the main servers (and one of the underpopulated ones at that).

This business of just straight locking certain servers regardless of their active pop is killing the game. I would love to get new players into the game, but Its not an option for 6 of us to pay to transfer to linked servers just so we can play WvW with our new players. Which eventually leads to them not buying the game.

@Doug.4930 said:

@"XenesisII.1540" said:

tRfDK4w.jpg

I know people who really like the sound of gw2 WvW, but its impossible to bring new players into the game to play with us because we happen to be on one of the main servers (and one of the underpopulated ones at that).

This business of just straight locking certain servers regardless of their active pop is killing the game. I would love to get new players into the game, but Its not an option for 6 of us to pay to transfer to linked servers just so we can play WvW with our new players. Which eventually leads to them not buying the game.

And opening full servers has led to stacking and to terrible matches and people leaving wvw for the week maybe even permanently, there's bad consequences to either side.

New players can start with the free to play version of the game and pick a non full/link server to start, cost them nothing to get into wvw to see if they like it and convince themselves to buy it.

A lot of servers were open or had links in the past year, how many new players did you bring in then?

And opening full servers has led to stacking and to terrible matches and people leaving wvw for the week maybe even permanently, there's bad consequences to either side.

Only one server I think.

New players can start with the free to play version of the game and pick a non full/link server to start, cost them nothing to get into wvw to see if they like it and convince themselves to buy it.

They want to play with us their friends, we are all playing gw2 at the moment. They don't want to join some random server and play alone that defeats the point.

A lot of servers were open or had links in the past year, how many new players did you bring in then?

This question gives me decades old flashbacks to the teacher asking me why I didn't go to the bathroom at lunch.

Only one server I think.

If you actually believe that, let me tell you about a bridge that I have for sale.

Only one server I think.

If you actually believe that, let me tell you about a bridge that I have for sale.

There have been a few bandwagon stacked servers throughout the years, but that fact that you know which server I was referring to off the bat speaks for itself really.

Only one server I think.

There have been a few bandwagon stacked servers throughout the years, but that fact that you know which server I was referring to off the bat speaks for itself really.

So there is a server named Brooklyn?

Let’s see...

Do you mean the stack on SoR?Or the one on SoS?Ahh no.. maybe it was the one on JQ?Hmmm.. Could be BG?Or maybe post links was it.. SoR again?Or AR?Or SBI?Hmmmm...

Or maybe you were speaking about the current issues on EU which, quite honestly I cannot name the servers, but just ask ‘em.

Only one server I think.

Let’s see...

Do you mean the stack on SoR?Or the one on SoS?Ahh no.. maybe it was the one on JQ?Hmmm.. Could be BG?Or maybe post links was it.. SoR again?Or AR?Or SBI?Hmmmm...

Or maybe you were speaking about the current issues on EU which, quite honestly I cannot name the servers, but just ask ‘em.

You can play ignorance all you like, you know exactly which server I'm speaking off.

Only one server I think.

Let’s see...

You can play ignorance all you like, you know exactly which server I'm speaking off.

I feel for you if you think I am playing ignorant.

To believe that there is only one server that stacked is would be living in a fantasy world.

To pretend that server was the only one would be disingenuous.

I can honestly tell you I fall into neither of those categories on this.

Only one server I think.

Let’s see...

To believe that there is only one server that stacked is would be living in a fantasy world.

RIght now isssue is that 2/3 of main servers (EU+NA) are full. Some of them are fuller than others and should stay closed while others should open up so transferring isn't just for links and dead servers... Half full would already be lot and we are waaaay above that.

Only one server I think.

Let’s see...

RIght now isssue is that 2/3 of main servers (EU+NA) are full. Some of them are fuller than others and should stay closed while others should open up so transferring isn't just for links and dead servers... Half full would already be lot and we are waaaay above that.

I won’t argue that with you (about some should stay full), however, I would lock the servers that are linked to full servers as well upon relink. If people want to group up, it would force the population to continue to spread out to other non full servers that are listed as main, or stay on the servers that were linked together with the attempt to balance population.

People have screamed to spread out the population. Well, there are ways to encourage it. The next step (other than alliances) would be to force it.

@Doug.4930 said:

They do not lock servers regardless of active population. Population is determined by play-hours in WvW only. So if you are full, then you have enough people playing enough hours to where you're over the threshold. I don't know your exact situation, but if you are not seeing anyone, maybe people are running with invisible tag or you have a lot of off-hours population. Maybe a lot of pugs who afk in keeps and don't help. Whatever the case, those play-hours are coming from somewhere. I know it's unfortunate you can't recruit - but that's kind of the point of locking servers. It's an incentive to transfer to lower-population servers.

@SWI.4127 said:

@"Doug.4930" said:

They do not lock servers regardless of active population. Population is determined by play-hours in WvW only. So if you are full, then you have enough people playing enough hours to where you're over the threshold. I don't know your exact situation, but if you are not seeing anyone, maybe people are running with invisible tag or you have a lot of off-hours population. Maybe a lot of pugs who afk in keeps and don't help. Whatever the case, those play-hours are coming from somewhere. I know it's unfortunate you can't recruit - but that's kind of the point of locking servers. It's an incentive to transfer to lower-population servers.

But there's no denying that some full servers are way more "full" than others. Only a few months ago this game only had one full server (NA). The server that shall not be named. Recently however there are now 9 full servers. Are we seriously supposed to believe that there has been a resurgence so great that the floods of players filled up 8 more additional servers? I find it highly more likely that Anet has either greatly lowered the server capacity, or they simply locked the 9 most popular servers, regardless of the population gap between the most populated of the 9 and the least populated.

I don't care about ppt or the score. I was pretty happy and had good fights coming dead last for 8 straight weeks last relink. But I do find it ridiculous that anet has "full" servers that are certainly nowhere near full. I completely understand some servers need to remain locked lest they break the already awful population balance that exists presently. But 9 full servers is rubbish. This game does not have enough players to "fill" 9 servers, not by a long shot.

@Doug.4930 said:

@SWI.4127 said:

But there's no denying that some full servers are way more "full" than others. Only a few months ago this game only had one full server (NA). The server that shall not be named. Recently however there are now 9 full servers. Are we seriously supposed to believe that there has been a resurgence so great that the floods of players filled up 8 more additional servers? I find it highly more likely that Anet has either
greatly
lowered the server capacity, or they simply locked the 9 most popular servers, regardless of the population gap between the most populated of the 9 and the least populated.

I don't care about ppt or the score. I was pretty happy and had good fights coming dead last for 8 straight weeks last relink. But I do find it ridiculous that anet has "full" servers that are certainly nowhere near full. I completely understand some servers need to remain locked lest they break the already awful population balance that exists presently. But 9 full servers is rubbish. This game does not have enough players to "fill" 9 servers, not by a long shot.

I’ve said it in other threads:

I think the Evil empire has been established as the ‘Full threshold’. So any time their population hours decrease, the threshold decreases.

This would serve a few purposes:

• keeps the evil empire closed (mostly)
  • Spreads out population as when a server is full, people bandwagon to others
  • Gives the appearance (illusion?) of increased population.
  • Decreases chances of bandwagonning any ONE server.
  • As The Evil Empire loses players, it keeps them full.

Now, is that a good system? Dunno. But it mostly explains the increase in full servers over the past few months.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@SWI.4127 said:

But there's no denying that some full servers are way more "full" than others. Only a few months ago this game only had one full server (NA). The server that shall not be named. Recently however there are now 9 full servers. Are we seriously supposed to believe that there has been a resurgence so great that the floods of players filled up 8 more additional servers? I find it highly more likely that Anet has either
greatly
lowered the server capacity, or they simply locked the 9 most popular servers, regardless of the population gap between the most populated of the 9 and the least populated.

I think the Evil empire has been established as the ‘Full threshold’. So any time their population hours decrease, the threshold decreases.

Now, is that a good system? Dunno. But it mostly explains the increase in full servers over the past few months.

You could be right, but it seems a bit unreasonable to simply keep 9 servers locked permanently. Its not realistic to expect players to pull out their wallets and transfer just so that they can play with their friends. And who knows if that new server won't be locked eventually? Are we then expected to transfer again?

Just punish the server stackers. If one server receives an influx of players, lock the offending server. If the stack is too great take away their link.But this business of keeping 9 servers locked is just going to hurt the game. I'd rather a stacked server that shall not be named than dead maps.

@Doug.4930 said:

@SWI.4127 said:

greatly

You could be right, but it seems a bit unreasonable to simply keep 9 servers locked permanently. Its not realistic to expect players to pull out their wallets and transfer just so that they can play with their friends. And who knows if that new server won't be locked eventually? Are we then expected to transfer again?

Honestly, if you read back at threads, this argument was met with ‘if they are your friends then you and they will move to play together.

It’s also why people have been hoping for alliances.

Just punish the server stackers. If one server receives an influx of players, lock the offending server. If the stack is too great take away their link.

That would require 24/7 observation by a human as the algorithms can always (and have been) gamed.

But this business of keeping 9 servers locked is just going to hurt the game. I'd rather a stacked server that shall not be named than dead maps.

There are still people who feel as if the evil empire has more active people than any server. The rage that exists any time it opens is quite comical. I usually pull out popcorn as soon as it happens.