More Health Points for Guardian - in PvE

SeTect.5918

@Ryou.2398 said:I think its the simple matter of certain builds need an hp boost maybe they should put the extra hp in a trait and that would balance things out better but there are other builds where if you had hp you would be way to op, your best bet for now is going a condi build there is a really nice core and firebrand one you can run and trust me its a hek of allot of fun.

Guardian is in an awesome spot(meta at all pve modes). It doesn't need more hp. Marauder gear is the solution, it also compensate with higher crit rating for not having a ranger in party.

If anybody feels that guardian is week it is a purely l2p issue.

PS: guardian is one of those Classes that can comfortably solo hot hp using Condi firebrand.

Actually it wouldn't be a bad idea if they changed Force of Will to function more like some of the other traits that grant Vitality such as the ranger's Taste for Danger, the warrior's Great Fortitude, or even the weaver's Master's Fortitude (granted I do think this is overpowered when you consider that the weaver also gains access to barrier and possibly as much as a 500 increase to Vitality and all this for an Adept trait) but they could lower the skill from being a Grandmaster , maybe give a little less Vitality or have the amount given be a percentage of another stat like some many of the other examples and thereby possibly give Honor a grandmaster trait that would have more utility

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@jan.7915 said:PS: guardian is one of those Classes that can comfortably solo hot hp using Condi firebrand.

In Viper gear or Dire/Carrion/Trailblazer gear?

Trailblazer makes it easier I believe. I asked in guild and a guildmate said that for hp solo or to carry the train hebruhs for guildies he is using trailblazer accs and his normal raid gearset mix (viper grieving sinister).I got trailblazer exotics and the accs are the raid mix. Both works but fully trailblazer would be easier u believe. Balthazar was hard because I suck at those things but took less tries than my first Griffon race gold.

Actually it wouldn't be a bad idea if they changed Force of Will to function more like some of the other traits that grant Vitality

Guardian is already a top choice build, overbuffing there would result in nerfs elsewhere or an op class.

I get it, y'all want to be stupid op as the reaper for open world but guardian is right below that, still stupid strong. Power set to one shot packs and Condi set for champs, easy.

Actually it wouldn't be a bad idea if they changed Force of Will to function more like some of the other traits that grant Vitality

Guardian is already a top choice build, overbuffing there would result in nerfs elsewhere or an op class.

I get it, y'all want to be stupid op as the reaper for open world but guardian is right below that, still stupid strong. Power set to one shot packs and Condi set for champs, easy.

I think you've misinterpreted what I was suggesting, I wasn't suggesting that you give the Guard a larger health pool so much as change the way the Force Of Will trait gives it , as it stands it gives 300 points to Vitality which basically gives the Guardian 3000 points to their health pool plus a bonus of 1% (.5% in PvP and WvW) to out going healing which is a totally passive effect. All that I'm suggesting is no longer make it a flat 300 and instead make it a X% of another Stat or from two Stats as it is done on at least 3 or 4 other examples of Traits that give a bonus to Vitality and in doing so you could bring the Trait down from it's Grand Master status to a lesser Trait value(which again almost all of the other Traits are at instead Grand Master) thereby opening up the Grand Master slot to something allows more versatility instead a passive point gain( note depending on the X% this could give greater than 300 points or less that would depend on X% and the Stat(s) involved) so just to be clear I'm not suggesting a blanket increase in Vitality in anyway.

As a side note with the change to Signet of Mercy (change from Healing to Concentration) the Guardian lost any trait or utility that gives us additional healing power, some how mixing healing into this could be helpful, just a thought.

@RUNICBLACK.7630 said:

I think you've misinterpreted what I was suggesting, I wasn't suggesting that you give the Guard a larger health pool so much as change the way the Force Of Will trait gives it , as it stands it gives 300 points to Vitality which basically gives the Guardian 3000 points to their health pool plus a bonus of 1% (.5% in PvP and WvW) to out going healing which is a totally passive effect. All that I'm suggesting is no longer make it a flat 300 and instead make it a X% of another Stat or from two Stats as it is done on at least 3 or 4 other examples of Traits that give a bonus to Vitality and in doing so you could bring the Trait down from it's Grand Master status to a lesser Trait value(which again almost all of the other Traits are at instead Grand Master) thereby opening up the Grand Master slot to something allows more versatility instead a passive point gain( note depending on the X% this could give greater than 300 points or less that would depend on X% and the Stat(s) involved) so just to be clear I'm not suggesting a blanket increase in Vitality in anyway.

As a side note with the change to Signet of Mercy (change from Healing to Concentration) the Guardian lost any trait or utility that gives us additional healing power, some how mixing healing into this could be helpful, just a thought.

Sorry I misunderstood. That would make sense.I still don't see the need for more life on a proven solo dungeon runner class because it could snowball very quickly.

There is not much reason for the HP pools in the current day and age. It is a relic from 2012, however, bringing HP pools to the current age requires effort. Anet has not had a PvE balance patch in close to 4 month now. I am certain the virus is causing delays, but this has been an issue for years. It probably will never change, even though it makes no sense.

Losing ¼ or half damage for 1 Skill?

U asked for more health, not for extra stats without tradeoff

But i said that i am not using marodeur armor because i dont wanna be forced to use gear which gives me less damage, so why would i use an other whole specialization and lose even more damage

So you want to do a lot of damage, have a lot of mitigation, and also a big health pool ?