Living World : The Truth Behind Kormir

pilourse.9174

Can you please do a living world that will tell the truth behind Kormir's Story. For "old player" we all know Kormir did nothing to kill Abaddon. She hid behind all heroes and steal the godhood right in our face. She self-proclaimed herself as the goddess of truth afterward. She is a fraud.

A lot of GW1 players swap to GW2 looking for some dynasty... Never the game mentionned us in the history !!! My character name was reserve. I am a "Champion of the God" and history don't remember me ???

The truth have to be reveal !

Sincerely yours,

Rihanna Icestriker :)

I doubt we'll see much on Kormir except if we get another plot with the gods, who don't seem particularly relevant right now in the plot. Kormir being heavily involved and helping with killing Abaddon is pretty much canon in GW (even though all she did was body block players ;)), so I really don't think there would be anything about that added in at this point.

I think this is one of the times game mechanics and lore don't match up. Kormir just stood there and didn't do anything because players got so frustrated with Rurik rushing ahead every time an enemy came into aggro range, and Anet didn't want NPCs to steal kills from players/make it too easy. But in lore she fought alongside the other Sunspears and their allies and was likely the one to deal the killing blow to Abaddon, or was at least instrumental in the victory.

My head canon is that my human ranger is descended from my GW1 characters, so I resolved the discrepancy by making the in-game version of events the version her family tells. I'm not sure she ever really believed it, she just thinks her grandfather liked to complain, but at least she knows Kormir just stood there and it was her ancestors who took down Abaddon.

Anet could easily make a storyline with 6-7 episode where you find "piece of truth" everywhere on the map. Koss, Dunkoro, Livia for exemple could untie their tongue and start explaining some stuff. At the end, Kormir come back and make an heel turn (Yes, like the WWE haha) and become the Goddess of Lie ! That would be perfect. History have to be repair !