Besides thieves, which class can escape even when chased by 5+ people?

aaron.7850

Lets assume a scenario where you will be in wvw and 4-6 low-to-avarage skill enemies are going to chase you and try to kill you.

Besides thieves or mesmers with their stealth, which class/setup has the best chances to run away or last alive the longest? Considering there will be instances where they will catch-up and throw damaging abilities at you.

@Taobella.6597 said:any class can run away if you know how to play it.

rev has shino to teleport awayengi has stealth an super speed to run awaynerco have wurm and spec walkwarrior have a bunch of leap skillguardian have teleportranger have a bunch of leaps and stealth

Yes necro can run away if 5 necros hunt him. Trapper druid or norn race is safe bet.

Any tbh.

If yu want me to single out Professions/Builds however, I'll go with :

Soulbeast and Holosmith amongst the better ones which aren't Thief or Mesmer.

These two Professions share one thing in common, being that they both also have access to Stealth, both also have strong Boon uptime (especially defensive boons like Protection), and really high sustain.

Even if they can't "outrun" a pack of players, they can easily sustain the chip damage yu will incur while running to a friendly tower.When played extremely well, they can easily run laps around low skilled players without even dropping below 70% health.

rev has shino to teleport awayengi has stealth an super speed to run awaynerco have wurm and spec walkwarrior have a bunch of leap skillguardian have teleportranger have a bunch of leaps and stealth

Core Guardian need a target for Judge's Intervention and the other TP skill need a friendly target to move guardian at all.Guardian do not have any teleport skill that can be used to escape as an independent skill without target compared to Mesmer's Blink. Swords (MH) teleport isn't exactly long range and not very useful when one need to get away. Guardian need to use their boons (Aegis and Swiftness) to get any mobility that is from professional skills. (I wouldn't count Runes that can change how skills work from using heals, traps or elites that every profession can use if they fulfil certain conditions to trigger an extra effect/skill).

Mesmer's Blink have also been nerfed, so it is hard to really trust that you will always get away if something would be in the path or there is some kind of gap on land. Today it needs much more pathing to actually work compared with how it did work for a couple of years ago.

Mobility wise:Engineer stealth gyro, hammer leap, elixir gun + 180 bind + superspeed(scrapper)Warrior with sword/G's (combined) + rampageRanger greatsword + swoop (soulbeast)Mesmer general stealthing + sword leap spam + staff 180 bind + blink (mirage)Elementalist RTL + lightning flash (can be used as juke) + fiery greatsword +/ earth dagger leap (if taking dagger mainhand also)

Juke or target required (trickier to be evasive but doable)Guardian judges intervention + sword leap + wings of resolve (dragon hunter)Necro flesh worm + spectral walk + portal (scourge)

Also FYI, you can add to all this with choosing Norn and taking snow leopard elite for stealth/leap/rush to disengage.

Runes to help disengage:Runes of speedTrapper runesZephyrite

There are options, some classes do it better than others for sure but generally they are designed around it.

Edit: I didn't add rev because I don't play it

@Junkpile.7439 said:

Yes necro can run away if 5 necros hunt him. Trapper druid or norn race is safe bet.

I have seen a nec get ooc vs a theif before with spec walk back from 1k range and then summon wurm and consume. You forget theif dosnt always have 15/15 Initiative and shadow step up 24/7

@Junkpile.7439 said:

Made me laugh, good one.

You don't know their skill level while they're sizing you up. Take it easy and watch all of them while feinting and moving a bit to see what they're thinking so you can stagger out evades, blinds, and whatever when you need to. Try to keep them turning and facing at the pace you set and don't leave them an easy lane to run you down on, you want to move in a way that makes them have to keep adjusting to be in sure pull range instead of an all out run.

I probably watched them creeping around doing stuff for awhile and decided I don't want to mess around with one or two of them and now I'm tripping over my keys trying to warn you. I'm a thief but I'm still not trying to get chased around by 4 to 6 people.

4-6 low-to-avarage skill enemiesSpeed Rune Signet Reaper

I am doing this at least once a week to troll people. No one expects that this is possible. Extra style points for 180 degree direction changes with spectral walk porting into their back.

I've chased down shortbow teefs on that build. It's incredible.

Your corruptions and strips guarantee that your encounters can't make use of their own speed rune.

Clever resource management of your targets will ruin your day, but we are talking about "low-to-average skill" here, right?

@"KrHome.1920" said:

I am doing this at least once a week to troll people. No one expects that this is possible. Extra style points for 180 degree direction changes with spectral walk porting into their back.

Your corruptions and strips guarantee that your encounters can't make use of their own speed rune.

Clever resource management of your targets will ruin your day, but we are talking about "low-to-average skill" here, right?

Kudos to you!Reassess, adapt, overcome

@"KrHome.1920" said:

what build is that?

@Junkpile.7439 said:

Speed tunes reaper. Very possible between wurm and spectral walk to juke and outkite

@Junkpile.7439 said:Yes necro can run away if 5 necros hunt him. Trapper druid or norn race is safe bet.

Try out Summon Flesh Wurm => get past the 1200 range => Spectral Walk => continue to run way (and now you can use the environment to your advantage (like going down cliffs) => just before the 10s limit hit Spectral Recall, then Necrotic Traversal right away, then see if many classes can follow you...If you are against a smart mesmer or necro , they would have activated their Portal Entre (if they have it equipped) or own Spectral Walk (usually a necro has it equipped) when you activated yours so they might keep up with you (and then only a mesmer can match your Necrotic Traversal with his Blink (again, if he has it equipped). As for the necro there is little chance he also placed his wurm close to yours (if he placed it at all)..Add Runes of Speed on top of that, plus some Death Charge (Shroud#2) if you are a reaper...

And that's only if the people chasing you have an inkling of the skills of other classes because there are some great chances that they will think that you have either Alt-F4 to avoid the fight or cheated.

@aaron.7850 said:Lets assume a scenario where you will be in wvw and 4-6 low-to-avarage skill enemies are going to chase you and try to kill you.

Besides thieves or mesmers with their stealth, which class/setup has the best chances to run away or last alive the longest? Considering there will be instances where they will catch-up and throw damaging abilities at you.

This is exactly what is wrong with balance...NO class should ever be able to get away from 5 people, period!