Trailblazer/dire/carrion for wvw

SLT.1469

Hi guys

I’ve been using a Condi/immob build for roaming, with full dire and started to upgrade to ascended trailblazer. At the moment I like the build but would like more damage. Here’s what I’m running now:gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAUxjlRwmYSsH2JWeO5v3ScYUA-zVRYcJ1cUkBtWIFUCZGB9mAmPJT+BA-w

What are your thoughts on stats? I was thinking 50/50 dire/trailblazer? Or full trailblazer? Would you throw on carrion or even vipers for more burst?

Thanks all

@mistsim.2748 said:Personally, I don't find expertise valuable, and prefer a mix of Dire and Apothecary instead.

I, too, found this out the hard way. Expertise won't matter if your target has sufficient cleanse or knows how to avoid applications in the first place. If your target doesn't have the cleanse, it actually seems to work better for my playstyle to have each tick of condi just hit harder.

That being said, I'm still running full Trailblazer on a roaming soulbeast build because I like the stat spread. I'm looking into alternatives though.

@voltaicbore.8012 said:

@mistsim.2748 said:Personally, I don't find expertise valuable, and prefer a mix of Dire and Apothecary instead.

I, too, found this out the hard way. Expertise won't matter if your target has sufficient cleanse or knows how to avoid applications in the first place. If your target
doesn't
have the cleanse, it actually seems to work better for my playstyle to have each tick of condi just hit harder.

That being said, I'm still running full Trailblazer on a roaming soulbeast build because I like the stat spread. I'm looking into alternatives though.

i think i have 24k health, 600hp, 1600 condi damage, and 2200 toughness on Dire armor/weapons, and Apothecary trinkets. i get condi duration with sigils and pizza.

@kiwituatara.6053 said:I disagree, healing power is pointless on condi soulbeast cuz it scales terribly. If you're running snow owl with troll unguent, thats actually enough to get you back to 100% hp in a fight with full trailblazer/dire gear

This is patently untrue. In a lengthy fight, most of your healing isn't coming from the Owl heal. Wilderness Survival traits scale really well with hp, as well as Regen from various sources. Not to mention the heal itself. Leap finishers over water scale with hp.

Hp is a way better investment than expertise, any day. It's basically condi bunker 101. To each their own ultimately, but objectively expertise has very little value when you can get condi duration from pizza and sigils. Condi duration isn't even necessary to begin with.

@mistsim.2748 said:

@kiwituatara.6053 said:I disagree, healing power is pointless on condi soulbeast cuz it scales terribly. If you're running snow owl with troll unguent, thats actually enough to get you back to 100% hp in a fight with full trailblazer/dire gear

This is patently untrue. In a lengthy fight, most of your healing isn't coming from the Owl heal. Wilderness Survival traits scale really well with hp, as well as Regen from various sources. Not to mention the heal itself. Leap finishers over water scale with hp.

Hp is a way better investment than expertise, any day. It's basically condi bunker 101. To each their own ultimately, but objectively expertise has very little value when you can get condi duration from pizza and sigils. Condi duration isn't even necessary to begin with.

I havent tried HP on my soulbeast, but with full trailblazer, 1v1, 1vx, i can easily heal all the way back to 100%hp. Maybe condi duration isnt that necessary, and I should try dire gear instead, but HP really isn't needed as well with spiritual reprieve and troll.

My first ranger had carrion, then moved him to trailblazers for longer condi applications. It’s highly enjoyable to tank and deal a decent amount of condi damage, but you can be shut down by some classes that have a over abundance of cleanse and resistance. My third ranger, has two sets, full viper set and a full plaguedoctors with dura runes, while it’s fun to burst people down quickly, I find it more enjoyable to deal decent condi damage while having a healthy amount of healing happening in those outnumbered wvw fights.

@kiwituatara.6053 said:

I havent tried HP on my soulbeast,

you should, it's pretty strong. especially with dire gear when you have 24k+ health.

@mistsim.2748 said:

you should, it's pretty strong. especially with dire gear when you have 24k+ health.

Where are you getting your healing power if you are recommending Dire Gear? If you are suggesting a split, how much/what gear are you recommending?

@Opopanax.1803 said:

Where are you getting your healing power if you are recommending Dire Gear? If you are suggesting a split, how much/what gear are you recommending?

I mentioned Dire/Apothecary. I haven't min-maxed, I simply went for Dire armor and weapons, and Apothecary trinkets/back. I use Thorn runes with Poison master.

I'm not saying this is the best build, as so many combinations can work in WvW due to pve gear scaling. But I just don't see the point in getting expertise over healing power.

On SB I'm using a mix of Bringer's armor & weapons and Trailblazer trinkets. Its very tanky, and the damage output is immense since it still has >1k Condition Damage and 100% Condition Duration, but you need to be careful of cleansers and CC them.

The new Spike Trap has helped alot (the WvW version, at least).

NOTE: This is with Trapper's runes and a full Trap/Survival (for Elite skill) build.